i m thinking to by a phone mainly for video calling with this price range,is it ok or can any one suggest me another phone in this price range......
Nisha, 15 Dec 2012How my xperia u work as tv out. Pls hlp memight be this a good solution:
AnonD-78229, 14 Dec 2012Reset your phone after update to ICS. Don't use live wallpaper. Why cannot use Live wallpaper and why should I update this phone to ICS then reset? Is this been better than GB or just the same? Please help.....
AnonD-78229, 15 Dec 2012Indeed I faced those problems, but I didn't reset my mobile after update to ICS. Then I reset ... moreokay i will give it a try then.
could you guide me through the update process step wise ?
AnonD-83561, 15 Dec 2012i would have updated it but i heard many bad coments about the ics , that it lags a lot and ju... moreIndeed I faced those problems, but I didn't reset my mobile after update to ICS. Then I reset my mobile and reinstall apps now it's working better than GB in terms of battery timing and performance.
Few games which weren't working in GB now working in ICS. I like ICS now. Give it a try.
AnonD-78229, 14 Dec 2012I don't know about this game, but I installed snow bros game that is, in fact, a heavy game. B... morei would have updated it but i heard many bad coments about the ics , that it lags a lot and just to open contacts or camera takes lot of time , Are you facing any problems like that or any other that was absent in GB ??
Hi exesting users please tel me will this phone supportes for JAVa applications like uc or opera browsers because i have my owne apps i want to use them
pirate guy, 14 Dec 2012im having problem with the internal memory. as specified that it is having 8 gb internal but ... more4gb internal memory is user accessible, 2 is for apps, and the remaining 2 gb is for OS.
are you sure xperia u will get jellybean updated??so cool..
Anonymous, 14 Dec 2012is this mobile supports viber free calls or text only like blackberry???Yes viber Skype works great in this phone, video calling is good.
xperia u is better phone but its memory is too low..who know that its memory can be upgraded or not??please help me..tq
Pawan Kalyan, 14 Dec 2012It's been a week since I bought this phone. From one week of usage, I found the following pros... moreI don't know why notification light is not working in ur cell, it works fine in my device for any notification.
As far as speaker is concerned,I think every mobile has speaker at it's back and the sound is fine for me, in fact got better after ICS update.
RAM is not of a much issue, as android is based on Linux. Still bigger ram increases performance you should have though about it before.
Battery sucks in GB, update your phone to ICS, not only will it increase battery timing but also the phone's performance. Make sure u do factory reset after update.
Don't use live wallpaper it affects performance. I have more than 150+ apps and my mobile is doing great, running smoothly.
I heard Sony is going to upgrade XU to JB which is more better than ICS.
AnonD-88802, 14 Dec 2012I am going to buy this phone tomorrow...so can anyone tell me if i can still activate the FREE... moreafter purchase just install box app from play store and after sign up in box your 50 GB cloud is activate
tushar, 14 Dec 2012i upgraded to ics and since then ive been having this serious lag problem especially the hifh ... morei was also facing the same problem. visit sony xperia service center and degrade to GB
It's been a week since I bought this phone. From one week of usage, I found the following pros and cons.
(1) Display is awesome with cool animations and high PPI. It gives you a feel of using an high-end phone with 720p display.
(2) LED strip in the bottom is a nice show off feature.
(3) Camera is decent enough for a 5 MP shooter.
(1) Very low available RAM of around 120 MB almost all the time. The phone used to be super fast for the initial couple of days. Later, I must have installed 5-6 apps at maximum and since then phone started lagging.
(2) Notification LED is a bummer. It works only during charging but doesn't glow when you get an SMS or some other notification.
(3) The USB/charging cord is too short. In my case, it doesn't even reach my bed from the switch board. :|
(4) Because of the positioning of loudspeaker on the back of phone, one might miss calls when it's placed on bed or some soft surface.
(5) Too many useless apps come pre-installed. And if you uninstall them, those icons would just leave voids in the application pages.
(6) The biggest con of all, battery life. You wouldn't believe if I said that I get a maximum of 3 hours with one charging, and that too I don't use Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth or any battery draining apps.
(7) I was expecting Dual-core processor to be fast enough. But all I see is lag everywhere.
Overall a disappointment if not for the awesome display and LED strip. Although I have got notifications saying update to ICS is available I'm skipping it for now and wait until Sony releases a stable version.