Hi... am using this cell since may 8... And am too too happy for having bought this one... It truly is amazing...
First let me tell of the features that have impressed me...:-)
* The display... is jusstt so cool and so is the design.. I have got a white one and it looks amazing..
* The music player is very good... and the sound quality is so impressive.. And too many options to personalize.. am totally satisfied with it..
* am a bit of game addict too... and xperia provides a whole new great experience in games.. no lagging at all...
* And am just loving the pics taken from it.. And when you have perfect amount of lightening no one can beat it.. It provides the most natural colours in pics.. I had never seen things like those..
* The messaging interface is as silky and smooth as butter..
* Am satisfied with the battery life.. Sure, it's not the one that you can boast of, but come on.. How much can one expect from a smart phone which uses android OS..?! And surely the battery life get better with usage..
And now mentioning the things that i'm not so satisfied with..
* The thing that i'm missin the most is the option to create "GROUPS" in contacts..which also means i cant send messages in group..that's a bit frustrating.. Hope they fix it in ICS update..
* The volume in the speaker mode is too low to accept.. yeah... I don't it use it much but users of that option would really be annoyed..
* Since Sony doesn't provide the original file manager in OS, they give you an app called "Astro" which they say is a better file manager.. Yeah, it sure has a lot of options than a normal one but when i tried to send some files through bluetooth it dint work.. I dunno why.. If anybody knows the way to fix it, pls tell me..
* I felt that while taking pics in low light areas and video recording the noise was a bit high.. I wasn't expecting that in a 12MP camera..
Considerin the pros that its providin i'm ready to make a few compromises with it.. although i'm fingers crossed for fixin some issues in the ICS update..
A truly happy and satisfied user, wishin the best for xperia s and sony in the days to come.. :-)
a fully packed smart phone. Photography folks this one is definitely for you. awesome picture quality. very fast in processing.draw back is that the sound when kept on speaker is little lower.
This maybe an expensive phone but it's worth every penny! Overall a really great phone. Go for it!
Megan231, 23 May 2012Thank you! It worked! Wew! That was easy :)) thank you so much ^__^No Problem. Happy to solve your problem :)
Megan231, 20 May 2012Bought my Xperia S today. just wanna ask for some help. I want to set my notifications to sile... moreBro their are two types of notifications in Xperia. If you just want to silent yr msgs. What you need to do is open up msgs, press the option button, click on settings, open ths notification tone n choose none i.e on the top. if you wanna stop it from vibrating, their is an option below the notification tone i.e notification vibration. uncheck it. n their you go :)
Anonymous, 23 May 2012IF the camera have silent option on shutter sound settings, you can use file manager to find a... moreomg! I just realized i dont have a file manager on this phone. -,- & i couldnt apply the things you suggested -,-
Megan231, 23 May 2012I did :( that's what i did te firt time, i even set the vibrate to never but it still vibrtes.... moreIF the camera have silent option on shutter sound settings, you can use file manager to find and copy the (silent) sound file (no_sound.m4a) from phone memory to notification folder in SD card then apply it as notification sound.
Thanks for everyone's suggetions. Im trying them now, & i'll re-read the manual as well. Thank you again for helping. :)
rishabh, 21 May 2012megan set your nortification tone volume 0 I did :( that's what i did te firt time, i even set the vibrate to never but it still vibrtes. Still stuck on silent mode on this one.
shaaz, 22 May 2012help me...!!! is xperia s suport video calng????lyk s2??dnt vth 3rd application???help meYes i think it does, coz it has a front camera, but i cant adviced you how to use it since i havent tried it yet. Sorry. :)
Jake's doll, 21 May 2012Hi Megan231, I've just bought the Sony Xperia S today - I have been given an Apple Iphone micr... moreHello :) i think the sims compatible to SXS since its a micro sim it'll fit. Unless the phone cant recognize it & doenst show any signal then they prolly did :) just return it & ask them if you can have it replaced.
Ivo, 21 May 2012why you are cutting the sim card go to your operator and told them that you need micro sim its... moreI actually bought it open line, so i decided not to get a new sim card coz i realized i had all my contacts saved on my sim & not on phone memory. So i just had it cut :) it gave me googies though coz i was afraid they'll gonna mess up & destroyed it.