xXENDER FREAKXx, 14 Mar 2018Nope, no scratches or scuffs. My XPERIA XZ1's rear camera is made out of glass...Did you experience any issues on sony xperia xz1 like gps or alarm clock problem?
Sony Xperia XZ1: no alarm, can't answer calls, screen brightness flickers, GPS doesn't work on a daily basis, and CRAP SUPPORT from Sony!
Since I got this phone I am seeing nothing but crap functionality on the device, and crap support form Sony (aka: 90% of solutions suggested are "update software") and I seriously regret my purchase...
Since I bought the Xperia XZ1 the following issues have arisen:
1) Alarm clock DOES NOT RING no matter what I do.. whether it's single-time or repeating alarms (I actually use my old Z5 as a alarm clock!). Already did 3 software updates (as per sony's forums) and none of them worked!
2) Even BASIC PHONE FUNCTIONALITY is broken, as there is about a 75% chance that ANY CALL I get, I am unable to answer as the touchscreen freezes/stops working, and I have to try and relock/unlock 3 or 4 times until it actually responds (if at all!).
3) The "Adaptive Display" has become INFURIATING, as it does't stop changing screen brightness up and down even when I don't move it at all! And turning it off is not even an option, as the screen the screen is LITERALLY invisible if I'm using the same setting between going outside and into my car, for example. I've tried backlight control and without it, and tried every setting i could find.. NOTHING. And just having it at high brightness all the time is not an option either since THE BATTERY DRAINS LIKE A SEWAGE PIPE!
4) I have PROVEN beyond a doubt in my mind and out of personal experience that Sony's software updates DO actually SLOW DOWN THE PHONE! After being happy with my Xperia Z5, thinking it just slowed down over a couple of years of use, it took a bad fall and the sim card stopped working properly (signal comes and goes)...And since "fixing it" was literally more expensive than buying a new one, I went out and bought an exact same BRAND NEW Xperia Z5 out of the box for 200 less.
It was working GREAT. However, I kept getting notifications to update the software, so I did... after doing about 5 or 6 updates in a row, the phone LITERALLY went down to the EXACT SAME turtle-slow speed as the 2-YEAR-OLD one!!!! I've tried EVERYTHING, and until now the phone is as slow, sluggish and laggy as the phone I abuised for over 2 years! Sony is OBVIOUSLY guilty of slowing phones down with their updates!
5) The GPS is absolute GARBAGE on this phone! On a DAILY basis the phone GPS stops working and just can't find a GPS signal on ALL apps that use GPS. I've tried everything from software updates to deleting cache to uninstalling and reinstalling apps...etc. NOTHING. And this all in the exact same house, office, and destinations I go to every day, and had used my old Z5 with no issues whatsoever, and still do!
6) The last and most important point is the fact that Sony keeps trying to FORCE ME to do MORE software updates, and I know FOR A FACT from personal experience that the software updates constantly slow down the phone, AND there is a high chance of them screwing something ELSE up. And yet, I still did 3 updates so far hoping it will fix ANY of these issues.. not ONE of them was resolved!
Oh, and all this was posted on the Sony forums for support.. not even ONE reply from any of their support teams.
So what the )(*&^!#*%^!#*)& is wrong with Sony?!
Conclusion... Sony Never Again!
AnonD-240931, 13 Mar 2018I want to ask if any one has scratches on the lens as i have many scratches on my Xperia x len... moreNope, no scratches or scuffs. My XPERIA XZ1's rear camera is made out of glass...
I want to ask if any one has scratches on the lens as i have many scratches on my Xperia x lens of the rear camera as i want to buy this and i want to know if this camera glass strong enough, thanks for your help
I have the XZ1 and love it. Sits perfectly in my hand - has the right weight and balance and just feels good. All round, best phone I've owned.
AnonD-743689, 10 Mar 2018Don't know whether to choose either XZ Premium or XZ1. Any suggestions?I have both of them, and if someone asks whether which is better, I'll just say get the XPERIA XZ PREMIUM. Yeah I know XPERIA XZ1 got released way later, but since I have been updating them, currently they are up to date to the latest software, and I see no difference between them. Camera, no difference, performance, no difference, RAM, no difference. But the real difference comes down to the display and battery. Battery is obviously bigger for the XPERIA XZ PREMIUM, same goes to the display, a bigger 5.5" screen compared to the 5.2" on the XPERIA XZ1, a 4K display and note it doesn't run 4K all the time, and it will do so if u are watching a video on YouTube, Netflix etc. Also, price should already go down, since the XPERIA XZ PREMIUM is released earlier, I think the the price currently should be cheaper than the XPERIA XZ1 which makes it a better deal I guess...
Don't know whether to choose either XZ Premium or XZ1. Any suggestions?
I have been using it for past 4 months.. great battery life.. great phone.. I was little doubtful about the battery first. but it lasts more than my Moto X4
AnonD-423707, 09 Mar 2018i want to ask hows the heating issue? hows the battery life? i want to know because may... moreGo ahead with closed eye. Battery life is top notch. Heating issue is minimal. Performance is top notch. Been using this since 29th February. Its still proving best.
i want to ask
hows the heating issue?
hows the battery life?
i want to know because maybe this week i will buy one
When Sony adopt Qnovo charging technology those trolls from the competitors must mention Lenovo to mislead people.
when sony created the 960fps video they all said its gimmick but when samsung did its now the best feature
Anonymous, 05 Mar 2018Sony Xperia XZ1 or sony xperia XZ premium , which one is better ?? XZ1 for sure. its durable and easy to use. XZP is heavy and uncomfortable to use. and XZ1 is more solid. used XZP earlier. currently using XZ1. battery backup is far better in XZ1. comfortable. Sound is also richer in XZ1. go for XZ1.
What an ugly design regardless the features of the phone
You need to eliminate those bezels makes the phone looks like 2014