Xperia XA Ultra is very disappointing.
I am writing a review based on my personal experience in using this phone. I have never been so disappointed like this before, I love Sony Xperia phones and I have been a Sony user ever since but this particular unit disappoints and annoys me big time.
1. WIFI connection failure. This is unit is very poor when it comes to WIFI connecting. We have several gadgets at home, laptop and other phones and they can perfectly connect to the wifi. XA Ultra would always kick out itself from the connection. Our WIFI at home has an excellent connection and I never had a problem connecting my other phones to it.
2. Battely life is poor. (If you really wanna have this unit, make sure you have powerbank)
3. Brightness of the phone isn't really that much. If you're used to other xperia phones, you'll get upset with XA Ultra's brightness and display.
4. Blurry camera. 21 mp rear camera, nope. Images appear blurry and the quality of the camera is not flattering.
5. Errors in sending photos using apps. This is what really annoys me. You take pictures, then try to send it to a person in messaging apps and wrong picture would be sent. I thought it was just a glitch or just human error, I keep testing it and everytime I send pictures, the picture that would be sent is not the one that you chose to send.
So, yeah I don't recommend this phone. So many wrong things and it's not worth buying it.
SERIOUS ISSUES WITH THE HANDSET: -
1) Unwanted and Nuisance creating and spece occupying Apps are preinstalled & occupy a space of approx 7 to 8 GB out of total 16 GB. We never even i tend to use apps like sony LIV, Amazon Kindle, Hungama Play, Midnight Pool (Game), Lounge, Weather, Play Station, Facebook, Play Movies and so on.
2) A user can not Uninstall the Apps. If u disable it, your phone starts malfuncting or it wont work properly.
3) Anything you download, goes to Internal memory (there is no option for saving the downloads directly on SD card , so within minutes, the internal memory becomes full. Moreover, there is only one option to transfer photos and videos to SD card, however most of the times, it does not detect the data which can be transfrtted to SD card. So all the process has to be done manually.
4) The available internal memory is very low. any app a cutomers donloads from Play store goes to internal memory only. some apps have the option to change the storage from Internal Memory to SD card, but the application apps can not be transferred.
5) The Photo or Videos saved on SD card can not be shared via whats app / Facebook etc. There is no method to transfer from SD card to Internal memory
6) The placement of Volume Key is absolutely wrong. The key gets pressed when a customer holds the phone in hand.
7) When a customer types an sms and reaches the 4th line, then it can not scroll up to the 1st line. So when the sms is typed, one can review it in edit form from 2nd line only
8) A video player with very old version is pre-installed and set as default. The video can not be fast forwarded or reversed unless dragged by a minute pointer. The virtual keys for Adjusting Brightness, Volume or zoom in and out are not available. A customer can not change the default video player.
9) Whatever customised setting a cutomer does for ease in regular operations like keeping regular apps shortcut or default ringtone etc, all these is automatically modified to factory Default whenever there is Software Update / Software Repair with SONY Companion Tool etc.
Even after reporting all these problems on various platforms, representatives of SONY CORPORATION have not buddged at all and just keep repeating about their Policy and Framework. No one has given any solutions to the problems yet.
Even a low end CHINESE handset has got all these features now a days and with lots of other facilities.
Its a challange to see whether SONY CORPORATION a Japanese Copany can resolve these issues
Returned my GN7 last month and have been tossing up getting another large phone.
It's a shame that the XAU battery life is so terrible and it is only 16GB internal :-(
Mike, 13 Dec 2016Little bit disappointed. The battery drainning very fast. 2 hours playing COC consumed 100% of... moreCoc suck battery very fast and overheats the smartphone like toast, i am playing this game from two years, the problem of this game that it doesn't have a graphics options...
dingXXXX, 13 Dec 2016may i know which developer for the said TASK KILLER APP. ty Of cours.... AndroidRock, keep in mind this app will affect the multitasking performance.
Little bit disappointed. The battery drainning very fast. 2 hours playing COC consumed 100% of battery life.
It comes with fingerprint sensor. But not in the US since it wipl be a copyright to HP. (Fingerprint scanner on power buttons)
Just flash custom firmware
My first XA ultra had a camera error problem.
Randomly making message tone.
Also had a yellow stain top right corner.
I recieved my brandnew 2nd XA ultra today through warranty and now the problem Is camera error. N extremely hot.
Could be a hardware issue for all models. Sucks ;(
Harry, 11 Dec 2016Is that phone avai. With fingerprint censor unlocking feature?no, it doesnt have a fingerprint sensor
i have some doubt about its performance beacuse of "media tech" chip set any help here???
Harry, 11 Dec 2016Is that phone avai. With fingerprint censor unlocking feature?Nope.
AnonD-364523, 09 Dec 2016Guys i just bought this phone few days back..... Everything fine except BATTERY.. its discha... moreGenerally any mobile phone will consume power if your mobile data connection is always active. So is the case with WiFi too.
Xperia, 10 Dec 2016in the store, they said it's Water resistant. in other store said it is not. can someone tell... moreAre you going to take under water photographs or videos or just you want to insert your phone in water and play with it. Actually, the water resistant feature of a phone adds up it's cost further. Generally, one can use an android phone for the maximum of 2 years or less because either the battery will die or the software will become obsolete. Moreover no one would drench their phone in rain. Now to answer your question Sony Xperia XA Ultra is not water resistant.
i have received my xperia xa dual yesterday and its awesome phone look very nice and sleek design and performance was too good no hang problem and battery backup is 12 to 13 hrs without stamina mode on thank q sony and amazon