Asifa, 11 Apr 2014will dis fone get kit kat updateYes, It will receive 4.4 Kitkat later. Check this link for further info: http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/03/19/new-sony-software-upgrade-including-android-4-4-kitkat-rolls-for-xperia-z-ultra-xperia-z1-and-xperia-z1-compact/
My using it for... 3days..awesome yaar.... Go for it...you will never regret
Bought this phone 2 days back..in love with this sleeek beauty now..great specs, great design..only thing is that the size is bit large to operate with single hand, but who cares, when this is making others turn towards this..
I've been using this phone for 10 days. Battery backup is 2.5 days with moderate use including 3g internet, gaming, calls and music. Picture quality in outdoors and in well lit indoors is very good. Very slim body and decent HD display. RAM is bit low but processor is very capable for gaming and videos. A MUST BUY FROM SONY.
I am using this phone from last one week now & its too good.. people who surf a lot or play a lot or heavy music listener should go for this phone easily because its battery backup is too good.. screen is also great.. browsing is fast.. overall i m quite happy with this phone.. I hd gone to purchase Lumia 1320 but when in same range i was getting much better camera, android, dual sim then purchasing lumia 1320 would hv been a wrong decision..
Yrr wot abt sony's aftr sale service... Nd second point s evrybdy s sayin dat dis ph s very deligate ..
Anonymous, 07 Apr 2014which is better xperia zl or xperia t2....ofcoursre zl...cause it has 1080p screen,more poi than t2,2gb ram,ir remote control
Zhang Nan, 09 Apr 2014but he said, he's not a hardcore gamer who need tons of ram, and I think upgrade is not alway... moreCant deny that general usage and browsing is somewhat better on for example Galaxy Mega 5.8 with its 1.5GB RAM than on Xperias with 1GB. 2GB RAM is my minimum requirement, its really useful. For example my BlackBerry Z10 has only a 1.5GHz dual core CPU but thanx to 2GB RAM it is so smooth and fast even when browsing heavy desktop version web pages with flash content and everything.
I kindof agree with samsung on this one, midrange need at least 1.5GB RAM.
1) Excellent display
2) Very fast processor, no lag at all even with heavy multi-tasking
3) Some might tell you the RAM is insufficient but such self-professed pundits know too little themselves to make any informed opinion
4) Wifi antenna is exceptionally good, manages to latch on to very weak signals most other phones cannot.
5) The battery is the most awesome part of the phone. It lasts forever - you may even sometimes wonder if it goes below 30% so you can finally have it charged back up in time for the next day. Mine lasts typically for a full 2 days at least and my use is very HEAVY.
6) I do not use the camera much, to me all phone cameras are equally worthless, but my friends tell me the camera on this phone is quite good
(Why worthless? google: "true camera resolution" "dots per pixel and camera picture quality" "megapixel resolution versus camera sensor size"
Cons (few, but grave):
If you have no qualms about it, you may root your phone with a custom ROM and probably get around these trivial problems and the phone has nothing to be complained about (but very few might be brave enough or possess the expertise to do that and risk the warranty on a new phone)
1) Phone crashes unexpectedly over open networks and sometimes even when the network turns off due to a router reset. There seems to be a software bug with the WiFi handler application. Although it reboots really fast, something of this sort is not expected. This problem is recurring but cannot be recreated at will which makes it all the more difficult to pin-point and avoid. I have been in touch with the online Sony Customer Care Center and they don't seem to be aware of this problem. Even the guys at the Customer Care Center admitted mine was the first phone of the model to fall into their hands. I'd recommend you wait for the software updates with these bug fixes to be released before buying.
2) The Sony Walkman player that comes with it is buggy too. It causes the phone to reboot or freeze and you have to press the little blue "Power off" button with a .5 pencil head (hidden inside the SIM cover near the SIM1 slot) to turn it off since there's no option to pull out the battery. However you may circumvent this by disabling the app completely and using a 3rd party app.
AnonD-216263, 09 Apr 2014It really is impossible to reason with a rock.U hav nothing to reason here..neither do you game nor a app lover, u r one average user who jst calls n msgs presumably, so stay happy wid this box! Cheers for you..I wud suggest better switch to a Nokia GSM mobile 'Buddy' :D
This fone is a gud midrange offering for all users lyk him, for all other heavy users Nexus 5 is just around the corner.
AnonD-209094, 09 Apr 2014For an UPGRADE it is supposed to be something that is better than what you have, he have an ol... morebut he said, he's not a hardcore gamer who need tons of ram, and I think upgrade is not always to buy better hi-end devices. But the more important thing is buy a phone that match to your wallet ability.
Zhang Nan, 09 Apr 2014You can't compare 2 smartphone with different price range. G Pro 2 is a high end smartphone an... moreFor an UPGRADE it is supposed to be something that is better than what you have, he have an older high end model and have to upgrade to a high end model for it to make sense.
And, he want a bigger display and then Note 3 is not much of an upgrade, plus it has region lock.
i have this phone for 15days t2 ultra is awsome no singal problem in this phone everybody must buy t2 ultra dual
AnonD-209094, 09 Apr 2014For web browsing the resolution is even more critical, that is where you really need 1080p dis... moreYou can't compare 2 smartphone with different price range. G Pro 2 is a high end smartphone and I don't think G Pro 2 is much better than Note 3. And T2 Ultra is just mid range smartphone.
AnonD-252254, 09 Apr 2014But friend i am not a hardcore gamer. But i will browse a lot. So i think i will not affect by... moreFor web browsing the resolution is even more critical, that is where you really need 1080p display. Have a look at LG G Pro 2, it is 5.9 inch 1080p.