rs, 21 Apr 2013does xperia u support USB otg cable having pendriveyes it support otg( on the go).
Anonymous, 21 Apr 2013I had this phone for two weeks, dropped it once on a lino floor and it never worked again.so sad.
I am totally confused...whether i should buy this X U or not? please give some one logical comment on the matter. please i am really lost. the real confusion lies on its storage capacity. Does it really big matter??? Pleaseeeeeeeeeee some one reply.
It's been 4 months since I got this phone and I have mixed feelings about its performance. During the initial days, the phone used to be blazing fast and awesome but gradually got sluggish as I installed apps. I always wanted to update my phone to ICS but had to hold back fearing that would only make it much more pathetic than what it is now.
+ves: Sharp display, Responsive touchscreen, Cool UI, Premium looks, Funky illumination bar.
-ves: Sluggish dialer, Random freezes and crashes, Very low available RAM (around 300 MB), Pathetic battery.
The worse thing is, now I can't even make calls properly. It's like whenever I call someone, I get to hear the other person's voice but the other person don't get to hear my voice.
Also, Sony should have put a minimum of 768 MB RAM in this for it to be able to handle JB.
hey Everyone, just a friendly advice, Shutdown/Restart your phone once a day, or turn it off when your going to sleep, phone now a days uses CPU's like computer and laptop that cause to the phone to overheat, they need to be rest to, compare to those classic phone before that doesnt use cpu:)
tl, 20 Apr 2013Go for samsung galaxy advance 1. For big screen 2 for jelly bean(u'll not updated to jb) 3... moreMy friend have Galaxy Ace too, although her phone runs JB an has a bigger screen, i Like my Xu far better, it feels premium than the other, the screen quality, the build quality, and im still running on gingerbread, very smooth, no problem at all, openning a camera for 1.5 seconds. openning a dialer less than a second, same with the message.. i dont see why i would need to update to ICS, and the phone lasted for 2 days. regualr use, surfing, txting, calls, but i dont play that much games in a phone., and have 8 apps installed
WAX, 21 Apr 2013Hello, is it good to use APP Killers? If yes, which one is the best? Thanks, WAXNo , Android managing apps well enough , any solo killer is close your apps & clear your ram , so android keep them running but don't use power , so not affecting your battery , actually when the app killer clear your ram , and you gonna to run an app Android use more processing to run it what is using more power and get the device stuttering , slow it down a bit while lunching app , so don't use any app killer , instead of pressing home key just press back button until app close if you don't need it now
gdg, 20 Apr 2013this phone is not officially upgradable to ICS; wrong info given here. my cousin using it &... morewhich county are you from dude?
go to Sony global site instead of Sony Asia.
or go to Sony India.
xperia u ics is available since last October.
its been a bit update once and the .54 build came out.
now if lucky we might get. 89 update.
check with pc companion or Sony update service software and not from phone
or just google it,
is it good to use APP Killers? If yes, which one is the best?
I had this phone for two weeks, dropped it once on a lino floor and it never worked again.
sush007, 18 Apr 2013Hii all...
can anybody tell me
1. how to delete the cache memory and clear RAM of Xu..??
2.... more1 - I don't know about RAM , but you can clear cash of some apps like browser by menu key , select setting & then you can select clear cash from the list
or you can do this :
setting > applications > manage applications > all
so under this tab you will found all apps , by tabbing any app , you get its details , and there is two buttons one for data , and other for cash , so if you clear data you will lose all of your data about this app , but you can clear cash safely I think .
- Keep in mind that all android phones are power hungry , and you phones battery as I think is a bit small for the phone processor , all you can do about this for any android phone is turning off wifi , bluetooth , GPS when you don't use them
- If you don't use your phone for browsing web , you better use 2 g network instead of 3 g , cause 3 g eats too much power , but if you browsing or watching youtube videos several times , you better leave 3 g connected cause the phone use even more power when switching from 2 g to 3 g or from 3 g to 2 g , other wise you better use wifi instead of packet data for connecting the web
- Set the screen brightness to what just needed for watch it easy & comfortably ( in room light 30 % : 40 % is enough , dark place 15 % or even less , 75 % : 100% for out doors ) .
- Uninstall apps you don't need , keep in mind almost all apps sending & receiving data in background using internet , what eats power too , so instal just what you really need .
- If you don't let Your phone always connected to the web & don't track the latest news , or weather for example ( simple any app that needs to be always connected to web for updating information ) , it is better to turnoff background data ( setting > account & sync > background data )
- It is better to use phones default way for chick your facebook & twitter accounts than access the sites for that , and you can set how you prefer to it updates informations manually or auto & if auto how many times out will update itself .
3 - I don't know what can you do , but I think most todays phones not laud as before , so you can turn the vibration on and leave with it like that .
At the end keep in mind all that you don't get more than few hours more .I hope those tips help you .
hi...cn any 1 tell me about this phone features and batry bckup.....and othe spcl features of ths phn.....plzzz r
gdg, 20 Apr 2013this phone is not officially upgradable to ICS; wrong info given here. my cousin using it &... moreBut when im connected to PC Companion the updates always pop up that an update is available, and it is ICS, but i still not choose to update.