iceman, 20 Apr 2013i think they should improved the quality of the battery and then i will say xperia z is the BE... moreYou should try this app deep battery saver, better than stamina mode app from sony. Don't forget to switch off stamina mode before used this app.
goodthings, 20 Apr 2013It's rather complicated. I'm a part-time photographer so, from my perspective, every single ph... moreYou first use any latest amoled screen from Samsung then tell anything about amoled display. S4 is natural coloured amoled, and Same time you can adjust to vibrant. (Lots of websites proved it).I agree that xperia z screen is best in their own ways.
mick, 20 Apr 2013hi guys, i've been doing lots of research and been checking the comments from users in this gs... moreGsmarena and other professional technology websites have tested the xperia z camera extensively, u can check xperia z vs HTC one review, or xperia z vs galaxy s4 review to learn more about the camera.
Asking is xperia z camera is good or not inside xperia z page will not help u because a lot of people will lie to u and some answers are given by people rented by the manufacturer for just promoting the product.
U can check the photos and videos taking by Gsmarena and compare by yourself.
mick, 20 Apr 2013hi guys, i've been doing lots of research and been checking the comments from users in this gs... moreIt's rather complicated. I'm a part-time photographer so, from my perspective, every single phone camera out there is of poor quality, as it lacks depth of field (which is only natural, due to hardware limitations). Basically, my six or seven year old canon powershot (point and shoot, 8 MP) is way better than the latest S4, XZ, HTC ONE etc etc. Actually, the difference is colossal (except for macro, where the difference is a bit less relevant). Let alone my pro cameras. So everything you'll read below, you'll have to read by keeping this point in mind.
After approx one month of use, I believe my XZ delivers good pics overall. Here are pros and cons:
- excellent quality outdoors (better than S3, S4 and, obviously, HTC - I really have doubts about the ultrapixel concept: why should I care about the amount of light when the number of points that record the information (that is pixels) is so low? It's like using a superb bowl to poor too small a quantity of wine ;) ). Such a camera should be used in 5% of cases (when you have dark areas and half-dark areas in the same pic, eg: before it gets dark outside)
- in full sun, it delivers crisp images (but again, limited DOF)
- glorious macros, even when the background is close to the subject. (but S4 delivers similar quality)
- poor macros when the subject moves a lot (an insect). You'll need plenty of light to get that right.
- for daily photos it's exceptional. Accurate colors (way more accurate than S4 and HTC). Don't get fooled by AMOLED screens. Take the pic and compare the colors on the screen to the colors in nature. There's no better test for that.
- lovely (I mean really, lo-ve-ly) color rendition (actually this is one of the reasons I bought it): when you look on the display, you see a very natural image. Comparing those infinite-contrast AMOLEDS out there with this screen is simply a joke or a marketing strategy. The difference is so big that, as I've stated before, the XZ screen looks natural, while AMOLEDS mime disney cartoons. Cartoons are nice, but they're cartoons.
One essential mention here: I KEEP MY BRAVIA ENGINE OFF. I see no reason why I should keep it on: it intensifies contrast and vibrance in such an artificial way, trying to make it resemble an amoled. It's simply silly. Without it, I consider this screen as being one of the best I've ever seen (although Sharp displays will always be my love :) ).
- mediocre quality indoors. But that's just the regular trend.
- when transferred to a computer, images lose some of the vibrance (which, again, proves that Sony has its own technology at managing color rendering by the way they treat glass)
- a bit slow for my taste, although the last update has improved it.
If you expect excellent quality and you own an amoled phone, you'll be surprised with the incredible natural feel of this screen and pics. From my perspective, it's definitely one of the best you can get out there, if not the best at the moment :)
dev77799, 19 Apr 2013I need a back up phone! xperia z battery has been sadly less than what I expected !!! honestly... moreGo For Razr MAXX HD Brother, Even After Power In Whole Town Has Ran Out, It Would Still Be Running With 50% Pending. I Do Not Know What Kind Of Pricing You Are Looking At, But If It Appears Beyond Budget, I'd Suggest Lenovo S890, I Have Personally Used It, Costs 17000 INR, Will Do The Job Till 1 At Night Has 2250MH Power House, You Can Get It On ManiacStore Or Junglee. Good Luck.
i think they should improved the quality of the battery and then i will say xperia z is the BEST!!!..
dev77799, 19 Apr 2013I need a back up phone! xperia z battery has been sadly less than what I expected !!! honestly... morehow many days have you bought your phone??? mine runs smoothly for 20 hours leaving 35%-40% which i drain by plaing games and set my phone on charge every night,
NOte 1st 12-15 charge cycles u wont get optimal battery performance..
Note 2 are u getting ur stamina mode working correctly??
if not then go to apps>all>eco mode> clear data> force stop.... then restart ur phone,
Good build quality
Water resistant phone
Good battery life
I love this phone
[deleted post]read gsmarena reviews of each phone you mentioned,and u will surely know which is the best screen.
dev77799, 20 Apr 2013yeah if same usage like urs I assume my phone would last but I guess looks like I'm unconsciou... moreI would just say that none of my previous phones, with comparable use, have ever lasted as long as the XZ with similar usage and that includes the S3, iP4s & 5, Nexus 4 and the HTC One X+. The battery is at least comparable to most out there except the Motorola which have huge capacity batteries. Whilst previous Sony phones have been lacking in battery performance on release, like the Xperia S and T, they fixed those with software updates. Optimising the battery as advised by others on here should help.
I just got the device 2 weeks ago and I have no problems at all. Sony never die !!!
Hey guy.what is the best display?super amoled,ips lcd or tft lcd display.i plan to buy htc one galaxy s4 xperia z.but not what is the best display.i 'm a beginner here.beside display could you tell me the key factors to buy these phone and good reason.please give me the answer.sorry for my english.all suggestions are highly appreciated.