I think I need to grab a new phone, I really like the looks of this phone, simple and elegant. I'm using this phone for almost one year.
- The looks is awesome.
- Camera quality is outstanding using standard camera app (I'm using some of premium third party camera app, the quality is blurry, so I think sony doing a great job with their camera app)
- Bravia quality is sick, any video become amazing!
- Water resist, I can using the phone in my bathtub.
- Battery. I'm doing many trick to reduce battery drain, but it drain battery really fast, I need to charge it 3 times a day.
- Hot. This phone going very hot even when you using it for whatsapp, when playing games, it feels like you touch a glass with hot water inside it.
- Lagging, this phone is so slow, I'm doing many tricks, but still lagging, sometimes I want to kick my phone :P
- If you're using standard room, there're lot of unused app you can't remove, e.g. I can't open walkman before updating the xperia account, in other hand that xperia account is useless.
- Bad viewing angle. It feels like old phone :P
- Over price, another smartphone got dragon trail or gorilla glass, oleophobic coating, but why sony just give us a cheap glass? even for z3?
For a comparison, a couple month ago I've octa core smartphone with same battery capacity, with octa core processor, when playing HD games, the phone just got slightly warm, and I only need to charge once a day.
In my country we have similar condition, sony is really popular with their worst after sales, even when your phone still have a guarantee, they don't want to replace with new phone, they'll repair it.
But, here, you can repair the sony phone, you must waiting 2-3 month, and some people got bad luck must wait for 6 month. that's unbelievable.
And 50% of them, got a problem after repair their phone, e.g. the phone become not water resistant, can't close back casing, camera become BSS, etc.
I choose sony because they design looks elegant, and camera quality. but I'm not interested to buy any sony smartphone, sony, z3 with that price you can add a gorilla glass!
HiRu, 10 Mar 2015Im also a sony xperia z user.I think you wont be able to use it that long.I always have to cha... morei beleive it is one of the first of it's generation (quad-core) and the companies did not developed the battery
AnonD-372737, 08 Mar 2015I am planning to buy Xperia z new but really confused about its battery issue the rest i heard... moreIm also a sony xperia z user.I think you wont be able to use it that long.I always have to charge my phone twice a day.All other features are awesome.but the only problem is the battery.
Honestly I am using this phone since one and a half year now And there are few disadvantages like -
1) phone gets overheated if you play highly graphic intended games.
2) battery gets drained if you are on wifi all day..but if on idle you can get a battery juice for 24 hrs or more.
3) viewing angles are not so good.
Other than these things this phone is amazing and has never given me any problems till now..
AnonD-372737, 08 Mar 2015I am planning to buy Xperia z new but really confused about its battery issue the rest i heard... moreI used to own this phone. On moderate usage, such as how you intend to use it, it would last a day. But with heavy usage like watching lots of YouTube or playing a lot of high end games, it won't last a whole day. Also keep in mind that the battery is non-removable.
I am planning to buy Xperia z new but really confused about its battery issue the rest i heard is this phone is amazing specs wise and a looker phone but its battery back up was poor or disappointingly low ?
Am not very power user but i do text message and whatsapp viber for hour or some browsing on net and facebook 30 min and some video streaming from youtube and likes to play games on my phone when i have time for 40min a day
Really appreciate if someone using this device give me an honest and practical answer upon its battery backup
You said you own both devices can you please tell me which device has better battery backup S4 or XZ on regular use like an hour of texting hour of browsing and playing graphical games for 40 to 50min ?
Am usin xperia z for the past 2yrs.....recently I updated to 4.4 ...its really good.....so far no complications .....if any1 plannin to buy xperia z ...dont forget to buy a charging dock with it....coz the charging port cover gets loosen after repeated opening&closing of it.....but other than that its a really good phone ...
Actually Sony is n Red, something is happening under the hood. Lollipop is max we get on all Z Xperia devices. Z4 is still in suspense to drop Z3 prices its will be launched 3rd qtr.Till then Sony change design ad storage to 32 GB. Price shud be cut, as day one prices were always too high, encashment second hand is a problem.
needhelp in sony, 06 Mar 2015Ok so far no one has tell me or answer me anything i posted people are no replying me firs... moreAns#1 yes it's is safe to update your xperia z..... I m using android 4.4.4 and not facing any problem...... Ans#2 no..... Sony is not shifting to another os......
needhelp in sony, 06 Mar 2015Ok so far no one has tell me or answer me anything i posted people are no replying me
firs... moreHello my Friend.
Answering to your questions
1. Are you saying you want to upgrade your handset from XZ to something else? or is it just an Android update?
If you have the budget yes you can upgrade to a phone of your choice.
BUT if you are referring to Official software update(Lollipop) for XZ then i guess you have to wait until May,because as SONY said it will be doing the update on its flagship series in a phased manner then here is the flow z3 >Z2>Z1>Z.
its better to have a stable release rather than lots of bugs.
Also if you want to taste lollipop then you can checkout custom ROMS on XDA for 5.0.1 and try playing around it.
2. SONY is not leaving android nor shutting down its smartphone business , but if you want to keep yourself updated with all the SONY news then i recommend you to check out
Hope i answered your questions ...
Ok so far no one has tell me or answer me anything i posted people are no replying me
first question is= is it safe to upgrade your XPERIA Z
second question is= Is SONY dropping Off ANDROID and Going to some other OS
needhelp in sony, 03 Mar 2015people i live in pakistan here we done get much phones but i have SONY WORLD HERE and i can bu... moreM from pak too..... M using xperia z from almost 1.5 years...... Kitkat 4.4.4 update is best update......
Z,ZL,ZR,Z1,Z1s,Z1compact,Z2,Z3,Z3compact , Phablet Z ultra , Tablet , Z tablet Z2 tablet , Z3 tablet compact.