Anonymous, 12 Mar 2016The only thing that will bring money to Sony mobile division now is their camera sensors.
I... moreOne serious question for you...
Would you buy any other branded flagship phone over its predecestors, considering the price...
Lg G5 over LG G2
S7 over S5
Iphone 7 over Iphone 5
Of course not, so dont be as dense on the subject
If I had cash on my hands yes Id buy X perform
But I dont, so yes Id buy Z2 for that price, its still a superb phone in my book,
as much as are S5, G2, iphone 5 etc, only good phones
Anonymous, 11 Mar 2016Absolutely true. 3GB ram is enough for Sony's superb ui. But 4GB ram is not enough for laggy t... moreBut be careful though, because Apple will soon catch Sony in RAM.
Apple already surpassed Sony in 4K recording.
This would be very embarrassing for Sony to have inferior specsheet to Apple.
ICE, 11 Mar 2016With the Z series now officially discontinued (manufacturing has stopped), what will bring in ... moreThe only thing that will bring money to Sony mobile division now is their camera sensors.
I hate too see the price of this phone when its released. (I'm guessing somewhere in the ballpark of 600 euros, $885 AUD)
One serious question for the Sony fanboys.
Would you really buy Xperia X Performance over a Z2, which can be bought unlocked, off contract for as little as 300 euros now?
mtaher, 12 Mar 2016Cant agree more ... coming from a former Samsung customerYou are agree or not it is your problem. But Samsung sucks with its laggy touchwiz. Also don't suggest Samsung phones. This is Sony page dude.
ARITOR, 11 Mar 20163 gb ram is enough. This is not samsung which needs more ram to run its slow UI.Cant agree more ... coming from a former Samsung customer
ARITOR, 11 Mar 20163 gb ram is enough. This is not samsung which needs more ram to run its slow UI.Absolutely true. 3GB ram is enough for Sony's superb ui. But 4GB ram is not enough for laggy touchwiz. Samsung sucks.
Tann Hauser, 09 Mar 2016Your opinion is flawed if you tend to compare with samsung. On that yes, most here agree.Sony best tv best smartphone
Deepfreeze, 11 Mar 2016Still 3 gb ram! Wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf! A... more3 gb ram is enough. This is not samsung which needs more ram to run its slow UI.
ICE, 11 Mar 2016With the Z series now officially discontinued (manufacturing has stopped), what will bring in ... moreAll real fans surely agree. Those who say there is nothing wrong with sony are fake. They are either marketr or stu**d fans.
All what he said in petition is right, to make sony rise again is easy and cheap, they have resources, techs, they only need to spend bigger money for research, recruiting the best engineers.
Its easy an cheap but it wont happen if they only focuses on cost cutting. So the first step is kick Kazuo out bcz cost cutting is his policy.
Still 3 gb ram! Wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf! Are you wreck! Close your company ! Tho all cameras will the worst cause its you who gives the sensor!just open your eye ! I agree with about not to go 1440p screen! But ram ! You need go further ! Do like fellows wants ! Upgrade ram ! Better design ! Better camera! Increase battery while incresing thick ness if the phone and forget the ones who say that ur phones is thick! Hopefully your next flagship will included ! But not ncessary all ! But just make it better!
With the Z series now officially discontinued (manufacturing has stopped), what will bring in the money for Sony in the mobile market to carry them until the release of another device come September/October (maybe)? The X series? Seriously? With their already shrinking market share, the future is looking grim.
X performance ... could be interesting but lets wait and see the price levels
Wake up! What are you doing?! You were once the King of the Tech World and now... you seem lost. This petition is focused in your current Smartphone business. We, your users and fans want you to wake up and rise again. YouÂ’ll see that itÂ’s not that difficult because thereÂ’s a lot of blatantly obvious things (most of them easy, cheap and profitable!) that could be done in order to strengthen your mobile business.
You're a giant. Apple? Samsung? You are the only other company capable of reaching (and even surpass!) these two. How?
Listen to your costumers (and fans!): For example, take a closer look at your Xperia line. Your Z series is fabulous. The name is there, the hype already exists... keep it going! Just make it even better! More Premium! Samsung is not goint to ditch their flagship Galaxy S line. Why should you?
We want a Z6 at IFA (Mini (720p 4'), Compact (1080p 4.6'-5'), Regular (4K 5'-5.5') and Ultra (4K 6' - 6.4') ALL PREMIUM, full steel body, or steel and glass, with the same internals, same camera, processor, tech, etc)! And next year? We want a Z7! And so on!
The X line? Cool. Make them your anual MWC line. But less models, please.
Focus in the ULTRA PREMIUM segment. Focus in less models but better ones. And spare no expense. Always.
After all, it's quite easy! Look:
- Faster software upgrades! Be the first! Your users will love it! And instead of switching to a OnePlus or a Huawei in the future, they'll keep coming for more!
- Increase the functionalities of your past flagships with these new updates! New software tricks? Add them to your old Z phones! Again, your users will love it (and will remain loyal)! Example: Predictive Hybrid Autofocus. If the X has it, why can't the Z5? Or even the Z3? Do this!
- Fix the goddamn camera software! Your Z line has absolutely top cameras but your software, after 3 years, still has the same negative points... Invest time in this! Fix it! You are SONY!
- Bring RAW support to your camera! You are SONY! Be serious about photography.
- Look at your Marshmallow Android Concept! Almost perfect! Use it! Make it your Official Android version (obviously with a few brilliant SONY-exclusive additions like STAMINA and Ultra STAMINA mode, or some important add-ons like screen recording, reboot option, etc) BUT keep crap minimal (or optional!)
- Ultra fast UI experience! Don't settle for good, demand great!
- Bring Marshmallow's ADOPTABLE STORAGE! This allows the use of a SD card as internal storage! The others donÂ’t do it, why would SONY do the same? This is very important! Even if this is hidden as a developer option, not everyone is a tech-ignorant! Respect your users!
- Support your phones for longer! Android N? O? P? Don't be the same as the others. Be like Apple, supporting phones from 5 years ago. Or... Be better than Apple! Support your old phones for longer than Apple (while keeping the top performance, this is vital!) Example? Bring Marshmallow to the entire Z line! As once you promised! Both the Xperia Z and Xperia Z1 should get it.
- Wow! Don't forget the wow factor! Aim for the top. Example: the year is 2016. The others are aiming at 4GB of RAM in their flagships. What will SONY do? Stuck a couple more of RAM in your phones, obviously! 6GB! Let the others in the dust. Be the trend setter. The Z5 Premium was cool. But those 3GB of RAM were disappointing, to say the least. Don't forget the wow factor. Never. And It's actually so easy... Remember Xenon flashes? Bring them back! Optical zoom! Hell yes! Multiple cameras (another good example: the year is 2016. The others will bring two cameras in the back of their flagships. What will SONY do? Add three cameras! Or more! Multiple focal lengths, Infrared/Thermal, Night Vision, I2, you name it! The sky is the limit!) Glasses-Free 3D 4K OLED screen? Bring it. Now! Be always one or two steps ahead. Make your Xperias deserve their expensive price. And thinness? Anything sub 9 mm is cool, relax with that s*it. The thing is, if your phones are really the best, there will be no way around it. And if the user experience is flawless, as I said before, the users will come back, and remain loyal.
- Camera app? Name it Â“CybershotÂ”. Make it.
- Walkman app? We want it back (and better! Always better!) You are SONY! DonÂ’t forget that! You have the heritage! Why would you ignore that and make a boring Â“MusicÂ” app just like the others? ArenÂ’t you different? ArenÂ’t you more? When you do so, youÂ’re doing the same as HTC or Huawei, with their (obviously very respectable) music apps. The thing is, you have more history and assets than them in some areas. Make them useful for you.
- Near stock android with small, but interesting additions, like OnePlus does with their OxygenOS 2. Examples? Dark mode (always-on or automatic), accent color selection (with hex color picker), stock notification bar icons! Look at those shots of the OnePlus X UI: simple, clean and, above all: customizable!
- Twilight app integration (like f.lux)!
- Intelligent assistant. This a big one. You seem to have noticed this with your Xperia Ear and Xperia Agent prototype. Well, follow that path but don't forget to make it customizable, thatÂ’s the first and most important thing. If I want to call it Â“AlfredÂ”, I can. JARVIS? HAL? ItÂ’s my decision. My house, my car, my phone, my life. Why would I want to say Â“OK GoogleÂ” in the shower? lol, no. I name it. ItÂ’s my life. With SONY always with me. Now and in the future. ItÂ’s your decision to make it happen. The IoT will be huge in 5 years. And you might have a huge part of it, if you want. There are so many ultra-obvious-things you could do in order to win this game. An example? Voices. Get Arnold Schwarzenegger. IÂ’d love to have my little Terminator always around. Get Paul Bettany. JARVIS. Are you listening?! Just imagine! A JARVIS everywhere! ThereÂ’s no way to ignore the power that cinema and pop culture have in these types of decisions. We all want to escape reality for some moments. If the opportunity is hereÂ… DonÂ’t miss it.
- Your design team is amazing! Keep it up! But please, try to minimize your bezels the maximum possible. Attention! Not remove them! They're actually useful. But try to increase the body-to-screen ratio. The original Z is now one of the most compact 5' phones ever. And the Xperia ZL? What a dream... Omnibalance with small bezels is amazing and should be refined even more. BUT don't remove the stereo speakers and waterproof capabilities (actually, improve them even more! Those youtube comments of Z phones dying after a pool shot are... sad, to say the least, considering your advertising... make the waterproofing military grade!) And regarding your design language, Omnibalance is beautiful. Keep the premium materials - or improve them even more, like better aluminium, or titanium, or steel, etc... And better, more durable glass! Metal and glass is always a classy combination. You can't go wrong with that. The only possible viable alternative might be a full omnibalance metal body or a metal back, but even that is not certain - but, please, most people don't notice these details but, ever since the first Xperia Z, none of them has actually been really perfectly symmetric regarding the vertical screen position in the body of the phone. Sometimes by a small distance... but the eye notices. The iPhones manage to be symmetric. Why can't you? Especially, since Omnibalance should be all about symmetry. Also, why donÂ’t you evolve your Omnibalance in a way that mixes it with your other supremely beautiful (and ergonomic) design language: the Arc design. Imagine: the Xperia Z7, a perfectly symmetric Omnibalance Arc design, featuring powerful stereo speakers and with military grade waterproof. SONY! Wake up.
- Smartband Talk 2! With a heartbeat sensor! An even sleeker design! And custom ringtones! Again, pop culture! If I want to have the Power RangersÂ’ communicator beep, why shouldnÂ’t I? Again, options, options, options! Customization! How difficult could that be?
- And last: get your amazing smartphones in the USA! With huge, gigantic carrier support and a wide variety of payment options (leasing, etc)!
In summary: Less is more. Less smartphones with less internal differences but faster and better software maintenance and upgrades. Less models and all in the ultra premium segment, with ultra advanced specs. Be always ahead of the others, not following.
The Sony Xperia Z line as the absolute best of SONY (and consequently the best in the market), ultra-advanced, military grade waterproof, premium, metallic, sleek business oriented. The X line as a way to answer to the Japanese market requirements (and as the cool younger brother of the Z line, more loosely designed, active youth-oriented, feel free to make some experiments also, strange tech, etc) but focus mainly in your Z line. Be more like Apple in this department. Less is more.
Your fans and loyal customers.
Sony phones are premium quality and you can't compare with laggy crap worst Samsung phones. Samsung fans don't troll here. This is Sony page dude.
Avan Dr, 10 Mar 2016Nah, not speculation. Its basic design 'knowledge.
- They call it metal back, it means its on... moreDo you have SONY XPerformance in your hand??:)
Small battery?SONY proclaim 2 days of battery for Xperformance...
READ it in SONY OFFICAL XPerformance site....
Plastic?? There is no phone that does not have plastic inside or outside...
Incredible camera with 23 mp rear cam and special selfie cam
New Qunovo battery tech
Innovative side mounted Fingerprint sensor
Adequate bezel for durability (thinner bezel does not mean better phone)
Faster launch in camera and apps and smoothest performance (See it youtube video)
New UI and icon with latest android 6.0
I say again Stop your hairsplitting speulations as my following post......
Also your mindset is suitable for samsung marketing pages:)
Exaggraing is a form of lying:)