khizee, 05 Sep 2016Some guys r saying battery life not good but some r saying battery life is good enough... Don'... moreEven if you aren't using it, the battery drains 1% for every 10 - 12 mins in standby mode. The design is excellent, the camera is above average. If the battery performs well then it's worthy for the price.
My kind suggestion is, wait for an update before buying this phone.
,,, 06 Sep 2016the problem is if you aren't using the sony quickcharger. it will prolong the time of charging... moreIt overheats when you're using it for more than 30 mins w/ data connection. On that part almost all phones overheats so I can't justify if it's a lot or just normal. I tried playing pokemon go. With GPS on, I played for less than 2 hours then the battery drains
jockic, 05 Sep 2016Perhaps a Powerbank will help?the problem is if you aren't using the sony quickcharger. it will prolong the time of charging. It took me more than 4 hours to fully charge my xa with using mi powerbank. Maybe sony manufactured powerbank will do..
I am planning on buying this phone. But can this xperia xa handle pokemon go without any compromises? Like lagging, or overheating, or throttling? Who among you have tried playing pokemon go on this device?
Here is my view on Xperia X which I bought a few days ago - happy with my choice so far. *I was also considering HTC One A9 & HTC One M9 Prime Camera.
1. Xperia XA is probably the smallest (in size) 5 inch smartphone + one of the lightest: a big advantage for people who don't like bulky phones - easy to handle in 1 hand
2. Comparing 5" XA to 5.5" One Plus 2 & Moto G4 Plus doesn't make sense to me, unless you don't care about phone size..
3. XA Display looks pretty decent to me, even though its 720p. Compared to1020p on HTC One A9, I couldn't really see that much difference (I'm not that fuzzy). *Also, 1080p displays consumes more energy (battery would last even shorter...)
4. Design of XA is great too, but that's might be subjective... for me definitely one of the slickest mobiles on the market
5. Vibrations on Xperia XA are great, like on any other Xperia phone.
6. Camera takes great pictures in good light & very average in poor light conditions (good UI & manual options, though you need to spend some time to explore them to take even better pics).
7. Voice is perfectly clear during calls
8. Speaker volume is ok/Average, could have been a little louder, though you can adjust it in the EQUALIZER settings of Music player to get more out of it.
9. XA supports quick charge, but quick charger is not the default charger provided by Sony...
10. Positive surprise on the Anti Scratch Screen - Though XA still doesn't have Gorilla Glass, the screen is decent & no screen protector is required - tried scratching the display model in a store with my keys :D - no marks left
11. Front camera is 8MPix camera, but it's not very impressive...
11. BATTERY IS POOR, will only last 1 day with average use (though you have 2 energy saving modes - stamina & ultra stamina). Ready somewhere else that the battery will not worn out easily due to the way i was built, so... you don't have to worry its performance will decrease over time.
12. Double tap doesn't wake up the phone (worked in Z3 model)
13. Though not as slippery as Z3 (made of glass), XA is also not made of rubber so... can also slip out of your hands...﻿
Which is best
2-one plus X
3-one plus 1
7-Redmi note 3
8-Moto X play
jockic, 05 Sep 2016Perhaps a Powerbank will help?Battery depends on how we use, if u play games for 2 hours and use Internet for hours thn phone can't last more the 5 hrs, I can drain 3000 mah battery in just 4-5 hrs uses.
So its depends on use
Does anybody who have this phone use VSCO app and edit their photos in that app? What are the opinions on that? :) Thanksss
Some guys r saying battery life not good but some r saying battery life is good enough... Don't knw wt to do :-(
khiz, 05 Sep 2016Which one best galaxy a5(2016) or opera xa. any one plz explain me..A5 2016 is better
Anonymous, 05 Sep 2016If u can consume 2300 mah battery in just 3-4 hours,
It means u are a really havey user, it ... moreWe aren't playing games, Just social media, texting and stand by. The battery decreases at the rates that I have said earlier. The thing is we bought this device for the main reason that sony claims "2 day battery life". Yeah, regarding the camera, screen resolution and design. This may be the best selfie phone availble in it's price range. But the thing is no matter how good your camera is. If your battery can't sustain it. It's nothing! Because phones aren't used for taking pictures all day. It is meant to receive calls and or text and some social media for a day.
We are posting in this page to inform the users that if they get this phone. Then this is what they paid for. We aren't sony haters nor any other brand fan guys. Because the top brands doesn't need us to dominate.
For those who are saying camera is bad, worst and bla bla bla....
Sony has been captured more thn 60 % market of mobile camera sensor.
Brand like Samsung, htc,iPhone motorola Lennovo and some other brand use sony xmor camera sensor in its mobile, even Samsung use xmor camera sensor on its flagship devices.
I agree apart from camera sensor image processing software plays vital role in taking good pics, but sony is not new in camera section they can produce good images.
Xperia xa use Imx 258
While moto g4 use older version of Imx sensor.
For Samsung fan boy I am giving a link go there and compare low light camera quality of xa with galaxy a5 2016, a9 2016
Xa camera pic is much clear and better thn both devices in low light.
Sony is not for stupid and fools, who don't know what sony is capable actually, sony is providing camera sensors for whole mobile industry and people saying worse camera.
I can't comment about battery life but u can't give 1 star to xa just because poor battery life.
This is the link u cans search xperia xa on this site she low light camera sample thn search for a5 or a9 save camera sample and thn compare, colors of producing image are not oversaturated like Samsung and does not have yellow tint like Samsung a9 2016 and also much clear.
So open ur eyes and select the appropriate device for u.
.., 05 Sep 2016I've got mine for 3hrs 18 mins normal use. 5 hrs 28 minsin stamina mode. Daily use (w/o call... moreIf u can consume 2300 mah battery in just 3-4 hours,
It means u are a really havey user, it means you playing games continuesly on ur device u are not using ur device as a mobile phone.
Continues uses of games and intrernet is only way to drain your battery in just 3-4 hours. So plz don't blame sony. Use your device like a mobile phone not like a full time entertainer.
loyd, 04 Sep 20163 to 4 hours? and only 5 hours for standby mode? wat a crap!!!! check ur phone coz it might be... moreI've got mine for 3hrs 18 mins normal use. 5 hrs 28 minsin stamina mode. Daily use (w/o call). The battery decreases for 1 percent for every 10 - 12 mins on stand by mode with sim card.
If you got your phone at 8 am fully charged then at 10 pm it's 38%. So we can say that for 14 hrs = 840 mins. from 8 to 12 it decreases 72% of its battery.
via computation, 840/72 = 11.66, so your phone is losing 1 percent for every 11.66 mins,
therefore you are experiencing same battery decrease rates with us. so don't say they are crap. Dude, you aren't using your phone.
If you are saying that xa is great. Maybe you have a lower level of satisfaction compared to normal users.
Yep it can last for 14 hours with 38% left. If you are in stand by mode. mehehe