Úrsula , 16 Jun 2018I have a problem when a i making a video in 4K. When i finish the video Come : the SD CARD is ... moresame here with wifi can't reconnect until such time I restart it. waste of time n money.
I have a problem when a i making a video in 4K. When i finish the video Come : the SD CARD is not found! also when i make a normal video's. But.... I check in my album the foto's and the video's are in de SD Card saved. Somebody have the same problem?
Can the fingerprint reader be used for anything else besides for just unlocking the device? Also what gesture features does the device have?
For me, Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra is the best midranger in the market:
1. It has a very good camera. For the rear camera, its 23 MP can take photos like those flagship phones. Its good already for a midranger phone. Plus, it has 4K video recording, which is rare when it comes to midrange devices. Of course, the quality is insane for a midranger. For the front facing camera, it is actually pretty crisp because of its dual setup.
2. The battery life is amazing. I am usually a heavy user but honestly I was surprised that after hours of gaming and surfing, it still has a decent amount of juice left.
3. Performance may not be as good as those flagship models but it tops when it comes to its midrange counterparts. Gaming is actually smooth. I didn't experience lags at all especially in playing large games such as NBA 2K18 etc.
4. Design is elegant. For some users, they find the design to be old-school but for me, it is truly elegant. The boxy design of Sony gives an impression of a "futuristic-like" look. Aside from this, the design is comfortable to the hands. With its boxy shape and top amd bottom bezels, its is actually comfortable especially in holding the device for gaming and movies.
5. The price tag. Here in the Philippines, it is currently around 20K - 25K (400$ - 450$) which is affordable for a smartphone with such good specs. Trust me, your money is worth it.
6. Audio quality is good and the loudspeaker is pretty loud. It has a clean bass and treble. It also comes with Sony's Clear Audio+ which enhances the overall sound of the device.
Overall, Sony has done a pretty good job in XA2 Ultra. Great camera with 4K capability, superior battery life, decent performance (Snapdragon 630), good audio quality, and elegant ergonomics and design is all you get when you buy this phone. Its really worth it!
Tip: Although this is a personal preference, I would like to suggest that you buy the Blue color of the phone. It is unique and beautiful! But again, your choice :)
AnonD-755238, 25 May 2018Jul 25 ....so sadddIs it confirm that Release date in India is July?
AnonD-754917, 26 Apr 2018mate 10 or xa2 ultra?This has to be one of the most pathetic questions I've ever seen. Of course, go for the Mate 10. Better design, better specs (well duh, it'a a flagship), better battery and almost better everything except maybe the UI. I have a friend who's got a Mate 10 and he loved the phone more than his Iphone X, S8 Plus, Iphone 7 Plus and the Galaxy A8(still a midranger, but still better than XA2 Ultra). Too bad he sold it for a P20 Pro but still, Sony midrangers are not good at all and you're better off with the Mate 10. If you want a Sony then go for their flagships and I rock a Sony right now.
So here is my short review of xperia XA2 Ultra compared to my previous XA Ultra:
1. You will be disappointed with the camera because it is worst than the old XA ultra. If you try out the camera, you will notice the distinct difference straight away but come on, having used Sony smartphones before, since when is its XA smartphone camera ever good? I can't remember any.
2. Music quality, worst than XA Ultra but if you adjust the audio setting to studio or whatever, it will improve a bit but overall, it will have that unclear tone to any music you play. (hard to describe it but it is like putting a piece of cloth between the speaker or your earpiece while listening to your favourite music.)
3. It is true for those comments below that state that its highest volume is lower than previous XA smartphone's highest volume but from what I have experienced, it is at least 20% reduction. Just view it as saving your ear.
4. Its OS is Oreo so you cannot transfer your app to SD card like its previous OS 7 nougat.
5. Somehow, with my old phone (nougat OS) which runs apps on SD card faster than Oreo which runs app from internal memory. (O.O)???
6. Battery is long lasting but somehow it seems that performance has been tuned down a bit to allow that to happen as I have mentioned in point 5 regarding its performance. My old phone drains battery at moderate rate and last about 1.5 hour plus on graphic-intensive game.
This phone last twice or thrice as long but game loading could be few seconds lag but overall is still acceptable. So if you are extremely or quite particular about the music quality, you may forget about it. If you can tolerate about 20% drop in volume plus music quality, then it is still an attractive mid-range priced smartphone. Plus, try to either get brown or blue color. Its black color is not glossy from what I have seen and though that doesn't mean that the rest is glossy but at least less unattractive than pale black color which you see underneath some of your laptop.
AnonD-755238, 27 Apr 2018When release in india ?? Jul 25 ....so saddd
Can anyone tell me the network frequencies the dual sim model supports? I cannot find anything from Sony about it.
Do I need to use a screen protector on my Xa2 Ultra? I couldn't find any screen protector in market :(
Teikoku, 28 Apr 2018Already released You can order from various retailers check on Sonymobile India webpageI have checked sony mobile India site. But no such option. Pls confirm its release date in INDIA
Anonymous, 16 May 2018It's really bright but could be better, you can see everything perfectly fine anywaysThanks for your help.