Gug555, 01 Mar 2018Max 11mm Uncomfortable. If put in jeans.. Or with other phoneYou mind 3 mm more in your pocket?
Man, you wear some tight jeans all right.
Sure anything thinner wont break in there?
Manyak maraig, 02 Mar 2018I switching to android this year. Im choosing between xz2 and samsung s9If you are not bothered by lack of headphone jack as I am..there is really zero reason not to go for XZ2.
Front surround sound.
Hdr video recording, HDR upscaling.
3D creator on selfie now.
And DVS looks like a totally immersive new way of enjoying audio, video and gaming content.
Overall XZ2 a much more interesting phone.
Oh Sony, why no headphone jack on this?!!
No scope for curvy design, at the end the time is come when all brands mobile phones look similar & notches. I only think that sony design is different from others. There is good scope for sony on their square design not curvy, It only doing is that it follows the latest trend of their devices with same dimensions and big screen, It will great hit but Sony done it wrong.
Sony should announce a premium or pro version of xz2 otherwise u will loose a big percentage of existing customers including me. Am also planning to upgrade my xz premium but xz2 not a right choice for me....
ATSnothingELSE, 02 Mar 2018Sony is way behind... This design should have come out two years ago.Trust me, sir, the XZ2 design is more convenient to hold and more character, the people just don't familiar with the WHOLE NEW design language because it is totally NEW DESIGN!
Trust me, sir, the trolls trolling Xperia XZ2 design is ugly they already start trolling from every Xperia Z flagships LONG TIME AGO because they don't use a WHOLE NEW trolling skill!
gizmo, 02 Mar 2018No 3.5 jack? Bye sony!!The 3.5mm headphone jack is now an accessory in the box.
Foxtrot2Novmbr, 02 Mar 2018Compared to the XZ2. S9 and S9+ have a definite reason to make it feel like a pure premium dev... moreMate, seriously, your whole topic is just... Bumbling or hit me to hit you back.
Anonymous, 02 Mar 2018Damn, most of your arguments are downright childish. Let's rip them one by one. 1. It's not... moreThat was brutal and fun at the same time. Let's see if thae guy/girl has a reply LOL
I've waiting for Xperia XZ1 Premium, but it is not come.
I love Sony, But It still the same old Design.
I Hope I can get the Phone like XZ Primium with OLED 4K sreen soon.
Foxtrot2Novmbr, 02 Mar 2018Compared to the XZ2. S9 and S9+ have a definite reason to make it feel like a pure premium dev... moreBro...I totally agreed when you were talking about the galaxy s9 but. You sounded like shit when you were talking about the xperia xz2.
I'll admit the fact that LCD panels are outdated.
Rest everything else was stupid.
The sound quality on Samsung might have gotten better but it will never be as good as that on Sony. The spec you were talking about was all software. Its like saying that "since xz premium is the only display with 4k hdr content it is the best"..while thats not the case.
2. Wether it was Sony or Samsung would it matter if. you are watching a video in public?!....Of course you would use a headphone.
3. The only difference between Sony and Samsung is that Samsung is trying to get its basics right i.e. improving the display,camera,software etc. while Sony is trying to stand apart from the crowd by not copying everything that Apple or Samsung does.
Foxtrot2Novmbr, 02 Mar 2018Compared to the XZ2. S9 and S9+ have a definite reason to make it feel like a pure premium dev... moreDamn, most of your arguments are downright childish. Let's rip them one by one.
1. It's not exactly a copy of HTC. If you notice, while both the U11 and XZ2 have curved backs, the curvature is different in both phones. You can see how they both reflect light different from each other. And different camera placement, FP placement etc. Up front, it's still like other Sony phones, expect we have a longer screen and less bezels.
2. Define "color correction". While OLED is the future of smartphone displays (until micro LED comes I guess), as of now it's not a matured technology unlike LCD. LCDs have no drawbacks, while with OLED, your display will
- degrade over passage of time
- risk of getting screen burn-in
- OLED lottery
At least you can use LCD displays with a peace of mind of not worrying about burn-ins. Also, you can adjust white balance on almost every smartphone display, so your claims about LCD having poor "color correction" is therefore invalid.
3. You seriously thought the phone records continuous 960 FPS videos? LOL. As of now, technology only permits you to record 960 FPS videos for 0.6 seconds. So yeah, it's not a memory hog like 4K videos and a phone with 64 GB storage is sufficient for recording 960 FPS videos. Also, you can always add an SD card should you ever run out of space.
4. Sony obviously has a wireless charging dock, what are you smoking? Go search it on Sony's website.
5. This. Has to be the most stupid thing I've read in a while. Did you know Android allows you to adjust your phone's volume, and even put it in silence? There's this useful thing called "Do Not Disturb" in every phone with Android 6.0+, or better yet, just put your phone on silence mode when you're in a meeting. This argument of yours alone proves that your just bashing Sony. Like seriously, "my phone speakers are too loud so that's too bad if I'm in a meeting, I'll go buy a phone with a crappy mono speaker so no one can hear anything"
Sony is way behind... This design should have come out two years ago.
I adore this phone .. Extra powerful vibration motor for extraordinary audio experience, HDR recording movies, FHD motion eye and HDR screen for spectacular contrast all packed in smooth curvy chic design not revolving around flat boring surface like others .. Thanks SONY you did what I am looking for long time ago
Foxtrot2Novmbr, 02 Mar 2018"Vivo is not a company that everyone heard of" You've said every smartphone manufacturer in c... moreIf you ask a random person, like 10 random people, maximum 2 out of 10 will know about Vivo. And no, that was not me biased, it's just common sense ma dude. And one of the many reasons the companies (big companies) didn't do this is because it's an optical sensor, which is less secure because an optical sensor just takes a picture of your fingerprint, whereas a capacitive sensor scans every ridge and pore of your fingerprint and is more accurate. So I would trust the capacitive ones more than this optical. And why do they copy Apple's design? I really don't know, up until not, many Chinese smartphone copied the iphone 7+'s design, and now the X design. I really think the 'notch' is stupid, I really hate it, I played around with the iPhone X a bit and watched some videos and the notch really bothered me.
p.k.uri, 02 Mar 2018Well HTC is dying. Should I go with HTC? Or be with Sony?Sony is right choice. Go for it. Sony's user interface is most stable one. It never lag.
Honestly, I do want XZ2 & I'll skip Jack headphones & earphones from my mind ever & glass back panel..!! It's OK solution is here: silicon back case to glass back panel Noway actuality
Anonymous, 01 Mar 2018Do tell me which Â€400 phone gives you
- Top of the grade SD 845 processor
- A display that'... moreCompared to the XZ2. S9 and S9+ have a definite reason to make it feel like a pure premium device. And of course a much more expensive device. So if you say those features on Sony XZ2 for Â€400. Then those are punny features which gives it the reason why it shouldn't be Â€800 in the first place! Let me tell you what the new S9 and S9+ gives you, and why it is priced at Â€800 to Â€1000:
1. Dedicated apps for every sensor.
2. In latter models like the S8 plus and newer flagships. They have third party providers which provides power cases.
3. Infinity display with edge menu.
4. Is Gear VR supported. And possibly daydream supported.
5. Comes with 128 and 256GB internal storage variant.
6. Still has a 3.5mm headphone jack and is 32bit/384khz audio output!
Now let me tell ask you in terms of how XZ2 is made:
1. Just like everyone is telling on this forum. It is a copy of HTC! So why did they make the XZ2 look like the HTC?
2. HDR display works better in O-led displays. Similar to what some smartphones has. On the IPS LCD display. Color correction is poor. And just so you know. Before HDR displays on the smartphone was implemented. Majority of users around the world suggest that O-LED displays are much better than IPS LCD displays.
3. And you think that many people opted to use the 960FPS camera all the time and post it on social media? Think about it! If you have 960FPS camera. And you have only like 64GB of storage. What is the duration of 960fps video? Meanwhile, the new Galaxy s9 and S9+ now has 960fps camera. But other than that. They offer a bigger internal storage! So if you're gonna post like 1 hour content of 960FPS camera. Do you think that 64GB is enough?
4. Has wireless charging. Then where's the wireless charging dock? How come the company didn't provide any wireless charging models on their unit demo on MWC?
5. So does everyone use stereo speakers on public? Think about it. If everyone is playing their own music on public. How can they hear their very own song? If the song is purely sadistic, cultural, horny, cult, relaxing, sleepy, childish, or even static. Can the listener hear their music?
And just to remind you. The horny song that I was referring was this one!
So if you are on the meeting. And this song starts playing very loud. How will the ceo, the manager, and even the other employees react?