AnonD-754917, 26 Apr 2018mate 10 or xa2 ultra?This has to be one of the most pathetic questions I've ever seen. Of course, go for the Mate 10. Better design, better specs (well duh, it'a a flagship), better battery and almost better everything except maybe the UI. I have a friend who's got a Mate 10 and he loved the phone more than his Iphone X, S8 Plus, Iphone 7 Plus and the Galaxy A8(still a midranger, but still better than XA2 Ultra). Too bad he sold it for a P20 Pro but still, Sony midrangers are not good at all and you're better off with the Mate 10. If you want a Sony then go for their flagships and I rock a Sony right now.
So here is my short review of xperia XA2 Ultra compared to my previous XA Ultra:
1. You will be disappointed with the camera because it is worst than the old XA ultra. If you try out the camera, you will notice the distinct difference straight away but come on, having used Sony smartphones before, since when is its XA smartphone camera ever good? I can't remember any.
2. Music quality, worst than XA Ultra but if you adjust the audio setting to studio or whatever, it will improve a bit but overall, it will have that unclear tone to any music you play. (hard to describe it but it is like putting a piece of cloth between the speaker or your earpiece while listening to your favourite music.)
3. It is true for those comments below that state that its highest volume is lower than previous XA smartphone's highest volume but from what I have experienced, it is at least 20% reduction. Just view it as saving your ear.
4. Its OS is Oreo so you cannot transfer your app to SD card like its previous OS 7 nougat.
5. Somehow, with my old phone (nougat OS) which runs apps on SD card faster than Oreo which runs app from internal memory. (O.O)???
6. Battery is long lasting but somehow it seems that performance has been tuned down a bit to allow that to happen as I have mentioned in point 5 regarding its performance. My old phone drains battery at moderate rate and last about 1.5 hour plus on graphic-intensive game.
This phone last twice or thrice as long but game loading could be few seconds lag but overall is still acceptable. So if you are extremely or quite particular about the music quality, you may forget about it. If you can tolerate about 20% drop in volume plus music quality, then it is still an attractive mid-range priced smartphone. Plus, try to either get brown or blue color. Its black color is not glossy from what I have seen and though that doesn't mean that the rest is glossy but at least less unattractive than pale black color which you see underneath some of your laptop.
AnonD-755238, 27 Apr 2018When release in india ?? Jul 25 ....so saddd
Can anyone tell me the network frequencies the dual sim model supports? I cannot find anything from Sony about it.
Do I need to use a screen protector on my Xa2 Ultra? I couldn't find any screen protector in market :(
Teikoku, 28 Apr 2018Already released You can order from various retailers check on Sonymobile India webpageI have checked sony mobile India site. But no such option. Pls confirm its release date in INDIA
Anonymous, 16 May 2018It's really bright but could be better, you can see everything perfectly fine anywaysThanks for your help.
Ticker, 13 May 2018Hi. Can you please tell me what the screen display is like in direct sun light. Thanks. It's really bright but could be better, you can see everything perfectly fine anyways
Can anyone help me with the battery because the battery percentage decreases even though im not using the phone..
Can you please tell me what the screen display is like in direct sun light. Thanks.
Anonymous, 15 Apr 2018can someone tell me if there is flash on front camera please?Yes there is front flash
It is not mentioned in the specifications but in the review and review photos
Anonymous, 02 May 2018I want to how much ISO for cemera It is in this review ISO max 12800
AATHAVA, 17 Apr 2018Touchscreen not work properly. i select app its going next page, chatting time not select or s... more.... I think you bought a broken phone if the touch-screen doesn't work. About the camera...what do you expect from a mid-range phone??? 😂
AnonD-755238, 27 Apr 2018When release in india ?? Already released You can order from various retailers check on Sonymobile India webpage