I have used this phone for two months and have much to say about it. All in all the phone is good and stable, but there are some bugs that could be fixed by firmware updates (I hope so).
Some of bugs and disadvantages I have expierenced:
- loud, annoying beep from loudspeakers at the end of almost every call (even at silent mode)
- sometimes the screen turns on landscape mode after phone calls (it can be undone by locking and unlocking the screen)
- the fingerprint sensor works good, but its impossible to watch the clock without unlocking the display (I hate it, so i disabled the fingerprint sensor at all)
- 3D scanner does not work as good as I expected when bought the phone
- camera has good auto-focus, but pictures sometimes are grainy when zoomed in (after pictures are taken), furthermore tha camera app always prefers me to shoot series of pictures (even if I disabled this option)
- shooting in slow-motion mode is inconvenient, in addition each time you can shoot only 1 second (or smth) in slow-motion
- I dropped the phone on the wooden floor and unfortunately the original plastic back case (body of the phone) got smashed at one side (as well as LCD - it's a little smashed but still working)
+ battery life is pretty long
+ phone speed is really impressive, without any lagging
So, I am waiting for firmware updates, Sony!
AnonD-726843, 28 Dec 2017FIVE DAYS? Wow! What is this, a DTC Gear Powerbank Phone?!Achievable if u off it when u sleep and use it as dumb phone lol
UltimateZeroSeconds, 26 Nov 2017Your comment doesn't have any proof.this is the proof
Have it 2 month now and it is a great phone ..
Battery is even better than the older Z3 Compact..
It can go easily 3 days with moderate use...
longest I had it was 5 days.
Great phone, I just wish there was a case like an otterbox or something to keep it safe. There's nothing more soul destroying than your screen breaking on your phone. The fact that you can't use it and that your gonna pay Â€90 r so to get it back to normal. These glass screens are nothing but a con anyway. I have an old xperia E and if you bounced the thing off the wall a hundred times it wouldn't effect it. Fuck glass screens. Were being ripped off because they are well able to make tougher screens but they are probably getting back handers from someone telling them not too.
There is a horrible frame drop with the John NES emultator in this phone.
Impossible to understand. Almost unplayable.
That emulator worked even in a Galaxy S. But it seems like a flagship device with the last technology isn't able to run it properly.
Does this phone shoot dng format pictures? Couldnt find anything about it in google too
a month ago I told them that this little one would face this x and for half of what it is worth https://youtu.be/FR3Cu6eBmD4
AnonD-716912, 17 Dec 2017Can you pls explain to me about double tap to wake option? Is it present in phone and if it's ... morei think they left it out because it drains energy powering the touchscreen at all times. i have it in my sony x compact: double tap to switch on and double tap to switch off. but you still have to scan your finger unless you don't want any security feature
phone addict, 16 Dec 2017the only bad thing in sony phone is its corner. otherwise,one of the best phone in the market.... moreCan you pls explain to me about double tap to wake option? Is it present in phone and if it's not present, will they bring that option in the future updates? Thanks
3 nity, 15 Dec 2017You would to try repair your XZ1C with software repair metode on Xperia Companion.i no longer own phone! i dropped it one time already in a tpu type case, maybe that caused some internal damage from the shock of impact (?). the drop may or may not have effected the wifi performance. i don't know if it may be that fragile. it was dropped from waist level in a tpu case. no scratches
the only bad thing in sony phone is its corner. otherwise,one of the best phone in the market..and pls..would you mind adding double tap wake feature so the user have choice either tapping to wake or use the fingerprint sensor..
EddieK, 15 Dec 2017No FM Radio....No can do. More money for less options, no Thank You SonySince u like fm so much i suggest u go and buy a fm stereo $10
Anonymous, 14 Dec 2017you're lucky! i like the wide angle selfie cameraYou would to try repair your XZ1C with software repair metode on Xperia Companion.