Anonymous, 12 Sep 2016Best compact performance and Quality cell on market. I agree, there is no other choice for fans of small form factor devices. No mid range (SD650 level) devices are as compact as X Compact; sony wins by default. I think I'll be getting the white colour once it becomes available locally. I like the design and materials used.
Anonymous, 12 Sep 2016Why did you give up putting flagship specs in the compact, Sony? And why such thick chin? Th... moreThey didn't give up. This is not their next compact flagship phone. Why does no one actually read the articles and press release. Sony clearly said this is a compact mid-range version for the X series, not the "new Z5 compact"!
Anonymous, 12 Sep 2016Why did you give up putting flagship specs in the compact, Sony? And why such thick chin? Th... moreDude, why you so many people only focusing on numbers, try it then complain, you want snapdragon 820 for better performance for example, did you try it with snapdragon 650, or you people want 4-6 gb of ram, well, if you are a sony boy then you should know that sony doesn't need more than 3 gb of ram, do you want to pay additional 100-150-200 $ just for additional numbers???
Why did you give up putting flagship specs in the compact, Sony? And why such thick chin? The side bezels can be slimmer like the XA
Help for sony.
I would advice sony to reduce end bezels,work on thinner gadgets as its easy to use and not bulky.
Praise for sony.
Specs are the best
Why I'll never buy another Sony phone
This is by far the worst phone I have ever owned. I bought this because it was the only phone on the market(in the US) the size I wanted, and with wireless charging, would have gotten the z5c if it had this. Charging ports are always a weakness so I wanted to avoid that on a more expensive device if I could. The big issues with this phone:
1. The build quality and materials are subpar for the job. The back panel was a clear and obvious engineering fail. How they could possibly think the material they used was up to the task is beyond me. The phone also has way way too much flex, which is part of why the glass cracks so easily.
2. The lollipop release for the phone was terrible, and caused significant battery drain. This you can solve by flashing back to kitkat, which is what I did. Marshmallow is not proving to be any different from what I've seen on the web thus far.
3. The microphone firmware has significant issues, it will not function correctly when making/taking a call. I have tried reinstalling firmware and all other suggestions on the web, none of which work to resolve the issue. This essentially makes this phone, unusable as a phone, unless you can always have it on speaker, in which case the mic works fine.
4. The auto mode for the camera is complete garbage, using manual mode resolves most of the issues for the camera, but switching between video and picture is poorly implemented.
5. The back light bleed at the top of screen is super annoying, this isn't an issue if you always keep the phone perpendicular to your face, but if you angle it away from you it is super visible, there's a perfectly white strip and it just makes the phone look cheap and again poorly engineered.
6. The signal indicator is another firmware fail, it often shows very weak signal when in fact you have excellent signal, this isn't a big issue, but is an annoyance.
7. After the first drop on the floor, with a case and tempered glass screen protector the touch screen cracked, and ceased to work.
Sony builds some great looking phones, with impressive specs in their compact lines, but the quality of materials and manufacturing is not good. If your product is designed for mobile use, it should be built to withstand the normal circumstances it would encounter in a mobile work environment. Sadly this is not the case.
If you do a google search for any of these issues you can find repeated postings of most of the issues I encountered from other users. You can also find them within reviews of the z3c on this site.
There's a youtube channel called "Tech Trinkets", the guy made comparison with the Z5 compact and this is better in everything, speed, browsing, multitasking and camera (especially low lights), so other than 4k and waterproofing, this phone is an upgrade over the Z5 compact. There's also another comparison vs the iphone 6s, it's a year old but still more expensive and it did very well against it.
Brilliant Phone. If you hated waterproof phones - Its great this is no longer waterproof. The compact also got thicker and taller for the same screen size. A great improvement for those of us who like big and thick phones with small screens. Will be placing my order for a new X Compact today....... NOT!!!!!!
Tann Hauser, 11 Sep 2016I wouldnt quite do that so quickly. Smart cleaners intention is to learn your user habits. Gi... morewe could definitely try that one too and i wouldnt be opening 6+ apps at the same time
Anonymous, 11 Sep 2016to those who bought this device, if you are facing reloading of apps often, disable smart cleaner I wouldnt quite do that so quickly. Smart cleaners intention is to learn your user habits.
Give it some time to learn, I suppose after some time it keeps apps you use more often in cache without reload ;-)
[deleted post]So Long and boring TROLL:)
Though you try to post fake story....Z3C users don't control their laughter..
The every bit of your post is False..
The truth?? Turn opposite this fake....
AnonD-562340, 11 Sep 2016My experience with Z3C: 1. Perfect until now, since 14 months. 2. Thanks Sony.The same story you will always and a lot find it in sony pages, "i had xperia z1,z2,z3,.........from 2,3 years and still awesome until now" sony is a beast, but sadly people needs a very long time to recognize this.
[deleted post]Thanks for sharing your experience.
Salesman always brag about quality. So, It always good to have real user share their experience.
Rossy, 10 Sep 2016I've had the huge phablet Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo for 2 years and I want a smaller phone. I ... moreHello rossy, the qualcomm 650 is the best midrange chipset ever, although the 820 has double performance of this one, but the 650 is already excellent, and with very low power consumption, and low power consumption obviously means less overheat.
to those who bought this device, if you are facing reloading of apps often, disable smart cleaner