HDR mode in camera is not working after nougat, it was working fine in MM, it doesn't make any difference if turned on or off. Fireworks mode (scene mode) is not working the way it was. Pictures turn out overexposed when taken in daylight. Shutter speed at 1 second produces white pictures at daylight, you can't control shutter speed when hdr is turned on. These are the issues that I'm facing after nougat update, is anyone facing the same?
Miot, 22 Jul 2017Easily one of the worst phones I have owned and thats a big disappointment for a Sony fan. Eve... moreSo sorry to hear that. My battery lasts easily one day, even day and half (without using stamina mode!). Recently I started using airplane mode which gives me more hours (1% during night). I use it for browsing, viber, instagram and music. I have it like three months and I'm very satisfied, no issues. This phone is beast for its price. Don't expect flagship specifications for a 180Â€ phone.
Easily one of the worst phones I have owned and thats a big disappointment for a Sony fan. Even with minimal usage i.e few phone calls a day and connected to Wifi the battery lasts a few hours. Within a few days, the call volume was very feeble and callers started getting irritated that they couldn`t hear me even with full volume. The speaker went bust within a few weeks. I just threw away the crap in few months.
Anonymous, 20 Jul 2017Honestly, just based on their specs, Xiaomi and Lenovo gives "more," while XA is more like "le... moreThank you and Lence for reply. Your reply really helped me. Don't get me wrong, I love my Lenovo, just the overheating worries me. The reason why I choose it, was the battery. When I have had busy month at work and went on mobile just to call, turned it off at night and morning alarm, in a saving mode it lasted me 2 weeks. If the XA would last me 2 days by lowered brightness, few calls and some net browsing I would definitely choose XA. Now I charge once or twice a week and I have wi-fi on few hours a day, but it is because now I have too much free time. I don't play any games on mobile, I don't even have there any. I have had the redmi note 4 in my hands, but the size wasn't for me really "comfortable". But on the size you can get used to it and except the size, everything was great. The reasons why I like the XA are definitely the camera and design. I can order XA for 150Â€ and XA1 for 260Â€, so I would rather go for that XA, I don't need much from mobile.
I got xperia xa ultra always annoying me for update, once you open it then you see it in notification update everyday same like this, this is bullshit sony, wtf are doing?
AnonD-685964, 20 Jul 2017Hello which would you recommend me? I can not decide. Xperia XA vs Xiaomi Redmi note 4 vs Leno... moreHonestly, just based on their specs, Xiaomi and Lenovo gives "more," while XA is more like "less is more." If you want a Sony phone, you may also consider the newer XA1 since it has better battery endurance.
Because this is a page for XA, here are my reasons NOT to choose XA:
- Battery capacity is not made for intense gaming, and you might have to turn on STAMINA mode and/or airplane mode to extend your battery life to 5 hours SoT.
- YouTube's audio is on the quiet side. You need earphones sometimes.
- If you aggresively hate plastic on phones.
- XA has a 720p display, while the other two phones you stated have 1080p displays. (XA's display is a two-edged sword, trust me).
- XA uses a MediaTek processor so if you prefer a Snapdragon processor, XA is not the phone for you.
- XA's lower chin is blank.
Now, here are my reasons why you should choose XA:
- Design. XA is one of the best looking Sony phone. You got bezelless sides and it does not look like a cheap generic phone. Sony phones are uniquely designed unlike other brands that look like (you know what brands). My friends thought it was a premium device lol. And XA has gorilla glass 4 (Source: Sony support forum).
- Display and Performance. The 720p display is enough for me. Super-vivid mode makes the images and videos saturated. The 720p display and processor combination makes this phone super fast and fluid.
- Camera. Under daylight, it is one of the best cameras in the midrange segment. The new manual controls in Nougat version (Shutter speed and manual focus) improves Lowlight and macro shots.
AnonD-685964, 20 Jul 2017Hello which would you recommend me? I can not decide. Xperia XA vs Xiaomi Redmi note 4 vs Leno... moreRedmi Note 4, i would go for it... XA is just usual, casual, good looking phone, nothing more that. If you need simple, elegant phone, to fulfil your simple day tasks, XA. If you want to game or multimedia, go for Redmi Note 4.
Hello which would you recommend me? I can not decide. Xperia XA vs Xiaomi Redmi note 4 vs Lenovo k6 power. By Xa I am worried a little about the battery. By note 4 the size. I have a5000 but after 2 years of using it is overheating by charging so I am looking for something new. Your opinions?
My Sony XA call audio button will check when connecting to car multimedia so I cannot use it Handsfree. Is this a common problem with the XA?
Anonymous, 20 Jul 2017In my normal usage pattern: (half-day with SIM standby, few minutes mobile data; half-day in a... more''Maximum SoT achieved normal usage (STAMINA mode, Wi-Fi on, web browsing only): 5.5 hours SoT''
Great that would be my normal usage happy cause it's great improvement I only get 4 hours now. Thanks!
AnonD-638907, 19 Jul 2017How much screen time do you get now with Nougat? In my normal usage pattern: (half-day with SIM standby, few minutes mobile data; half-day in airplane mode, Wi-Fi on, web surfing, playing music with Xloud): about 3.5 hours SoT
Heavy usage (gaming at STAMINA mode, max volume): 2.5-4 hours SoT depending on the game
On airplane mode, no STAMINA mode, wi-fi on, max volume, Super-vivid mode: 3.5-4 hours SoT
Maximum SoT achieved normal usage (STAMINA mode, Wi-Fi on, web browsing only): 5.5 hours SoT
Minimum SoT achieved (no STAMINA mode, Wi-Fi on, Super vivid mode, high brightness, doing heavy tasks that heats up the phone (like camera)): 2.5 hours SoT
* Adaptive brightness somehow improves SoT.
* Battery endurance is much better on nougat. Before, my phone is at 20% before I reach home. Now, my phone is at 30-60% before I reach home.
* On airplane mode, drains 2-5% on marshmallow in 8 hours. Only drains 0-2% on Nougat.
* Battery percentage is better callibrated on nougat
* Use Greenify (for rooted and non rooted XA) for better battery life
* Use airplane mode if possible.
superman, 19 Jul 2017xperia xa or a3 2017
and why?Sony is the best. Forget Apple or Samsung or etc.(except asus)
Sony will never let us down, gotta remember these people work hard to avoid planned obsolescence.
I have my Xperia XA f3113 white+signature of famous DJ Tchami signed on the back of my phone.
Never ran into any issues, manage to get full day use of battery, moderate use equals to excellent usage.
One issue I only ran into is the Overlay screen detected(had anti virus and uninstall it to remove that issue)
If not, its the BEST phone I ever had after my Zenfone 3(someone stole it from me.)
Got my phone in January and since then , I love it, its my baby, I love you Xperia XA.
Take care of all your devices!!!!!
(Don't forget, once a month, Discharge your device from 100%-0% and do not reopen it; plug it on usb charger and leave it on charge until it hits 90%/100% THEN you can open your phone.)
This will help the battery life.
Still waiting for nougat here in Argentina it's taking forever! Grrr
superman, 19 Jul 2017xperia xa or a3 2017 and why?Should we know about Samsung a3?
I have problem with Google app(I cannot remember if it started with Nougat or earlier). The microphone turns on by itself (I don't click anything) especially when I use YouTube and Music. I disabled it and it it enable itself again lol should I disable the whole app? I'm afraid my phone will misbehave
Pao, 18 Jul 2017Im planning to buy a new phone. What would be the best phone that i can choose between Sony XA... moreXA would be the best designed device and also best camera features in my opinion...
Im planning to buy a new phone. What would be the best phone that i can choose between Sony XA and Huawei GR3 Thanks!