Gino76, 03 Sep 2017A 4.6" is too small for me. I'll be saving up for the bigger XZ1 as size is ideal. And specs s... moreOh cool, I am still waiting for the smartphone to be released instead of pre-ordering it
L0lip0p, 02 Sep 2017Battery life, i guess the main point, here my X can hold up to 5.30 hour SOT and barely warm, ... moreI think we can commend Sony for being faster than any other OEMs out there when it comes to updates. But I still think they need to listen to customers as there are still things we don't like. A SOT of 3 hours seem atrocious but would you say 5 hours should be the absolute minimum for SOT to say if the battery life is good enough to last the whole full day?
xXENDER FREAKXx, 01 Sep 2017Or, given the fact that XPERIA XZ1 COMPACT is announced, why not u wait for that? It is Water-... moreA 4.6" is too small for me. I'll be saving up for the bigger XZ1 as size is ideal. And specs seem interesting.
Oren, 02 Sep 2017Is this good to be use for 2017 and above? The only downside i can find it is not usb type cI have just brought it.
It still good because
1. they will get monthly patch and oreo atleast until feb 2018
2. resonable price around 200 US Dollar
3. Quite stable because in market over a year.
4. VS XA1 & XA1 Ultra it still look good because it use SD 650
But the others use MT Helio P20 and don;t forget x uses same model as X performance
so interior h/w quite good.
1. Treshold about heat and camera sensor quite low
compare to my z5 just upadate app for 5 minute
and open camera it warned about temperature but still
could took a shoot but z5 will warn and force shutdown app
2. Some problem from Z5 in Z series Camera apps quite laggy
Use 1-2 sec (circle loading aroud 2-5 rounds) to save pic x is better but compare to 2017 series x uses around 1-1.5 sec ( 1-2 rounds circle loading) but 2017 series
they save within 1 sec ( half round) to save
*save into internal storage
if you are looking for a new phone with reasonable price
and deciding between X or XA1. I recommend x atleast it will get update until feb 2018.
XA1 get confirmed up to oreo but don't guarantee to get monthly patch because the position of this phone that sony appoint.
My brother lives abroad and has bought this phone for me. It'll be in my hands in a few days. I know the phone is awesome yet i'm worried about the battery life. Is there possibly going to be any changes in battery life after the Oreo update?
Is this good to be use for 2017 and above? The only downside i can find it is not usb type c
Gino76, 30 Aug 2017And would you mind elaborating as to why the A5 2017 is the phone for me?Battery life, i guess the main point, here my X can hold up to 5.30 hour SOT and barely warm, provided I'm in a good signal coverage, but moving to my campus, where network coverage is basically rubbish, my SOT drop to 3.15 hour,
Other than that is waterproofing, yes there are youtuber who try to dunk the phone in water and it survive for 5min or so, but it doesn't change the fact that it didn't have ip certf. So the only situation i will trust is rain
But, if the above thing doesn't concern you, just take the X, cause it's guaranteed android O update, and not mention performance is unmatched by samsung A series, not even s7 trust me(except graphic perf. that is)
achumi, 01 Sep 2017I can't choose between Iphone se and sony xperia x.I like the compact size of se(4inch) but at... moreSimple, iphone had no feature
Iphone se is good but trust me, it's hard to navigate around since you have only the home button, so the navigation button is dependent on apps, the small 4" screen didn't help either, i also like small phone, but 4" is to small, not because it 4", it because every app are know design for screen 5" and above
I can't choose between Iphone se and sony xperia x.I like the compact size of se(4inch) but at a same moment i also like x necause of its front facing stero speaker,remote play to connect on ps.Help me out guys and pls do tell me what features does an iphone se have.
P.S:Never used or touch iphone before :DDDD
Gino76, 31 Aug 2017Was originally gonna get the A5 2017 because of a bigger screen, slightly louder single speake... moreOr, given the fact that XPERIA XZ1 COMPACT is announced, why not u wait for that? It is Water-Proof, and it is the most powerful compact smartphone 4.6" with a SNAPDRAGON 835. Isn't that great?
I'd like to know once & for all about Nougat 7.1.1 enhancements and in particular the camera & others:
1. Is the low-light now better?
2. Is the autofocus now a bit faster?
3. Is the image stabilisation been improved?
4. Is there a screen flash option when taking a selfie?
5. Photo colour accuracy improved?
6. is the screen colour calibration still trending towards the cold/bluish tint or has it been improved?
7. Are the speakers sound output actually became louder? (As I heard from one in Youtube)
8. Apps don't reload when using multitasking?
9. Battery life improved?
10. Is the phone really safe to use in light rain or won't get damaged if it accidentally fell in the sink for 1-2 seconds (keeping in mind some water may enter the ports).
Please advice as I need a phone this weekend. Thanks.
xXENDER FREAKXx, 31 Aug 2017XPERIA X of course. But warning for those getting SAMSUNG mid-end smartphones, the software su... moreWas originally gonna get the A5 2017 because of a bigger screen, slightly louder single speaker than the X (I read), USB Type-C and the waterproofing which will be a big advantage for me. But i still can't shake the fact that it's still on 7.0 (which it should have been upon its release) whilst the X is now on 7.1.1. My main worry for the X is that its not water proof and I fear using it on light rain or accidentaly dunking it in the sink for even 1 second might damage the internals. Or would it not?
JACK, 31 Aug 2017I know this phone is not IP certifed, however any idea if anyone having issues with spash of w... moreI've used it in light drizzle for a few calls and pics, in fact I went to a night market and it was really beautiful so used my phone to capture some amazing pics. All went well without any problems with my X. Haven't tried it under water or something as its not a water resistant phone.
X pros and cons after using it for 6 months:
1. Display: Best display in 1080p group. Even better than 2k screens.(The best about this phone).
2. Camera: one of the best camera available in a smartphone.
3. UI: Xperia UI (Wow you will fall in love when this UI is combined with that beautiful display). No lags. No bugs. No restarts.
Xperia multimedia apps are one of the best.
Can be personalized to a extend and you will love it.
Thought full features really useful.
4. Design and Build Quality: X is a Premium phone. Premium in looks and build. Dedicated camera button in very helpful. Different color Notification light is very useful. lil slippery.
5. Performance: No lag. No issues.
6. Audio: In headphones- Excellent. Call- Good. Loud speaker- Avg.
7. Accessories - Superb earphones(better than i phone earphones), Usb cable and a adapter. Not many provide this.
8. Quality- 10/10.
9. Sony service- Service centers available all over the world.
Very Good Standby Time.
Ultra stamina mode is very useful.
Charges faster than any other smartphone when used fast charger(excluding dash charging phones).
But... the screen on time is average. It drains faster than its competition when used heavy.(with all xperia devies lately). For me battery lasts a day with normal use. Satisfied when not comapring to lenovo or MI mobiles.
2. Camera: Excellent picture quality. One of the best camera available. But... you will feel difficult capturing the exact moment. The first snap u take from ur phone is fast but then when you have to take ur next shot u have to wait for few seconds as the previous image taken being saved.
I know this phone is not IP certifed, however any idea if anyone having issues with spash of water or using phone in drizzling rain
Please advise if anyone expirenced with water issues
Gino76, 30 Aug 2017Thinking about Xperia X which was released second half of 2016 and now with Nougat 7.1.1. And ... moreXPERIA X of course. But warning for those getting SAMSUNG mid-end smartphones, the software support for them is mediocre, there will not be any software updates after 1-2 years. While Sony still supports theirs with frequent Security Update.
Thinking about Xperia X which was released second half of 2016 and now with Nougat 7.1.1. And yet the Galaxy A5 2017 was released early this year but the Nougat 7.0 update only came a few weeks ago.
With these in mind I surmise that Samsung (with a supposed "optimised" software/UX but laiden with bloatware) is still slow in Android updates. Would you guys agree?
And would you rather have an optimised software but an older Android version (A5 2017) or a semi-optimsed software with less bloat but with a newer Android version (Xperia X)?
L0lip0p, 30 Aug 2017From your requirements, just take the A5, X is not suitable for youAnd would you mind elaborating as to why the A5 2017 is the phone for me?