achumi, 01 Sep 2017I can't choose between Iphone se and sony xperia x.I like the compact size of se(4inch) but at... moreSimple, iphone had no feature
Iphone se is good but trust me, it's hard to navigate around since you have only the home button, so the navigation button is dependent on apps, the small 4" screen didn't help either, i also like small phone, but 4" is to small, not because it 4", it because every app are know design for screen 5" and above
I can't choose between Iphone se and sony xperia x.I like the compact size of se(4inch) but at a same moment i also like x necause of its front facing stero speaker,remote play to connect on ps.Help me out guys and pls do tell me what features does an iphone se have.
P.S:Never used or touch iphone before :DDDD
Gino76, 31 Aug 2017Was originally gonna get the A5 2017 because of a bigger screen, slightly louder single speake... moreOr, given the fact that XPERIA XZ1 COMPACT is announced, why not u wait for that? It is Water-Proof, and it is the most powerful compact smartphone 4.6" with a SNAPDRAGON 835. Isn't that great?
I'd like to know once & for all about Nougat 7.1.1 enhancements and in particular the camera & others:
1. Is the low-light now better?
2. Is the autofocus now a bit faster?
3. Is the image stabilisation been improved?
4. Is there a screen flash option when taking a selfie?
5. Photo colour accuracy improved?
6. is the screen colour calibration still trending towards the cold/bluish tint or has it been improved?
7. Are the speakers sound output actually became louder? (As I heard from one in Youtube)
8. Apps don't reload when using multitasking?
9. Battery life improved?
10. Is the phone really safe to use in light rain or won't get damaged if it accidentally fell in the sink for 1-2 seconds (keeping in mind some water may enter the ports).
Please advice as I need a phone this weekend. Thanks.
xXENDER FREAKXx, 31 Aug 2017XPERIA X of course. But warning for those getting SAMSUNG mid-end smartphones, the software su... moreWas originally gonna get the A5 2017 because of a bigger screen, slightly louder single speaker than the X (I read), USB Type-C and the waterproofing which will be a big advantage for me. But i still can't shake the fact that it's still on 7.0 (which it should have been upon its release) whilst the X is now on 7.1.1. My main worry for the X is that its not water proof and I fear using it on light rain or accidentaly dunking it in the sink for even 1 second might damage the internals. Or would it not?
JACK, 31 Aug 2017I know this phone is not IP certifed, however any idea if anyone having issues with spash of w... moreI've used it in light drizzle for a few calls and pics, in fact I went to a night market and it was really beautiful so used my phone to capture some amazing pics. All went well without any problems with my X. Haven't tried it under water or something as its not a water resistant phone.
X pros and cons after using it for 6 months:
1. Display: Best display in 1080p group. Even better than 2k screens.(The best about this phone).
2. Camera: one of the best camera available in a smartphone.
3. UI: Xperia UI (Wow you will fall in love when this UI is combined with that beautiful display). No lags. No bugs. No restarts.
Xperia multimedia apps are one of the best.
Can be personalized to a extend and you will love it.
Thought full features really useful.
4. Design and Build Quality: X is a Premium phone. Premium in looks and build. Dedicated camera button in very helpful. Different color Notification light is very useful. lil slippery.
5. Performance: No lag. No issues.
6. Audio: In headphones- Excellent. Call- Good. Loud speaker- Avg.
7. Accessories - Superb earphones(better than i phone earphones), Usb cable and a adapter. Not many provide this.
8. Quality- 10/10.
9. Sony service- Service centers available all over the world.
Very Good Standby Time.
Ultra stamina mode is very useful.
Charges faster than any other smartphone when used fast charger(excluding dash charging phones).
But... the screen on time is average. It drains faster than its competition when used heavy.(with all xperia devies lately). For me battery lasts a day with normal use. Satisfied when not comapring to lenovo or MI mobiles.
2. Camera: Excellent picture quality. One of the best camera available. But... you will feel difficult capturing the exact moment. The first snap u take from ur phone is fast but then when you have to take ur next shot u have to wait for few seconds as the previous image taken being saved.
I know this phone is not IP certifed, however any idea if anyone having issues with spash of water or using phone in drizzling rain
Please advise if anyone expirenced with water issues
Gino76, 30 Aug 2017Thinking about Xperia X which was released second half of 2016 and now with Nougat 7.1.1. And ... moreXPERIA X of course. But warning for those getting SAMSUNG mid-end smartphones, the software support for them is mediocre, there will not be any software updates after 1-2 years. While Sony still supports theirs with frequent Security Update.
Thinking about Xperia X which was released second half of 2016 and now with Nougat 7.1.1. And yet the Galaxy A5 2017 was released early this year but the Nougat 7.0 update only came a few weeks ago.
With these in mind I surmise that Samsung (with a supposed "optimised" software/UX but laiden with bloatware) is still slow in Android updates. Would you guys agree?
And would you rather have an optimised software but an older Android version (A5 2017) or a semi-optimsed software with less bloat but with a newer Android version (Xperia X)?
L0lip0p, 30 Aug 2017From your requirements, just take the A5, X is not suitable for youAnd would you mind elaborating as to why the A5 2017 is the phone for me?
L0lip0p, 28 Aug 2017Did you check the stamina settings, you probably set it to batterylife priority Thanks, the problem was lots of apps running in the background, gosh!!! Finally solved it now the games run butter smooth.
My Messaging app is always not responding, but I have the latest version of software. Has anyone have the same problem with me?
I'm now choosing between the Xperia X and the Galaxy A5 2017. After comparing the two with the most important issues in choosing a next phone (speaker output, display temperature/calibration, SoC/GPU, battery capacity/standby time, water resistance, bigger screen, etc.) I found the latter to be fasr superior apart from the camera (in megapixels, stabilization, shutter speed) and having a newer Nougat 7.1.1 on the X. So what can convince me to get the X than the A5?