Most comments here are pointing at the battery life and other. Let me summarize the Pros and Cons. And some solution to increase the battery life.
For me initially the battery was a problem , so I reduced the brightness and turned off the bravia engine in setting, by doing this my battery lasted for 1.5 days. Download the app called "night mode" and turn off the LED in the LED bar, this will increase the battery but not tried with this.
1. Battery life is good, ya its 1.5 days and this the best that u can expect from smartphone, if u want 3 or 4 days battery backup go for Nokia 1100!!!!!!
2. Great camera in day light, for night light LED flash is required for good Pics.
3. Great UI and specs.
4. Walkman app is awesome with great sound.
5. WIFI is great.
6. Haven't tried with the gaming, but as per my knowledge xperia ion is best for gaming and obviously Xperia SL will be good for gaming, more over both the cell phone is playstation certified so dont worry about gaming, it will be good.
1. Camera faces a problem of auto focus in auto scan mode, but if u try to face ur camera on other place and try to face ur camera again, it will focus again or try to go for infinite scan mode.
2. The three capacitive buttons are little and we might miss it, but this is not a big problem.
3. On heavy duty use the phone will be warm, a common issue in most of the smartphone.
Overall its a great phone, a must buy if your budget is around the 25,000/-. Don't go with hype of quad core or octa core, dual core is enough for most of the user coz we will not run any huge app beyond gaming. About the update, as per my knowledge we will get update at least key lime pie, because Xperia SL has a dual core, and Key lime pie is the first android OS which can optimally utilize the multiple core (ya for now behind the Key lime pie the number of core doesn’t matter!!!!!!).
I'm planning to buy this phone but I heard a rumor that this product is soon to be permanently discontinued by the company.
Is that true?
my main problem is wifi, connect to wifi and internet going good and lost but still connect to router but can't browsing or download anything...
should i change antenna for fix this problem??
please email me to fix this
col, 17 Apr 2013i have had this phone for a couple of month,s it was ok for the first few weeks and now it fre... moreyou are wrong, first when freezes all u have to do is to hold the power key and the volume up key together for 3 seconds and it will force shutdown, second thing this phone hangs very rarely so either you have a virus or you have a hardware defect.
samul, 16 Apr 2013hi guys, is there any app to hack wifi password....pl. reply soon No,sorry noway!
i have had this phone for a couple of month,s it was ok for the first few weeks and now it freezes a lot and you have to wait until the battery runs out to restart the phone , i would not recommend .
M getting a Problem in Games, Like Temple Run 1 & 2, Subway etc, games getting Pause automatically, whats the Problem how shud i solve it plz any help..
Anonymous, 16 Apr 2013Dude, try to turn off the bravia engine display, it will drain the battery very soon, also use... morehey if u r using dis cellphone pls tel me dat if i cntinue use d whtsap whole day what wil be battery backup time
anyone who is using this phone pls tell me whether it supports all games like subway surfers sydney,asphalt 7,mc4,nova3,fifa13 and temple run2
QuanTaZero, 14 Apr 2013They say Xperia SL will get Jelly Bean update in following days. You can buy SL or Z, it is up... moreI have heard rumours about that only Xperia S gonna get jelly bean update not SL.
If That is the case then which xperia i shld go for?
i like this hanset ndits good feature nd clerity of camera is very good we can easily operate sony xperia sl
guys can any one tell wheather this phone will get jelly bean update or not cause see in this link http://www.gsmarena.com/jelly_bean_for_sony_xperia_s_and_samsung_galaxy_note_arrives_in_may-news-5864.php
only xperia s getting update.......oh my god