Foxtrot2Novmbr, 28 Feb 2018"The looks do NOT define a bad phone". Haven't you look at the bulge? Predecessor sony smartph... more1. They should change it and make it flatter with a fp sensor on the side, I know, you're right.
2. I don't drop my phone, like... ever, so that's not a problem for me.
3. I don't think you have to look back every time you unlock your phone. Muscle memory will improve and you'll just know where to put your finger, plus, there's a ridge for it for easy finding. Plus, the under display fp sensor is hard to manufacture, costs a lot, not entirely accurate, and much slower, if you ever tried a fp sensor on the XZ1, that thing is fast, wow... Plus, I agree, it should be on the side, but I think we have to blame the US market for that. I think Sony should make a global and US version with different fp sensor locations.
4. I don't know, but, it's a start. Maybe on the next flagship.
5. It's just a tease. Personally, I like the idea, but dual cameras were never good looking on a smartphone for me. But if it's functional, sure.
6. Ok, now you're just exaggerating, in 2010 I had a smartphone with barely 256MB. Plus, Apple has it, Samsung has it, and expandable storage is just getting better and better. I personally think that making a SD card slot is better than making different motherboards with different amounts of storage. Because If you have money for just an iPhone 7 32GB, and you fill it up, and you want more, you can't get it. In this case, just pop in a SD card and you're good. It's an opinion, not a fact, I like this, and you like that, no big deal.
7. You'll get no argument there. Maybe they're saving up for the Premium, this year in fact is Sony's 10 year anniversary of Xperia. (first Xperia with Android, the X10)
car, 28 Feb 2018sony 12 mm = joke Have you not read the comments? 12 mm only in the middle! On the sides it's 6mm, thinner than an iPhone. Plus, it's 11 mm. They curved it so the consumer will have a more comfortable hold.
LIRKER, 28 Feb 2018Sony puts the fingerprint sensor on the back in favour of available the feature on US. They ca... moreThey should sell a global version with the fingerprint sensor on the side, and a US version with the fingerprint sensor on the back, I really miss the one on the side
Foxtrot2Novmbr, 28 Feb 2018Then can you explain why the Android OS takes 1GB of ram, android system takes atleast 180MB o... moreI've used a Google pixel and essential phone with 4gb worked without a problem and were talking about 4gb not 1gb
Hawk, 28 Feb 2018The front of this phone reminds me of the ZL in terms of bezels and screen ratio. I like it. ... moreI have today seen photo comparison between xz2 and s9 The quality is equal but xz2 has more natural colours
LIRKER, 28 Feb 2018I'd rather see they make longer slow-motion record than upgrading video resolution, keep the o... moreThen you'll get like 30 seconds of slo mo and that's not really interesting, what I would like to see, is like their regular slo mo to record and choose where do I want the slo mo to start
The front of this phone reminds me of the ZL in terms of bezels and screen ratio. I like it. Don't understand all the hate. My only hate on this phone is the camera is unchanged and it's software likely the same meaning it'll be crap against its competitors.
Sigh. Used to be proud of Sony. No 3.5mm jack? You're not apple sony! iPhone user would have no choice but to buy iPhone if they want to upgrade but android? Think about it.
I'd rather see they make longer slow-motion record than upgrading video resolution, keep the old design than this new horrible design because their big bezels such a unique, flat-built mirror finish than rounded side glass. And headphone jack than nothing. I'm not a fan of headphone jack but Sony needs to hear their customers especially for their loyal fans. Not showing despise but they solved already their mistakes but at the same time, create new other mistakes.
Xz premium user, 28 Feb 2018Can somebody explain me what is the reason for mounting fingerprint on back? What is wrong wit... moreSony puts the fingerprint sensor on the back in favour of available the feature on US. They can't bring the side-mounted phones because Apple have that pattern, from what I know.
Seems like Sony engineers for some reason can't keep up with current generation technologies... They can't seem to follow the "minimal bezel" trends that even the new brand VIVO can do.
There is no reason for Sony to NOT follow the current trends other than that because most consumer wants it, and Sony knew about it.
They instead came up with this UGLY asymmetric, thick, pregnant and bulgy device called Xperia XZ2 and XZ2 compact -_-)
I still prefer the omnibalance design, or even loop design... because they differentiate Xperias from other brands unlike this new one.
Seeing this new design reminds me of Redmi Note and Zenfone lines.
FranK, 28 Feb 2018Nearly 200 g !!
And the design reminds me of my old Samsung S3 from 2011 !
Was hoping for a ... more2011
We are in on earth & not aliens
as per my knowledge year 2011 doesn't recognize
2. 960fsp 1080p Video
3. 4K HDR Display
4. 4K HDR Video Capturing
5. Bluetooth 5.0
6. USB 3.1C
7. 19MP camera
8. Wireless Charging
9. 4/6GB Ram
Can somebody explain me what is the reason for mounting fingerprint on back? What is wrong with side mounted one? I can see that ugly circles everywhere.I never wish to see that on sony. Very disappointed. Hope they won't apply this design to premium category.
Well, the design of my old xperia xz is 10x better than this phone. XZ has a unique loop design with unique touch(alkalaido). Now, this phone has a blend design and copied the htc u11's signature liquid surface.Not to mention it has whopping 11.1mm thickness. The worst part is, sony copied apple and remove 3.5mm jack. Also, fingerprint scanner location is awkwardly low. And, the same (bad)(single)camera for 3 generations??? Even downgraded front camera to cut cost??? Oh...god.
abhiram.965, 27 Feb 2018hi, did anyone know what camera sensor Sony is using?definitely it's, Sony's own developing technology revulsion in imaging world
knowing it better, 28 Feb 2018https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_sp-3d-spin-5364.phpWhat do you want to prove? Xperia sp and xpera XZ2 looks similar in your eyes? May be you should go to opthalmologist for eye check.