SegaCD, 04 Apr 2018I've owned the Taiwan 6GB XZ2 for about a week now in the US. Here's my opinions (coming from ... moreThanks dude.. Please check, if it has this basic important features or not.
Tap to wake
Any unlocking system other than fps like face unlock
App lock or private file that utilise fps, this is important
Screen recorder built in
And does it comes with fast charging adapter or not
SegaCD, 04 Apr 2018I've owned the Taiwan 6GB XZ2 for about a week now in the US. Here's my opinions (coming from ... moreSame feeling as I got my XZ2 in Finland today. For me Fp is very good positioned as keeping hand horizontally when holding Phone vertically if u know what I mean :D
sailor uranus, 30 Mar 2018nope. the new look is worse than the previous models. xz2 is too thick, and too slippery. ... moreXZ2 has more durable because it is much thicker on it center while the edge is slimmer, it bring the better grips and more ergonomic! Plus the anti-twist metal frame it sure can pass the Jerryrigeverything smartphone durability bend test. Does your phone has the more ergonomic than XZ2? I think you still don't know ergonomic in your life!
Well explained brother , got a clear idea of the device. even a hands on review videos on you tube doesn't explain this much . Ready to order that deep green guy
Too HTC-ish. finger-print sensor is too low (at the center of the phone in the back), making touch gesture unnatural and uncomfortable.
I've owned the Taiwan 6GB XZ2 for about a week now in the US. Here's my opinions (coming from a 4GB OnePlus 2 and using my wife's Samsung J7). I use this phone casually but often, such as for email, Snapchat, Facebook, Bluetooth audio streaming, Pokemon Go, light gaming, etc. I'm not a professional reviewer; just want to share my experiences as an average, long-term, fairly unbiased user.
- FAST. Holy cow. The 845 just eats tasks like nobody's business. I never feel any lag. I've had a couple apps randomly crash though (twice? Nothing to write home about)
- The battery life is amazing. I don't know why people are knocking battery life. I'm about to leave work after about 9 hrs and after using Bluetooth to play music on the drive over, control Android Wear/Pokemon Go Plus, surf the web a bit, replay to emails, take/watch some Snaps, etc and the battery life is at 80%. My OP2 would be at 25% or less...and I'd charge it on the drive here.
- The dynamic vibration gimmick... I don't get it. I don't think I'll ever enable it. BUT... (here is something I think no reviewer has mentioned) the vibration strength when notifications/calls come in IS AMAZING. I LOVE IT. I can feel it no matter what AND it's not loud. It doesn't sound like a buzzer. I finally feel confident that I wont miss a call when I'm in a noisy environment, and it won't annoy my coworkers when I'm in a meeting!
- The display is sharp and looks very good. Its not as big of a leap from the OnePlus2 as I expected, but the whites and blacks are definitely better. Brightness is better. HDR is pretty gimmicky but cool. This is asking for trouble but I am so glad it is not an OLED display. Why? Because I know 3 people (including my wife) who has experienced bad burn-in on their AMOLEDs. There is also some kind of flicker on AMOLEDs which stresses my eyes out...? The auto backlight is much better than on any other phone I've used.
- The body feels great in my hands. Its a very comfortable phone to hold and type on. It is also pretty, but...ugh...it's so slippery. It slides off of every uneven surface. Fingerprints show up REALLY easily too, but the come off just as easily (in my pocket or whatever).
- The Bluetooth is really stable (something that bugged me about the OP2). I can play music in my car, use my Android Wear watch, and have my Pokemon Go Plus connected, all without any issue.
- The lack of bloat is great. I've disabled AVG and most of the Sony apps. This was most of the reason why I avoided Samsung... The Music app is good though and, while it's not perfect, it made me finally drop Poweramp...
- I can't plug the phone into the built in USB port on my Honda Fit or it freezes & reboots. Not sure if it's the car or the cable yet... My OP2 and the J7 work fine.
- Front facing camera may be 5MP, but it's great for social media. Not sure why people are knocking that. EIS is a godsend although not perfect. I really like how it maintains high frame rate (60fps?) even in low-light environments. It's smooooooth.
- I haven't taken a lot of shots with the rear camera, but it appears to be pretty good. HDR mode seems to blow out/exaggerate the colors and make things look unnatural (on the device with indoor lighting at least). I miss OIS...but the EIS is better than I expected. The shots I took look sharper than shots I've found online from the S9+ and such... Also, the 2-step photo button is great.
- LTE is super snappy compared to any other phone I've used. Web pages load really fast. I do get 4G+ in my area too...
- Using GPS Status app, GPS is accurate to within 11ft/3m seconds after opening the app! Google Maps & Pokemon Go lock me to my location really, really fast compared to my OP2.
- No VoLTE on T-Mobile. A little disheartening, but...meh. Maybe it can be fixed with a file swap from the US version like the XZ1 series could.
- I miss hardware buttons. :(
- I miss the 3 position hardware slider to set my ringer on my OP2. I didn't use it much though.
- The rear fingerprint reader works really great & snappy, but I agree that the position is a little too low. I've mistaken the camera for the FP reader a few times.
- Audio quality is OK. Better than any phone I've owned, but not as good as other small devices I've had. Bass is pretty uneven...although from viewing distance, you can't tell. The stereo effect is great.
- Call quality is perfect. No issues there. Way better than my OP2 (except for the lack of VoLTE fidelity). Its fairly forgiving to head position.
- Android 8 feels really mature compared to Android 6 on the OP2... Amazing what they did to make daily tasks more intuitive.
- This phone just feels mature...and I think that's what made me go Sony this round. They're not cutting edge, but they make sure things are mature before release.
Rubbish, I've had their phones since the original Z model came out (which still works now by the way) had the Z2, Z3, Z3 compact, Z5 premium. Made the mistake of moving over to One Plus for a couple of phones, the 3 & 3T. Now if you want to talk about a company who don't care less about their customers, that's the company. No customer service really at all. When your phone breaks like mine, I was without one for 5 weeks and just got a bunch of excuses until they replaced the motherboard, lol a motherboard on a 3-month-old phone
Then I went back to the reliable Sony, that always updated, practically vanilla android & never had a problem with any phone apart from one, where the micro USB port broke that needed sending back and was without it for 10 days, the shop offered a back up though. Anyway since that mistake all my personal phones for the wife & myself have been a Sony Xperia XZ Premium & Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact which were both a work of art IMO.
That's not to say I haven't enjoyed plenty of other phones through work, which we get new every 18 months.I've has just about every galaxy phone released but hate how easy the Edge phone broke particularly when you spend a lot of time on a building site like me as an architect. Also, had Apple's phones forced on us and tbh until about the 6th one they were efficient phones, nothing but efficient. Love the LG G4, G5 & V20, also like the Blackberry Passport, that was different and was very tempted by the V30 but will probally wait now to see what work offers in a few months.
Anyway, you can see the level of sophistication of these posters, when leaving comments like they won't buy it because the fingerprint scanner is in the wrong place. i don't see how you can even say that without having the phone in your hand and if you've owned phones over the years you know that you quickly adapt to something different or in a new place.
Personally the XZ2 is nice looking & very intertesting, not too far removed in looks that you don't know it's a Sony, so it doesn't completely alienate their eXisting fans but with less beZels and a new aspect ratio. I like that they've gone with a 5.7 inch factor. which is the sweet spot for me at that aspec raio.I used a 6 inch one the oher day and i's like a smasung note 4 or somehing it felt big.
Top SOC as usual, glad to see the move to 6GB Ram, i think it was time. Battery is about right and bigger than the S9. I'll have to try the camera myself because some of these tests they run are all over the place, just like the previous phone, Some people not rating it, while others thought itt was one of the best,
AS for this thread, long story short Sony release a new phone & it brings the haters out en mass to pick tiny faults. Yet the same people can't wait to buy the S9 that looks just about exactly the same as the S6 Edge, apart from 18:9 ratio. I don't get the mind set, I must be too old. If I'm not keen on a number of phones or their companies but I can't be bothered trolling their forums, it's boring There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism but that's generally not what we get on gsmarena, it's turned into the Youtube of phone sites.
-Changed design, (very good).
-Larger display, (bad becouse mobile phone should be a small one, this like a tab).
-Missing 3.5mm jack, (bad, because this very old option around 2000 period didn't use any
mobile phones, and this port is standard for most devices in world, I think this is copy of iPhone)
-More thickness (bad).
-overall best phone if have 3.5mm jack port.
Thanks for new appearance design.
3D Memorys, 28 Mar 2018The new look much refined for ergonomic. It is such a whole new design from Sony, even you a f... moreso.. he don't like the current design.
why don't you ask tann, what is his opinion about the current design? which one is better, the previous one (with less bezels)? or the current design?
i think his answer will be similar to denis
Why does this phone NOT have a 4K display?! I'm so mad right now!
people want 100 MP camera, 6 inches screen, 6Gb RAM in 10K phone, no matter what the quality is...and compare Sony with Mi, Samsung, Huawei....I am 100% sure all complaining of sony have never purchased a sony phone.
The main reason I was choosing Xperia phones is the fingerprint sensor, built into the power button.
On my own opinion the XZ2 is a big change on the xperia line up, now with smoother bezels and better body to screen ratio. Sony is focusing on the everyday lifestyle of a person and i can say that they've done a great job, they are not copying other smartphone companies because they have many ideas on how to maintain your xperia devices smoothness even though after a year or 2, so i think i'm sticking with sony because they take care of there customers and i am proud to be a sony fanboy since i was using there technology for a very long time. Keep up the GUDWORK SONY!!
Finger print sensor too low, odd shape in the rear, large bezels similar to phones of the past, display is too small (especially when you offer a compact version of the same phone), small battery, no appealing features that anyone would use on a daily basis....my 9 year old might enjoy the slow mo video feature but outside of that, it is completely useless and last but not least, overpriced for what you are getting. Surprised they have not included a stupid animated EMOJI feature as well (or did they?)...anyway, who cares if they did. Hope this will be the last disappointing attempt in the smartphone market for Sony.
Fingerprint scanner just too low, the front panel look like Xperia X series, it is acceptable. But back panel is really shit.
Been a long time since I used Sony phones(xperia Go). I'm still hoping this company to win me back yet they fail year after year. I liked the loop surface design, just like any other comments, we would recommend the XA1 design just trim the top and bottom bezels and add FF stereo speakers just like on their other phones.
Still hoping for XZ2 Pro.
AnonD-139449, 30 Mar 2018ItÂ’s 11.1 mm thick in 2018! Really?Not at all! Just middle body of XZ2