Tann Hauser, 02 Mar 2018If you are not bothered by lack of headphone jack as I am..there is really zero reason not to ... moreLack of headphone jack is not a bigdeal to me. Im using iphone 7 and i have wireless headsets
Tann Hauser, 02 Mar 2018If you are not bothered by lack of headphone jack as I am..there is really zero reason not to ... morebad move on sony's better especially since samsung has not removed the headphone jack. absolute no no. Also 11mm thickness trying to copy HTC while HTC is only 7.9mm. Makes absolutely no sense.
sony is just testing the waters with this meh phone. i'd get nokia sirocco over this.
Tann Hauser, 02 Mar 2018You mind 3 mm more in your pocket? Man, you wear some tight jeans all right. Sure anything t... moreNow i put in same pocket Sony X Performance and iphone(iphone i didnt like.. Must sell), even with case, put also Sony X Performance and Galaxy note 5.. if 1from that will xz2 or 11mm phome i cant already.. Hand didnt go.)) you will see that people didnt like 11mm..10mm.. And Sony sales get lower.. If battery have 3500or higher, think that battery...
Ali Bashir, 02 Mar 2018The 3.5mm headphone jack is now an accessory in the box. yea.. however it doesn't support noise cancelling wired earphones from sony from previous generations...
Maybe they will increase support for the dongle or just give us headphone jack in the future.. :/ really far-fetched it seems...
Bet you couldn't guess which phone won the best smart phone of MWC 2018, it's the Sony xperia XZ2, it's official, if you don't believe me Google it yourself
Gug555, 01 Mar 2018Max 11mm Uncomfortable. If put in jeans.. Or with other phoneYou mind 3 mm more in your pocket?
Man, you wear some tight jeans all right.
Sure anything thinner wont break in there?
Manyak maraig, 02 Mar 2018I switching to android this year. Im choosing between xz2 and samsung s9If you are not bothered by lack of headphone jack as I am..there is really zero reason not to go for XZ2.
Front surround sound.
Hdr video recording, HDR upscaling.
3D creator on selfie now.
And DVS looks like a totally immersive new way of enjoying audio, video and gaming content.
Overall XZ2 a much more interesting phone.
Oh Sony, why no headphone jack on this?!!
No scope for curvy design, at the end the time is come when all brands mobile phones look similar & notches. I only think that sony design is different from others. There is good scope for sony on their square design not curvy, It only doing is that it follows the latest trend of their devices with same dimensions and big screen, It will great hit but Sony done it wrong.
Sony should announce a premium or pro version of xz2 otherwise u will loose a big percentage of existing customers including me. Am also planning to upgrade my xz premium but xz2 not a right choice for me....
ATSnothingELSE, 02 Mar 2018Sony is way behind... This design should have come out two years ago.Trust me, sir, the XZ2 design is more convenient to hold and more character, the people just don't familiar with the WHOLE NEW design language because it is totally NEW DESIGN!
Trust me, sir, the trolls trolling Xperia XZ2 design is ugly they already start trolling from every Xperia Z flagships LONG TIME AGO because they don't use a WHOLE NEW trolling skill!
gizmo, 02 Mar 2018No 3.5 jack? Bye sony!!The 3.5mm headphone jack is now an accessory in the box.
Foxtrot2Novmbr, 02 Mar 2018Compared to the XZ2. S9 and S9+ have a definite reason to make it feel like a pure premium dev... moreMate, seriously, your whole topic is just... Bumbling or hit me to hit you back.
Anonymous, 02 Mar 2018Damn, most of your arguments are downright childish. Let's rip them one by one. 1. It's not... moreThat was brutal and fun at the same time. Let's see if thae guy/girl has a reply LOL
I've waiting for Xperia XZ1 Premium, but it is not come.
I love Sony, But It still the same old Design.
I Hope I can get the Phone like XZ Primium with OLED 4K sreen soon.
Foxtrot2Novmbr, 02 Mar 2018Compared to the XZ2. S9 and S9+ have a definite reason to make it feel like a pure premium dev... moreBro...I totally agreed when you were talking about the galaxy s9 but. You sounded like shit when you were talking about the xperia xz2.
I'll admit the fact that LCD panels are outdated.
Rest everything else was stupid.
The sound quality on Samsung might have gotten better but it will never be as good as that on Sony. The spec you were talking about was all software. Its like saying that "since xz premium is the only display with 4k hdr content it is the best"..while thats not the case.
2. Wether it was Sony or Samsung would it matter if. you are watching a video in public?!....Of course you would use a headphone.
3. The only difference between Sony and Samsung is that Samsung is trying to get its basics right i.e. improving the display,camera,software etc. while Sony is trying to stand apart from the crowd by not copying everything that Apple or Samsung does.
Foxtrot2Novmbr, 02 Mar 2018Compared to the XZ2. S9 and S9+ have a definite reason to make it feel like a pure premium dev... moreDamn, most of your arguments are downright childish. Let's rip them one by one.
1. It's not exactly a copy of HTC. If you notice, while both the U11 and XZ2 have curved backs, the curvature is different in both phones. You can see how they both reflect light different from each other. And different camera placement, FP placement etc. Up front, it's still like other Sony phones, expect we have a longer screen and less bezels.
2. Define "color correction". While OLED is the future of smartphone displays (until micro LED comes I guess), as of now it's not a matured technology unlike LCD. LCDs have no drawbacks, while with OLED, your display will
- degrade over passage of time
- risk of getting screen burn-in
- OLED lottery
At least you can use LCD displays with a peace of mind of not worrying about burn-ins. Also, you can adjust white balance on almost every smartphone display, so your claims about LCD having poor "color correction" is therefore invalid.
3. You seriously thought the phone records continuous 960 FPS videos? LOL. As of now, technology only permits you to record 960 FPS videos for 0.6 seconds. So yeah, it's not a memory hog like 4K videos and a phone with 64 GB storage is sufficient for recording 960 FPS videos. Also, you can always add an SD card should you ever run out of space.
4. Sony obviously has a wireless charging dock, what are you smoking? Go search it on Sony's website.
5. This. Has to be the most stupid thing I've read in a while. Did you know Android allows you to adjust your phone's volume, and even put it in silence? There's this useful thing called "Do Not Disturb" in every phone with Android 6.0+, or better yet, just put your phone on silence mode when you're in a meeting. This argument of yours alone proves that your just bashing Sony. Like seriously, "my phone speakers are too loud so that's too bad if I'm in a meeting, I'll go buy a phone with a crappy mono speaker so no one can hear anything"
Sony is way behind... This design should have come out two years ago.