I made a small calculation mistake in my earlier post. Apologies for the same.
At the current consumption rate, a fully charged battery would last me about 83 hours, under standard usage as demonstrated.
83 hours ain't anywhere close to 120 hours (which would be stellar!!), but is very good in itself.
I have been hearing a lot about the bad battery performance of this phone. I personally am used to hooking up my phones with a charger every 12 hours or so, hence never really had much issues. But given that I like pretty much everything else about this I thought I will run this phone through its paces and see how true or otherwise those 'low battery' rants are.
- I have been using this phone for just about 28 days now
Timestamp : 11-June-2012, 9:45pm
- Charged it to 100% using the charger and cable provided in the box
- Put display in auto-brightness mode
- Disabled the Bravia engine (switched it on again for watching movies, but later)
- Switched off Wi-Fi and data
- Set Network mode to WCDMA(preferred)/GSM
- I use Llama to manage my profiles: Vibrate only when at work between 9am-5pm and at home between 11pm-6am. Loud when outdoors. Normal at other times.
Usage till now:
- Phone calls - about 108 minutes by now. Missed calls 14.
- Texts - 76 texts exchanged
- Music - Listened to songs for about 18 mins
- Video - Watched 2 videos - Total duration 8 minutes 43 seconds (switched on Bravia engine during video)
- Radio - 4 minutes
- Wifi - Switched on for a total of 18 minutes. Checked mail. LinkedIn and Facebook updates.
- Mobile data - Switched on for a total of 85 minutes. WhatsApp, Mail, LinkedIn, PlayStore, Office mailbox sync, Gtalk, Google Maps navigation for 6 minutes, streaming music using 8tracks for 12 minutes.
- Games - Played Ninja Chicken for 10 minutes, Angry Birds space for 4 minutes, Temple Run for 6 minutes.
- Camera - 4 photos at night with flash. 11 photos during daytime. 1 video for total duration on 51 seconds.
- Changed theme 3 times in between and wallpaper 2 times
I still have 21% battery left.
Approximate battery usage
1.21% per hour
I will continue till 10% battery (because beyond that my battery management app will kill all processes and further enhance battery life) and further update the post. But at the current rate, a fully charged battery should last me nearabouts 120 hours with normal usage. I would say this is brilliant for a smartphone.
[deleted post]hey hw to update to build version 6.0.A.3.75 mine is 6.0.A.3.62,,,,help me out????????
SONY Xperia S, 13 Jun 2012dont worry at all..... mine also had same prob @ the beginning..... wen i took it to the serv... morehey bro hw to upadate to build version .75?????? pls help me out,,,,thanksss..:)
yes im having the same issue after switch back on the phone from sleep. do you use other launcher app?? exmple: (GO launcher ex) because it might be caused by the launcher app.
just updated to phone SW 6.0.a.3.75. i used SUS (sony ericsson update service) because i wasnt be able to update via PC-Companion. (had try for hundred times
*with SUS it took you 300mb of file size download.
NOW, i am curious whats the changes or major improvement for the update? is there any site were SONY's people could answer this? exactly.
Lucas Lun, 12 Jun 2012Anyone of here would recommend Sony Experia S?? If then,why?? Beginner of using smart Phone..its a great phone but i wld suggest wait for xperia acro s.. its better designed and will be around the same price.. i dont like the touch sensitive buttons on the phone,. they are difficult to hit a ttimes.. acro s wil not have that problem.. all the best !
LouisDR, 12 Jun 2012because the 12MP pictures with this camera, the quality is badddd, looks like 2MP or VGAOr maybe you don't know how to use it! Have a look at these pics taken using SXS camera at night:
Conclusion: SXS camera is awesome if u use correct settings!
guys this is the best phone trust me it's battery ain't an issue I have used a Symbian Nokia 701 and found out that xps S is better in terms of battery
!!!! CONCLUSION THIS PHONE ROCKS IN EVERY DAMN ASPECT.
Rohit, 13 Jun 2012A great phone.. Nice display, good camera,sufficient memory.. A good purchase indeed... But i'... moreyes I am facing this problem too, i reinstalled the app works fine but it happens every now and then :(
Rohit, 13 Jun 2012A great phone.. Nice display, good camera,sufficient memory.. A good purchase indeed... But i'... moreYup, but I don't there is a solution for this untill ICS
Its happening basically for 'INTERNAL STORAGE '
andi, 13 Jun 2012I've got that problem after a month of using my Sony Xperia S. I though before it's virus so I... moredid you made some changes to move app from phone storage to internal storage? because i got the same problem but only after moving app to internal storage because some app i guess run in backround and should be in phone memory...
Rohit, 13 Jun 2012A great phone.. Nice display, good camera,sufficient memory.. A good purchase indeed... But i'... moreI've got that problem after a month of using my Sony Xperia S. I though before it's virus so I installed antivirus app but it's still there that dead icon. I just updated my SXS a couple of days ago to the new FW update xxxx.75 and it's gone that dead icon showing every now and then. But when I got that dead icon it does not affect anything though.
A great phone.. Nice display, good camera,sufficient memory.. A good purchase indeed... But i'm facing a small hitch, every time i restart my phone some of the installed apps are shown as a crashed icon and when clicked is promts application not present.. Is anyone else facing the same issue???
Lucas Lun, 12 Jun 2012Anyone of here would recommend Sony Experia S??
Beginner of using smart Phone..the best smartphones ihave used better than iphone blackberry nokia and even better than samsung s3
Anonymous, 13 Jun 2012Ya ll surely let u know after using it for a week. But playing games for 5-10 mins makes the ... moredont worry at all.....
mine also had same prob @ the beginning..... wen i took it to the service center, there the dealer was using a galaxy s2.... his was boiling !!!!!!! !!!!!!
but mine reduced drastically aftr updatd to build version .75 u also try that and use it regularly... it will surely be corrected !!!
Anonymous, 13 Jun 2012I have used this phone for almost a month and here are my feedbacks
1. Very stylis... moreIn response to your comment!
1. The capacitive buttons on the bottom not being responsive (maybe right but you got the trick very quickly)
2. Camera quality is really poor during the night times (should be better but poor)
3. Call volume is very low (maybe you got a hearing issue)
4. Battery drains very fast (did you made the update?)
5. Application hangs and requires forceful shutdown (your unit was deffective)
6. Yellow tint problem on the screen (you could return to Sony and they would give you another one without that problem like they officially stated)
7. DCIM folder was shown in the computer when connected the phone via data cable (Don't Know what's the problem, shows that folder and others)
8. Skpye hangs very quickly in this phone and it requires a restart (again, yours was deffective)
9. Requires micro SIM (what's the issue here? Every future phone will have that)
This phone is one of the bests in the market and it is only the first one because Ion and Acro S is on the way, talking about high-end models. Because de mid-range ones are also outstanding, Xperia U, Sola, Tipo (New) and Miro (New). The Xperia P, I think is good but not great, in battery life because in perfomance is good. And when ICS comes to this products it will be outstanding. Great Brand, Great smartphones... I recommend Xperia S to anyone.
1 - Great screen! Great UI!
2 - Connectivity is a winner! USB, HDMI, Wi-fi, Data and NFC. Very fast to connect and responsive!
3 - TV launcher/Hdmi is great, you can do anything on any TV with hdmi capability! You can even control the options with remote if it have right bottoms.
4 - Camera very fast, you can even take a photo with phone locked if you see a moment you to save. 3D panorama and HD Video.
5 - Playstation certificate (i didn't try this one because portugal still don't have a server for this service). But any huge game on the market, performs well ;)
7 - And the design is amazing man! Amazing in this one and the next models! (unlike Samsung and Htc that every model, entry or high level are the same at your eyes only with different sizes).
GO SONY GO SONY GO!!!
rockysuruli, 12 Jun 2012Does the skullcandy headfones work with xperia s. Any users need ur comments. Thanks in advance. Hi bro....try to help answer this question. i never use skullcandy earphone to my xperia s. i also wonder why xperia s dont accept my samsung earphone, i think xperia s have special port like Iphone. so if it yes, i ever try the new philips ear/headphone (new type join with japan tehnology)for euro 49 very nice design and very comfort and very very nice sound with that price, and it can play and that type also have free converter to normal plug like 3,5mm other phone . but free inbox sony earphone is already amazing sound for inbox free earphone. but ya brand is brand never trust brand but trust ur ear, everypeople is different .
Anonymous, 13 Jun 2012I have used this phone for almost a month and here are my feedbacks Pros: 1. Very stylis... moreI don't think you are a Sony Xperia S user, but a plain and simple basher and a Samsung fanboy. Of course no doubt that SXS is far better than your S2 (I'm quite sure you are an S2 user)!