Funky_D, 18 May 2018Good day, Between the sony XZ2 and LG V30... Wich one do you recommend me ? Thanks,I recommend you Xperia XZ2, but remember always choose the one you love, if you love LG go for V30 but you have older chipset, older android versions, older designs, older technology, slower Internet speed and maybe save your money for short-term.
I'm not biased with a brand name, but I love Sony for stability and sturdiness of their phones. I'm regularly reading users opinion here for every new phone arrived and it seems that whenever any new Sony phone arrived people have biased with Brand start trolling Sony's phone.
- They always compare IPS LCD with AMOLED or OLED screens, and technically IPS LCD is far better than AMOLED or OLED screens.
- People start complaining about design and the same time they love iPhone design which hardly changed since iPhone 4s with big bezels on top and bottom (only exception is iPhone X).
- People complaining Battery Life with Samsung and Chinese brands, but they even don't realize that even iPhone is having lower battery than Sony's phone. And even people don't bother that in real life use how phone's hardware and software impacts on your battery life. You have to compare how much hours you required for charging by how much it last long in day to day use. I bet even with lower mAH Sony and iPhone can bit all those mega mAH phone's battery life.
- Camera :) all things are good on paper and blogs, but in real life things changed. I do admit night camera is not good in Sony's phone. Although I'd not used latest XZ series yet, so I can not say about it. But in our friend circle and in family we have variety of Brands like from Xiaomi, OPPO, Vivo, iPhone, Huawei and of cource Sony. I will give iPhone and Huawei 1st position in night mode shoot and then rest and yes worst is my Sony T2 Ultra (yes too old but still I'm using in my day to day life and don't have any issues). But if we compare day light photo shoot Xiaomi, OPPO or Vivo are worst, yes believe me their picture quality is worst compare to iPhone, Huawei and Sony (with my old 5 mega pixel). I bought Huawei 8 PRO last year cause of my budget (actually I was planning to buy XZP), but yes quite happy with Huawei Camera.
- People compare and give reference to DXO Mark wtf. The whole company is biased and not worthy. Look at current list of phones they have tested. They even tested Asus Zenfone 5 in just less than week of released, but they don't have time to test Sony XZ1, XZ1 Compact, XZ2 and XZ2 compact.
- Video oops, frankly tell me who can bit SONY in this section. 960 fps slow motion was first introduced by SONY XZP not Samsung, but Sony's marketing dept is very poor and the result is many people in the world have and image that Samsung has invented new technology (960 fps slow motion). Yes its fact, cause 90% of the smart phone user's not read GSMarena or other tech blogs.
- Built quality, you have only two brands Sony and Motorola in this section. Yes even iPhone's screen can be easily broken, ask actual teen age iPhone users how many times they used to change their screen. And Sony I don't remember how many times it falls from my pocket because T2 Ultra is 6.5" and does not fit in my pocket easily. My partner's motorola he dropped it many times from his working table but no issues. For Samsung, if every Samsung users admit from their heart you will find 80% of users have broken screen once or more time.
- Weight of phone, Samsung S9+ 189g, Samsung S9 163g, iPhoneX 174g, iPhone 8 Plus 202g while SONY XZ2 is with 198g which is hardly 10 to 20 g higher and 4g lower than iPhone 8 Plus. But don't forget that SONY XZ2 has Triluminos display and Dynamic vibration system which is adding few gms in phone.
Above are the all cases where people troll on Sony, but if they truly compare price/performance ratio and of course built quality you will find it their phones are the best. Even though I bought Honor 8 Pro, I feel like I did mistake cause of their built quality. I have to use protection cover and case which adding more than 50 gms (for low weight smart phone lovers), while for my Sony's phone I never used it.
In software I like Sony's almost stock android. Yes they need some improvement in UI to make it user friendly in Camera or Video capture section. In this department no one can bit Samsung for now a days :). Yes I do praise Samsung for their UI not for their software, their OS is too heavy and blotted. Google Pixel's OS is damm good but UI is something where Samsung beat every others.
I hate Apple, cause of their policy. They are highest profiting company just because premium price and they are charging small amounts for almost every app and if you count $1 for one app for 10 million user it is $10 million and they have 100s of apps like these. Plus every developer account is cost per year a $100 and you will find minimum 1 million developer account so 100 million they are making from developers :(.
They claim these charges for secured iOS wtf, then why jail break iOS available?
I do love Google Pixel series and google prove that even with single camera result can be the best and that is what Sony is doing for years. You can not compare Phone Photo shoots with DIGI Cams or Pro Cameras. So what ever Samsung or OPPO or Xiaomi lovers claims the best result of their photos are fooling themselves. Those photos are only good for your memories and for social media, and that is what actually we only need from our Smart Phone.
So in my opinion, If Sony make their Marketing policy and Software UI better, they can be top smart phone selling company.
And for all Smart Phone buyers my advice is just go with your requirements and budget. If your budget is higher check price/performance ratio and built quality.
Samsung and Apple will give all these at premium price which actually available at lower price from Sony, Google, Huawei and HTC.
I going to continue with my Xperia Z3, has FM radio, headphone jack, magnetic charge and isn't ugly like this new model!
Funky_D, 18 May 2018Good day, Between the sony XZ2 and LG V30... Wich one do you recommend me ? Thanks,Not only LG. Also Samsung and iPhone are craps compared by Sony. Go for Sony without thinking again. Go for Sony with closed eyes. Go for Sony and you won't regret.
Anonymous, 19 May 2018Yeah.. if you don't mind the terrible POLED display, LG's poor QC which guarantees bootloops w... moreWhat are the betterdevices with the same price range please coz i was thinking about the Sony xperia XZ2
Anonymous, 19 May 2018LG V30 without hesitation. Its a no brainer.Yeah.. if you don't mind the terrible POLED display, LG's poor QC which guarantees bootloops within 1 year, slower processor, poor camera (wide lens fitted with a tiny 16MP sensor, wtf LG?)
And honestly, there are way better phones than both the V30 and XZ2 available in the market for the same price.
Funky_D, 18 May 2018Good day, Between the sony XZ2 and LG V30... Wich one do you recommend me ? Thanks,LG V30 without hesitation. Its a no brainer.
Funky_D, 18 May 2018Good day, Between the sony XZ2 and LG V30... Wich one do you recommend me ? Thanks,XZ2
Between the sony XZ2 and LG V30... Wich one do you recommend me ?
: I Really like this phones look and specs except No FM Radio !!!
Sony finally got the screen to body ratio of the lg g3, a 4 years old phone. It can't stay on a flat surface & it is so thick that with a case it becomes a brick. The camera position is a joke.
If only xz2 stayed with the design of the xz1...
I just got it. The phone is very durable. Probably the most durable phone I have ever own. It does not bend easily. Everything is good except touch response from the screen. It doesn't seem to notice small movements like small zig-zags would appear as a straight line. I don't know how to explain but you can try it out for yourselves. Try drawing tiny loops and it would appear as a dot.
The speakers are not as loud as many phones but the sound quality is top notch. The camera does alright except for the super slo mo mode. It slo mo video in artificial lighting environment. Is that normal?
Anonymous, 08 May 2018LOL. xz2 is too heavy. elephant can't lift it. first try it. super phone and ergonomics
mogamycool, 12 May 2018Too heavy compared to its size (198 g)
Front facing cam is only 5 MP (f/2.2, 1/5")
3180 mA... moreXZ2P screen is 5.7'',weight is 198g,front camera is 5mp,battery is 3180mAh for 5.7'' screen,screen is IPS LCD(sharper than AMOLED or SUPER AMOLED or BLABLABLA LED),XZ2P has 11.1mm thickness,price is around 800 EUR
S9P screen is 6.2'',weight is 189g,front camera is 8mp,battery is 3500mAh for 6.2'' screen,screen is SUPER AMOLED(not as sharp as IPS LCD for viewing photos),S9P has 8.9mm thickness,price is CONFIRMED 868 EUR(just bought it few days back)
iPhone 8 Plus screen is 5.5'',weight is 202g,front camera is 7mp,battery is 2691mAh for 5.5'' screen,screen is IPS LCD with LED gimmick(sharp for viewing photos),iPhone 8 Plus has 7.5mm thickness,price is CONFIRMED 906 EUR(just checked from Apple premium reseller)
iPhone X screen is 5.8'',weight is 174g,front camera is 7mp,battery is 2716mAh for 5.8'' screen,screen is SUPER AMOLED(not as sharp as IPS LCD for viewing photos)iPhone X has 7.7mm thickness,price is CONFIRMED 1312 EUR(bought my fiance the 256gb version)
as you can see,every BIG BRANDS have their positive and negative specs.owh look at iPhone 8 Plus's weight...202g...owh look at iPhone X's price...1312 EUR...owh look at S9P's screen...6.2''(too big in MY opinion)...
POINT IS you will never be happy with any phone...suck it up.
Anonimus, 14 May 2018Why d heck sony is the only company who always gets criticism about undying bezels, the bezels... morethe problem is that it ISNT thick enough.im a fan of bezels.better for playing games as the distance between the palm and buttons is wide.thus reducing strain on the thumb...playing mobile legends on my S9P is awful.for an hour its okay...but for 2 hours or more i would still prefer playing on my XZP which i use mostly for games now since S9P sucks for games...
saadiq2099, 12 Apr 2018I agree with you 100% sir. Sony should had to stick with their unique sharp cornered squared d... morei can live with the aspect ratio and no headphone jack.but the design is horrible.makes it look cheap.they shouldve used the omni balance design.
and look the camera is in the middle...when all this while it has been on the corner.
mogamycool, 12 May 2018Too heavy compared to its size (198 g) Front facing cam is only 5 MP (f/2.2, 1/5") 3180 mA... moreWhy d heck sony is the only company who always gets criticism about undying bezels, the bezels are useful its houses the front firing stereo speakers and its more comfortable to hold to avoid unneccesarry touch on screen. But how bout iphone? Dey dont have stereo speakers but their bezels are way larger than xperia, how bout google pixel? How bout htc? and nokia? U people cannot find any problem with sony phones thats why u keeps on bashing about bezels, bezels and bezels. So what now if its big? P@thetic