dragonov, 01 Dec 2017one of the best in low light??? you make me laugh man. xperias are the worst in low light. ... moreSony should have used 12mp instead of 19mp for a better balance between good light and low light shots. Also, need to improve a lot on post processing of photos.
Ali Bashir, 30 Nov 2017It is so far from bad, it is one of the best in lowlight, but the steady hands is not an optio... moreone of the best in low light??? you make me laugh man.
xperias are the worst in low light.
they might be good in many things about their cameras, but leave the low light to the S8. No brand can beat Samsung in low light.
Anonymous, 30 Nov 2017How bad is it, the aperture is bit smaller but I dont know about the pixel size.keep in mind that the xperia cameras, xz or xzp, xz1, xz1c are mediocre in four points:
1. low light: the images are blurry, smudgy and grainy due to the absence of optical image stabilization and the aperture (2.0 vs 1.8 or 1.7 on competition). Over-processing and over-sharpening kill your image at night.
* tip 1: use the 8 megapixel setting to yield better results, where you use the full size of the sensor on a smaller count. You don't need 19 or 23 really!
* tip 2: use long exposure (1 second) where possible. Using this, the camera is better than other cameras really, unfortunately it is not practical, though.
2. Dynamic range: the dark and shaded areas in daylight shots are too dark when compared to the competition. The sensor measures the exposure well but if there is shade, unfortunately it will look dark to even black.
3. Lack of stabilisation in 4K: since no OIS is available, the steadyshot only work at 1080p at 30fps (not even on 60 fps). Your 4k videos will come out shaky.
4. The blurry and smudgy corners: the corners of photos from my xz are distorted to a large extent. Sent it to maintenance but they did not acknowledge the problem. however, the 8.0 update added an option (in the xzp) to camera settings in which you can fix this issue, thus it is a problem they refused to acknowledge for me.
One final point, the camera app use more battery than the competition due to the larger sensor (probably).
Here are some useful videos about the xz series photography:
https://youtu.be/zjSZsm8qGvM (this is very useful)
TrueSonyFan, 30 Nov 2017Not as good as competitors like U11 and S8. Ah, here photo and video compare of this XZ1/XZ Prem camera to U11....
Looking at this, while we could argue over automode photo (more grain vs more noise reduction artefacts) and not over manual which does much better photo on XZ, there is just no doubt about which is better at video.
IMO overall, as a photo/video cam, XZ Prem/XZ1 does better at lowlight than this competitor
Anonymous, 30 Nov 2017How bad is it, the aperture is bit smaller but I dont know about the pixel size.It is so far from bad, it is one of the best in lowlight, but the steady hands is not an option because it doesn't have optical image stabilization, the huge camera sensor cannot afford this hardware feature until now so you need steady hands when shooting photos, however, if you have time to play a little bit with manual mode then you can get near perfect shots.
Anonymous, 30 Nov 2017How bad is it, the aperture is bit smaller but I dont know about the pixel size.Not as good as competitors like U11 and S8.
TrueSonyFan, 30 Nov 2017It's camera is good in broad day light at outdoors but bad in low light situations and indoor ... moreHow bad is it, the aperture is bit smaller but I dont know about the pixel size.
Anonymous, 29 Nov 2017How is the lowlight photography performance of this phone It's camera is good in broad day light at outdoors but bad in low light situations and indoor due to smaller pixels and smaller aparture than other flagships.
well,,,,,, am waiting a bezel less smartphone from Sony. very excited to buy...
Anonymous, 29 Nov 2017How is the lowlight photography performance of this phone
Well i suggest you to use your own eyes and judge instead of hearing a little of opinions.
Don't forget to share your opinion in the comment section of every video.
UltimateZeroSeconds, 26 Nov 2017You don't use Xperia please stop misleading people. The Qnovo is an adapting battery charging ... moreTrue, especially for those who charge at night and plug out of the cable in the morning. This kind of charging method is a much more safer method than others if people charge overnight, unlike the old method where u charge till it is full and left it charging like that for the next few hours till morning. I kind of like how it works, but sometimes I don't like it, but I don't switch off the feature, because it have an option to deactivate it sometimes when it appears in the notifications, so I wouldn't need to switch on and off in the settings
Anonymous, 28 Nov 2017But sony makes partnership with it. Face it it will goes along with the product. Anyway sony x... moreAgree. I don't care if xperia has qnovo or not. I buy sony phones but won't fall into qnovo tricks.
If you are wondering about how this phone performance and want an 100% honest review watch this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTgHXU3NtV0
He kind of took everything I would say about the phone, if I where making a video.
Yes, at least where i live, i only found one that was only protecting the center of the screen. It was very awkward so I just don't use one.
TrueSonyFan, 28 Nov 2017I trust sony but don't trust qnovo. That small company says big words but in reality, there is... moreBut sony makes partnership with it. Face it it will goes along with the product. Anyway sony xperia is doing great with their phones on flagship. Looks can be decieving dont you think, the design looks old but performance is great.
DatUtter, 28 Nov 2017The screen is a little curved, so if your going for screen protector get one that cover the wh... moreSo, its hard to find protector for the screen of this phone? I hope I can find one once I bought one next year. Is it 2.5 d glass?
[deleted post]He told me, he has the Xperia XA Ultra, it also come with Qnovo, that charging time is very fast.