Yeap. It's very good. Battery will last (especially if you root and get rid of google/sony/facebook garbage) for 4 days .
Camera is by far better than my previous z3 compact. Fingerprint sensor is very fast and reliable.
What else to ask? That is A solid smartphone from Sony.
mrsyamsul, 06 Sep 2018Another one thing, I'm using LG V30+ and also Google Pixel 2 XL before, Internet quite slow... moreis surf almost 3 times faster then other phone is because the screen resolution 720*1280 consume less data then 1080*1920. my z1 compact download are a lot faster then my z5. thats why I still prefer smaller phone with 720*1280 display.
when someone calls me only their number shows up and not their name.
Jennifer , 30 Mar 2019Awesome performance per price. I got the secondhanded Japanese-version so there are some apps ... moreyou can uninstall that apps, just search on google uninstall system app with cmd
Awesome performance per price. I got the secondhanded Japanese-version so there are some apps I don't use but can't uninstall. Still great tho. The only cons is that the Android system itself takes 11GB from 32GB storage it has.
Tim M, 13 Jan 2019Been running with this phone the past couple years. It's been a darn fine phone up to this day... moreCosts about 35 Â€ to replace the battery - I mean, you will get an original battery & work for this money.
Been using this phone for nearly a year now, it was slightly used when I got it.
Waited a LONG time to upgrade to this as all other compact phones were not so great for the price.
- Fantastic bang for the buck. I got it off Ebay barely used for $200CAD, shipping included.
- Compact but powerful! This is one of the best mid-range phones for people who hate large phones. I can play games on it no issues, the processor and GPU are good enough for games without framerate issues.
- Finally an Xperia with a Gorilla screen. Avoid the Z1 thru Z5 line due to this issue!
- Fantastic camera
- Long battery life
- Notification LED
- Fingerprint sensor works well, only available on NON-USA versions.
- Chassis design from 1999 or something. It's a rectangle with sharp edges. This not only looks a bit dumb, it also concentrates kinetic energy into one spot if you drop it on the corner. BUY A SOFT SILICONE CASE TO ABSORB IMPACTS.
- Notification LED. Whoever programmed this thing was stupid. SMS notification flashes once every 6-8 seconds or something. That's way too long. The flash is incredibly short too. You need to stare at your phone on the desk for up to 8 sec to see if you got any messages without checking yourself. My old MotoG was much better at this with a brighter, slightly slower flash every few secs (3secs?). I still haven't adjusted to it because it sucks.
- Notification LED is way too bright while charging. This is nit picking,but still. In a dark room it's bright AF.
- Vibration is slightly weak. I miss texts sometimes due to this.
- Speakers. As others have stated it's a bit low. I think you can boost this in settings but still.
- Internal battery, not sure if it's even possible to change.
- Battery drains fast if gaming, but that's a given, likely similar across all phones.
Overall a 8/10 for me, fantastic bang for the buck 'mid-high end' phone with no issues up until now. I hope Sony keeps up the compact line!
Is this phone can instal gcam mod with portrait mode? Which OS that support gcam with portrait mode? MM, N, or O?
'had the phone since December 2016, i must say that my previous Z3Compact felt better but the X Compact is not disappointing in anyway.
The battery lasts long, takes super fine pictures and does not overheat like the Z3 Compact.
Sony should never discontinue the COMPACT versions...
HenryG, 05 Feb 2019this is possibly the worst phone i've ever seen. the phone is so slow that i have fallen aslee... moreYou are either talking about a different phone here or your X Compact has some very serious issues as mine is super fast with Oreo! Or are you just a internet troll? No offense, mate :)
this is possibly the worst phone i've ever seen. the phone is so slow that i have fallen asleep while waiting for it to do something. the charging port and headphone jack both broke after two months of use. do not waste your money on this garbage.
after 20 months (i'm on Oreo)
- still reliable
- no lags
- 5-6 hrs screen time
- low stereo speaker audio, but it's ok indoor
Tim M, 13 Jan 2019Been running with this phone the past couple years. It's been a darn fine phone up to this day... moreim like you and couldnt find any phone similar to it and eagerly waiting for sharp r2 compqct. thats only phone which can replace my x compact
Been running with this phone the past couple years. It's been a darn fine phone up to this day. My only complaint that the speakers don't get very loud and I can't replace the aging battery. Now having a hard time finding such a solid device with a sub-5" screen. Keep the Compact line alive, Sony!