Bought it's a few days ago, free under 2yr contract
All goodness can be seen from spec, the following are the bad/problems I found:
- They didn't stat on website that only 4GB internal storage is actually available.
- Battery seems weak or the power consumption is just too much when screen is on.
- A lot of useless bloatwares.
- 1GB RAM is okay but there isn't much left after startup (only 400MB+ is free). 1.5GB would be better.
- Sony Xperia series cannot play wma or wmv files, which are supported by all other brands. Flac works though.
- SD storage via USB appears to be out-of-sync when I copy files from explorer and move files using command-line on adb-shell at the same. The problem can only be solved by a phone reboot.
- High-speed SD card (10MB/s write) doesn't seem to be fully supported - copying files on SD card via USB is quite slow as compared to PC card reader.
- Where is 4.2 update??
i like the sony xperia v.. But i dont know about battery backup details and 2gg,3g...please tell me battery backup details...thank you.
Battery is extremely poor. Everything else is above average. In my opinion
How is the battery for this phone will it last for someone who travels a lot and which phone will you buy sony xperia vs nokia lumia 720
guys check this out. here's another reason to love xperia V or sony :)
Anonymous, 20 Jun 2013I bought a phone in ebay. It comes with jb out of box. My doubt is this phone already have a s... moreyep it comes with the screen protector. another thing I read that if v remove that screen protector, the Sony logo also peel from the phone(not sure).
sidd, 20 Jun 2013no sod is not at all a problem. after the jellybean updation, it works fine. acro s is outdatedI bought a phone in ebay. It comes with jb out of box. My doubt is this phone already have a screen protector or not. It looks like it is already there in the screen
zhishu, 19 Jun 2013is SOD is still aproblem to xperia v? im planning to buy this or acro s. since i heard about t... moreno sod is not at all a problem. after the jellybean updation, it works fine. acro s is outdated
is SOD is still aproblem to xperia v? im planning to buy this or acro s. since i heard about the sod in v and z i might buy the acro s can someone pls help me
there is dial numbers to refill the battery when the battery is nearly 0%.Do u know the numbers?
Can nyone tell me abt its game battery backup? Plz rply me..
Dis is a suitable phone for games?
xperia, 18 Jun 2013Where can i view the IMEI of my phone? Thanks!just dial *#06#, u will get imei number.
I love the Xperia V. Overall, this is an above average phone to have.
1. No need to be scared of water spills or rain
2. Great pixel density
3. LTE at such a low price
4. New shipments have Jellybean out of the box (as with mine)
5. 13MP camera better than expected.
1. Battery could be better
2. Camera lens placement a little strange, since fingers usually get in the way on horizontal shots
3. Apps can't be installed on memory card unless phone is rooted
I'd freely recommend the V to everyone who can't afford the Z but want LTE and water protection.
AnonD-156581, 18 Jun 2013thanks for opinion.
but plz tell me abouth the 2nd part also.
will this mobile work perfectl... morePhone is splendit, works pretty fine in 2g and 3g mode,(4g not tested as not available in india.:D)
cam quality is above avg, vid rec is awesome,
used its water resistance feat. at its peak while clicking pics in rain-poring weather.
Talking abt heavy applications, Enjoy playing "Real Racing 3" (near abt 1.3gb),works flawless, without any lags.
Battery is a bit pblm, which is all Android bound smart phones..:'(
Thnx to sony's nice choice of Chipset "Qualcom Snapdrag s4 series", it haven't hung since baught.
OTG is really nice, make use of it..:D
More updates coming soon..