The petroleum blue and the black are very nice looking! The whole dimension design looks balanced and top notch with these two color.
Foxtrot2Novmbr, 28 Feb 20182. Only on you. How about the others? Most people don't even know the word "HARD CASE".
3. "M... more3. Yes, the fingerprint sensor is in an awkward place, I would love to see it on the side again.
4. As I said, maybe on the next flagship. But I don't think that the logo was the problem, if it was, I really don't know what they were thinking, they could've then made it smaller, and the bezel with it.
6. Alright, you like internal storage, I like SD Cards, that's it. You're not gonna change my opinion. Most manufacturers implement it, so I don't see the problem.
7. Yeah, I kinda didn't see a surprise, the surprise was just some kind of a sneak peek. I'm savin' for the Premium model.
Sony used to have some of the most beautiful phones on the market(like Xperia Z5, XA1 and maybe SP too). I currently have an ancient Xperia M2 Aqua in use. It's not that great, but does its job as a spare phone. But now they have fucked up. The new 2018 phones look just AWFUL, especially the back sides of them. The 18:9 display makes them look stretched out and it just does not look and feel like Sony anymore, it's more like a cheap Chinese brand. Just my opinion, though.
The main reason for buying a Xperia was that it was black, angular, serious, masculine. Loved the side-mounted fingerprint reader and the flat back. Xperias looked different, and well, better than any other Android. It was literally the only Android a person with taste could buy, regardless of its rather mediocre tech and somewhat too high price.
Now Sony ruined it all.
The new Xperia should simply be called "The Humpback". It looks absolutely atrocious. Glass on the back of a phone is ugly, domed glass is horrible. Is the phone pregnant? If I buy it, will I get little phones in nine months?
Removing their single outstanding feature (unique tdesign) leaves Sony with a phone that is nothing special. Giving the phone a humpback leaves Sony with a phone I wouldn't buy even it its tech was better than the iPhone X.
Helal94, 28 Feb 2018I've used a Google pixel and essential phone with 4gb worked without a problem and were talkin... moreAnd can you tell me how did you use those two smartphones? Did you even tried on playing intensive games, splitscreen multitasking, social media communication via facebook, twitch, twitter, & etc via respective apps like the messenger, twitter app, and such, surf the web, watch youtube, etc?
BTW, can you provide me the actual memory usage app from the settings and tell me which app eats a lot of memory?
marko97sx, 28 Feb 20181. They should change it and make it flatter with a fp sensor on the side, I know, you're righ... more2. Only on you. How about the others? Most people don't even know the word "HARD CASE".
3. "Muscle memory will improve and you'll just know where to put your finger" Only if you're using a samsung galaxy s8/s8 plus/s9/s9 plus, or even the note 8. The fingerprint scanner is located at the upper portion besides the camera. It is easier to do so since you don't have to bend your fingers. Meanwhile, in the case for the xperia XZ2. The fingerprint scanner is located at the back. And is in the middle of the back! Clearly. This is a dumbness design and location for the fingerprint scanner to have!
4. Almost every smartphone manufacturer who designs the edge display have their logo move on the back. This has already been done my a lot of manufactuters. Yet sony isn't unable to follow the trend!
6. What was your phone? Of course microSD card is the solution for short storage space on android. But as an experienced android user. It is not. Let say that the microSD card gets corrupted. Other than its un-recoverable state. The storage space has been reduced down to 10% of its 100% capability. Just so you know. Android bring out the microSD card restriction on android kitkat. So even up to the latest version of android. You cannot even modify or delete the content of the SD card from the phone without requiring you to root your phone which may cause bootloops.
7. Saving? Before the MWC had began. On february 24 this year. Sony has released a teaser which they will announced 2 smartphone devices and 1 surprises. So literally, they should have annouced a third device if you say that its a 10th year anniversary of sony xperia smartphones!
Hopefully next time with tele lens, shown dual cam(iso50000), 4K screen, 1sec slo mo with audio, at least 3 mics and bigger battery(so it last longer with sound vibrations). They could also trim those bezels, 18:9 screen with bezel makes really tall phone. There are already truly bezelless phones, with apple coming close and others like samsung going also the next year(camera/sensors under screen,...). They just lag too much behind and their flagships are like unfinished. Got somebody still shot samples done with xz2?
800 euro+no 3.5mm of..+GLASS BACK PANEL= death of trends & it's remains..
Foxtrot2Novmbr, 28 Feb 2018"The looks do NOT define a bad phone". Haven't you look at the bulge? Predecessor sony smartph... more1. They should change it and make it flatter with a fp sensor on the side, I know, you're right.
2. I don't drop my phone, like... ever, so that's not a problem for me.
3. I don't think you have to look back every time you unlock your phone. Muscle memory will improve and you'll just know where to put your finger, plus, there's a ridge for it for easy finding. Plus, the under display fp sensor is hard to manufacture, costs a lot, not entirely accurate, and much slower, if you ever tried a fp sensor on the XZ1, that thing is fast, wow... Plus, I agree, it should be on the side, but I think we have to blame the US market for that. I think Sony should make a global and US version with different fp sensor locations.
4. I don't know, but, it's a start. Maybe on the next flagship.
5. It's just a tease. Personally, I like the idea, but dual cameras were never good looking on a smartphone for me. But if it's functional, sure.
6. Ok, now you're just exaggerating, in 2010 I had a smartphone with barely 256MB. Plus, Apple has it, Samsung has it, and expandable storage is just getting better and better. I personally think that making a SD card slot is better than making different motherboards with different amounts of storage. Because If you have money for just an iPhone 7 32GB, and you fill it up, and you want more, you can't get it. In this case, just pop in a SD card and you're good. It's an opinion, not a fact, I like this, and you like that, no big deal.
7. You'll get no argument there. Maybe they're saving up for the Premium, this year in fact is Sony's 10 year anniversary of Xperia. (first Xperia with Android, the X10)
car, 28 Feb 2018sony 12 mm = joke Have you not read the comments? 12 mm only in the middle! On the sides it's 6mm, thinner than an iPhone. Plus, it's 11 mm. They curved it so the consumer will have a more comfortable hold.
LIRKER, 28 Feb 2018Sony puts the fingerprint sensor on the back in favour of available the feature on US. They ca... moreThey should sell a global version with the fingerprint sensor on the side, and a US version with the fingerprint sensor on the back, I really miss the one on the side
Foxtrot2Novmbr, 28 Feb 2018Then can you explain why the Android OS takes 1GB of ram, android system takes atleast 180MB o... moreI've used a Google pixel and essential phone with 4gb worked without a problem and were talking about 4gb not 1gb
Hawk, 28 Feb 2018The front of this phone reminds me of the ZL in terms of bezels and screen ratio. I like it. ... moreI have today seen photo comparison between xz2 and s9 The quality is equal but xz2 has more natural colours
LIRKER, 28 Feb 2018I'd rather see they make longer slow-motion record than upgrading video resolution, keep the o... moreThen you'll get like 30 seconds of slo mo and that's not really interesting, what I would like to see, is like their regular slo mo to record and choose where do I want the slo mo to start