pintu1991, 24 Jul 2017My audio jack isint working. Is there any other settings that I need to do.? Me too bro
Pintu1991, 22 Jul 2017Am not a heavy gamer. Just play sometimes. That too games like hayday and candy crush. I use F... moreno mine crashed in 14 days. and they say no fault but I have video of the issues and IMEI
Just using this phone for half a year, so far only problem is battery drainage an phone getting hot, now recently this phone seems cannot detect my network coverage sometimes, and if rebooting the phone, my sims cannot detected at all and IMEI is null for some time. wew
Ali Bashir., 22 Jul 2017According to GSMArena statistics this is the top selling sony smartphone. I bought a sony XA at sportscene within a space of 2days it was not working, sony refuse giving me a new phone, my rights as a customer are being forgotten
My audio jack isint working. Is there any other settings that I need to do.?
Xperia123, 23 Jul 2017By full charging cycles, do you mean draining it to 0 percent each time and then charging it t... moreAs far as I know, the first 10 charging cycles after buying the device. I also read somewhere that charging from 0% - 100% may degrade the battery, so I assume it was from 15% - 100%. It is just an approximation, so if you have the device for a few weeks now, you may already have the full battery capacity.
Anonymous, 23 Jul 2017You may want to compare your old phone with XA first. XA's main shortcoming is the battery lif... moreBy full charging cycles, do you mean draining it to 0 percent each time and then charging it to 100, or is it acceptable to drain it close to 20 before charging again?
Pintu1991, 22 Jul 2017Am not a heavy gamer. Just play sometimes. That too games like hayday and candy crush. I use F... moreYou may want to compare your old phone with XA first. XA's main shortcoming is the battery life, but the battery endurance was improved by each update. By your usage pattern you'll likely get 3.5-5 hours screen on time with the latest version.
XA has Gorilla Glass 4 as confirmed in the sony support forum. Source: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XA-XA-Ultra/Xperia-XA-Front-Display-Glass/td-p/1214042.
XA also supports fast charging (MediaTek's Pump Express) using Sony's UCH12 charger which is NOT BUNDLED WITH THE DEVICE. It is sold separately, but I DON'T RECOMMEND BUYING IT because it will only boost charging by 20%. The standard charger with the device is enough. It takes about 2.5 hours to charge the device to full since it has Qnovo tech that will extend your battery shelf life up to 2 times than regular batteries.
Just some reminders:
- If you buy the device, it is normal for the phone to drain like crazy. My phone was at 46% and drained to 15% in a short time.
- Charge the phone to full, and LET IT UPDATE. It will take data and time to update it. Updating the device will fix the bug that drains battery, improve battery life and upgrade your Android version to nougat.
- It will take about 10 full charging cycles to experience the full battery capacity.
- If you still experience battery drain or other problems, please contact your Local Support immediately.
Am not a heavy gamer. Just play sometimes. That too games like hayday and candy crush. I use Facebook and whatsaap messengers. Should I go for it? And does it have gorilla glass and fast charging? Pls help.
According to GSMArena statistics this is the top selling sony smartphone.
I am facing a problem with sony xa,when I talk both with headphone or without headphone its randomly turns to loud speker frequently...can anyone give me a solution???
HDR mode in camera is not working after nougat, it was working fine in MM, it doesn't make any difference if turned on or off. Fireworks mode (scene mode) is not working the way it was. Pictures turn out overexposed when taken in daylight. Shutter speed at 1 second produces white pictures at daylight, you can't control shutter speed when hdr is turned on. These are the issues that I'm facing after nougat update, is anyone facing the same?
Miot, 22 Jul 2017Easily one of the worst phones I have owned and thats a big disappointment for a Sony fan. Eve... moreSo sorry to hear that. My battery lasts easily one day, even day and half (without using stamina mode!). Recently I started using airplane mode which gives me more hours (1% during night). I use it for browsing, viber, instagram and music. I have it like three months and I'm very satisfied, no issues. This phone is beast for its price. Don't expect flagship specifications for a 180Â€ phone.
Easily one of the worst phones I have owned and thats a big disappointment for a Sony fan. Even with minimal usage i.e few phone calls a day and connected to Wifi the battery lasts a few hours. Within a few days, the call volume was very feeble and callers started getting irritated that they couldn`t hear me even with full volume. The speaker went bust within a few weeks. I just threw away the crap in few months.
Anonymous, 20 Jul 2017Honestly, just based on their specs, Xiaomi and Lenovo gives "more," while XA is more like "le... moreThank you and Lence for reply. Your reply really helped me. Don't get me wrong, I love my Lenovo, just the overheating worries me. The reason why I choose it, was the battery. When I have had busy month at work and went on mobile just to call, turned it off at night and morning alarm, in a saving mode it lasted me 2 weeks. If the XA would last me 2 days by lowered brightness, few calls and some net browsing I would definitely choose XA. Now I charge once or twice a week and I have wi-fi on few hours a day, but it is because now I have too much free time. I don't play any games on mobile, I don't even have there any. I have had the redmi note 4 in my hands, but the size wasn't for me really "comfortable". But on the size you can get used to it and except the size, everything was great. The reasons why I like the XA are definitely the camera and design. I can order XA for 150Â€ and XA1 for 260Â€, so I would rather go for that XA, I don't need much from mobile.
I got xperia xa ultra always annoying me for update, once you open it then you see it in notification update everyday same like this, this is bullshit sony, wtf are doing?
LenovoA5000, 20 Jul 2017Hello which would you recommend me? I can not decide. Xperia XA vs Xiaomi Redmi note 4 vs Leno... moreHonestly, just based on their specs, Xiaomi and Lenovo gives "more," while XA is more like "less is more." If you want a Sony phone, you may also consider the newer XA1 since it has better battery endurance.
Because this is a page for XA, here are my reasons NOT to choose XA:
- Battery capacity is not made for intense gaming, and you might have to turn on STAMINA mode and/or airplane mode to extend your battery life to 5 hours SoT.
- YouTube's audio is on the quiet side. You need earphones sometimes.
- If you aggresively hate plastic on phones.
- XA has a 720p display, while the other two phones you stated have 1080p displays. (XA's display is a two-edged sword, trust me).
- XA uses a MediaTek processor so if you prefer a Snapdragon processor, XA is not the phone for you.
- XA's lower chin is blank.
Now, here are my reasons why you should choose XA:
- Design. XA is one of the best looking Sony phone. You got bezelless sides and it does not look like a cheap generic phone. Sony phones are uniquely designed unlike other brands that look like (you know what brands). My friends thought it was a premium device lol. And XA has gorilla glass 4 (Source: Sony support forum).
- Display and Performance. The 720p display is enough for me. Super-vivid mode makes the images and videos saturated. The 720p display and processor combination makes this phone super fast and fluid.
- Camera. Under daylight, it is one of the best cameras in the midrange segment. The new manual controls in Nougat version (Shutter speed and manual focus) improves Lowlight and macro shots.
LenovoA5000, 20 Jul 2017Hello which would you recommend me? I can not decide. Xperia XA vs Xiaomi Redmi note 4 vs Leno... moreRedmi Note 4, i would go for it... XA is just usual, casual, good looking phone, nothing more that. If you need simple, elegant phone, to fulfil your simple day tasks, XA. If you want to game or multimedia, go for Redmi Note 4.
Hello which would you recommend me? I can not decide. Xperia XA vs Xiaomi Redmi note 4 vs Lenovo k6 power. By Xa I am worried a little about the battery. By note 4 the size. I have a5000 but after 2 years of using it is overheating by charging so I am looking for something new. Your opinions?