I am really confused between Xperia U & Ace2
Ace2 is better at (768 MB RAM & 3.8 inches Display) ........... but I am worried about Its 800mhz CPU
Does it affect performance and gaming
& which is better ?
I purchased Xperia U 3 months ago and was working fine in the begining but now i am having problem with the screen as when i try to type msgs,the unwanted alphabets get selected and also the msgs gets sent,i tried rebooting the mobile and tried lots of time but no use,too worst phone...
AnonD-78421, 18 Nov 2012HI there,
I would like to buy the xperia u phone. however, after reading lots of reviews and ... moreIn response to your comment...
1. Skype and Gtalk works very good for me. Although in GB the front camera barely works in low-lighting situation but it has been fixed in ICS
2. never tried that, but it should be fine
3. Yes, it is dim and all phones are like that. It doesn't really bother me much, as you can also use the transparent bar as notification lights as well by installing 'Illumination Bar' app from market.
4. There's noticeable lag during the first 2-3 hours after update, as, I guess, the system is shifting to the new os. Afterwards lags mostly happen when using camera because now the camera takes long time to focus and when you play video, you'll notice some choppy frame drop (no longer smooth as in GB). Other apps work just fine.
I reverted back to GB bcs I use camera quite often and watch lots of video. So if you're like me, I'd recommend to stay on GB until Sony release a newer os. If you don't mind of camera or video playback, upgrading to ICS is very worth it.
5. I don't see too much different between GB and ICS, though GB is slightly better in my opinion. Also depends on your network, in your scenario, I could expect my phone to last from full to below 15% within one and a half day (using 2G/EDGE only) or less than 24 hours in continuous 3G/HSPA.
6. I have same scenario and it works fine for me. But I am not a heavy user of all of those, so if you use all these apps very often (like every 15-20 mins)I can expect some lags especially in ICS, but not much.
However, I'd recommend not to use Facebook inside Xperia if u have lots of friends on FB (300+) as it really slows down the phone.
Khan-g, 19 Nov 2012awesome mobile i love sony.... all u guys dont think any thing just buy it awesome sell phone ... moreYou will be very disappointed by miro! I tried one last week! Bad chipset, laggy and only 2finger multitouch! Xu and Lww best in price range!
368MB visible RAM sounds about right. Per the FAQ, the Android system reserves a chunk of RAM for itself to assure basic operation and for graphics buffers etc.
512MB is on the low end for a current phone, for sure, but rarely a problem in practice - even with ICS I'm finding. This isn't designed as a phone to push to the limit.
Note that RAM boosters (a.k.a. task killers) are of limited if any use, and may actually end up draining battery instead, since killed tasks will just start again. Android is based on Linux, which has very good memory management and actually works better by keeping the memory full of dormant applications.
awesome mobile i love sony.... all u guys dont think any thing just buy it awesome sell phone now i am planning to get sony miro..sony is best
I have bought this phone few weeks ago.
so starting with camera,, its not pretty good. but video clarity is good. More games or apps u install, interface gets laggy sometime or hangs. Internet surfing is pretty good. looks are great love it. Speakers are not good.
But main problem is with the RAM. its show around 368MB ram. so for that i have installed RAM Booster which is pretty good app. And Storage is less so u have to live with that. and donnt upgrade to ICS.
but i thnk at this price range, its great phone.
rating -- 8/10.(RAM ISSUE )
I would like to buy the xperia u phone. however, after reading lots of reviews and threads in this forum, I end up with open questions that I couldn't find answers any where.
1) do video calls (gtak and skype) work well with no problems (gingerbread and ics)?
2) does viber work well with no problems (gingerbread and ics)?
3) what about the notification led problems (next to the front camera), I can't find whether is it a problem (not bright enough or low dim) for every handset or is it just with some handsets only??
4) regarding the ics update, it seems from the debates that it is not safe enough to update as lots of usere have problems (lag and others) but I hope that this debate can end with a fact that should help other users that are still on GB. any opinions???
5) What about battery life
Usage: (background: emails, watsapp, viber, facebook inside xperia, facebook messanger, gtalk, dropbox besides wigets) + 1 hour browsing
Can you advise about how much time can it last (gingerbread and ics) ??
6) RAM: 512 mb is not much but I would like to know what does it offer in terms of usage of apps, I mean can I keep running (background: emails, watsapp, viber, facebook inside xperia, facebook messanger, gtalk, dropbox besides wigets) besides browsing or making a skype or gtalk video call with no problems (gingerbread and ics) ??
I hope that you can really help me out as quick as possible and I beleive that can give others a closer look about the phone to help them decide as well.
Thank you in advance
Arjay, 18 Nov 2012Why does Xperia U has a poor quality flash whenever I'll take some pictures most if it's dark.Arjay it seems u haven't remove the protecting cover from camera lens. Remove the back cover and remove the plastic from lens enjoy the nice quality of camera.
mashi(manuka ), 17 Nov 2012Dear Friend,plz reply my Question,Sony X u good r bad?what u think It memory? hey it is very nice mobile having all the features but meamory card slot is missing u can over come it by using usb to the go cable,so hat u can connect pen drive to ur mobile
verry nice phone, but there is a problem:
during a call the screen doesn't lock by itself and you have to lock it by pressing the side key, but sometimes you unlocking the screen by accident and it is very easy to press the "end call" button with your ear. Somebody help please
AnonD-77904, 17 Nov 2012imma getting this phone soon, just want to confirm about this phone can be updated to ice crea... moreys of course dude it's upgradabl to ics..but it bcoms a bit slowr nd laggy...if u r nt a gamer r multi app user thn it wl b fine to ics...
Why does Xperia U has a poor quality flash whenever I'll take some pictures most if it's dark.
AnonD-55262, 18 Nov 2012ICS upgrade via SUS took about 5 minutes to install, then a couple more minutes to "optim... moreOic~ thanks for the fast reply! :D
I'm scared to update it on my own though O.O maybe I should just stick with GB, shouldn't I? I might only regret the lags ICS would bring~ T.T