Sony plz work on your ledflash and make it better or else plz give xenon flash in up coming xperia Z3
Is the Zi will get android 4.4.2 update...as anounsed that it will get around march/april
kunal, 08 Mar 2014Hi.. looking forward to buy this phone. .
Pls tell me the battery life. .
Will it last for a... moreHello, I thinking about getting this cellphone too and I've found the battery life was not as good at first, but with the update to 4.3 JB the battery life increase , you won't watch that on any review because all of then where made with the 4.2 JB, I've seen on forums people with 6-7 hours screen on and over a day.
In that thread some people make screenshots of their battery life
Shottayouth, 08 Mar 2014Not sure if you even have or have ever used the Z1 nor any of the other phones you are talking... moreAbout the cpu, the lg2 and xz1 are identical. You must have experience the same lagging performance base on your usage?
nifty_mats, 08 Mar 20141. Z1 is the best fone I've used. Everything is so buttery smooth. No lag @ all. Best device I... moreNot sure if you even have or have ever used the Z1 nor any of the other phones you are talking about.
Your rant seems rather Fanboyish.
I on the other hand have used numerous phones namely-
GALAXY S3 (i9300), GALAXY S4 (i9500 & i9505), GALAXY NOTE 2 (n7100), GALAXY NOTE 3 (n900 & n9005).
CURRENTLY USING XPERIA Z1 (c6903) and LG G2 (d802).
The following is my experience.
1. I have experienced Lag on my Z1. Not much but it stutters a bit during heavy gaming. Feel wise it is alright. I prefer the feel of the LG G2, followed by the Note 3 then the Z1.
2. The camera is very good. However I have compared with the G2 and prefer the pics on those.
3. Since upgrading to 4.3 battery life is abysmal. Firstly it takes so damn long to charge and if I get a full day's use then I'm lucky. Have resorted to installing Battery Guru to see it that helps. And I only use Wi-Fi and data. No LTE. My Note 3 while running the same Plus Bluetooth to connect to the Galaxy Gear lasted longer.
4. Screen is good for watching movies. But it still pales in comparison to the Note 3.
If you're happy with your purchase then am happy for you.
Just realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
kunal, 08 Mar 2014Hi.. looking forward to buy this phone. . Pls tell me the battery life. . Will it last for a... moreBattery life is awesome man. U can't kill the battery in a day. I do all my stuff from the fone. Browse about 7-8 hrs daily. Yet the battery drops down to about 30% till midnight. Sony's Stamina mode is the best among high-end fones I've seen.
Hi.. looking forward to buy this phone. .
Pls tell me the battery life. .
Will it last for a day with cell data on?
1. Z1 is the best fone I've used. Everything is so buttery smooth. No lag @ all. Best device I've used after the HTC ones. Samsung devices feel like crap, cartoonish in front of this one. I like the mature looks of Sony & HTC OS's.
2. Camera is so awesome. It uses the same Sony proprietary lens as used in their compact camera lineup.
3. Battery is so gud. U can't kill the battery in a day no matter how hard u try. Sony's Stamina is the best I've seen among all the high-end smartphones.
4. Screen is so gud. I downloaded a 800mb Thor DVDRip from the net. Luks so dull on my lappy. When I viewed it on my Z1, I was shocked!!! The pic quality is damn gud. Luks like Blu Ray!!! Sony has a X-Reality display engine which creates missing pixels creating awesome, crisp pics & vids. Imagine what the Z2's screen will be like with the Live LED tech.
5. Today, I surfed the net for 7 hrs, but still now @ 12 o'clock in the night, the battery is still showing 38%. I cud go on & on.
Conclusion: I'm super happy wid my purchase. I think Sony is the next big thing. Mark my words..
I am an avid follower of all features on your website, and they are very good and imformative. These days mobile cameras are improving by leaps and bounds. However progress in video shooting by mobile camera is progressing slower. Lately optical image stabilization and optical optical autofocus has been introduced by some companies and some have dual mode and some claim of extrafast contrast based autofocus. Now which one is really good is difficult to say unless someone like your website does a review.
It is easy to assess autofocus in still photograph but in video mode the quickness of autofocus and image tracking is difficult to asses. Like image tracking of a moving person or an object or vehicle in video mode.
While assessing the quickness of autofocus in video mode I recently tested Sony Xperia Z1 in a sony exclusive store. It has contrast based autofocus. In video mode I pointed the camera at my hand for a while and then shifted the lens towards distant object, it took sometime before everything ( distant objects ) were in focus. So much for sony’s contrast based autofocus in video mode in Xperia Z1. Could you please test the following phones in a similar fashion in video mode and let us know the results. Nokia Lumia 1020, 1520, 925, Sony Xperia Z2, LG optimus G2, Optimus G pro2, Iphone 5, Samsung Galaxy S5, and Samsung Galaxy Note III and any other phone you feel is worth looking at.
f_rafa, 06 Mar 2014thanks for your answer, I guess you have the 4.3, I think I'm buying this phone and I really ... moreHI all if you want to improve battery life download app called du battery saver, free from playstore, blue icon....with heavy internet usage (use 12 gb internet in a month), gaming and music phone will last you easily for entire day easily...enjoy
Bullshit ASF . Cant replace it my phone looks terrible with all that scratches. Dont trust sony.
charlie bean, 06 Mar 2014I get about 11 hours of battery life with extensive use. (of which I spend about 700 megs to 1... morethanks for your answer charlie bean, I'm guessing you have installed the 4.3 JB, I hope in the update to 4.4 Kit-Kat the battery gets better =)
Anonymous, 06 Mar 2014With normal usage i tend to get about 2 and a half days. Heavy usage just over 1 day. Very h... morethanks for your answer, I guess you have the 4.3, I think I'm buying this phone and I really hope the battery life get better in the android 4.4
Suddemly blackout, can anyone explain what might cause for the phone have that kind of problem?
the quality of the video is not good as S4 but the appearance is so nice. plus, the sound is not loud enough as S4.
Just compare with Xperia Z2 & Note3 but Z1 is the boss.
I like it, its performance, battery life too good...........
This is the best phone by far, battery life is good and lasts long. Quality pics and vids :)
nickysor, 05 Mar 2014Sw implementation of certain codecs is missing from z1. download from google play mx player, v... moreThanks a lot. Really helped a lot. MX player is doing the job fine. One more question, I get my data connection gets disconnected often. 2G. Anyone else having same issue or is it due to my service provider??
f_rafa, 05 Mar 2014Anyone could tell me how is the battery life on this phone? I wanna know how many time you spe... moreWith normal usage i tend to get about 2 and a half days.
Heavy usage just over 1 day.
Very heavy usage 12-20 hours depending if you charge your phone before you go to sleep or after you wake up.
Wi-Fi is on 75 percent of the time as it automatically turns off when you are out of range. GPS is on 24/7. according to power management in the settings screen on time is usually about 4 hours. Overall I'd say the battery life of z1 is good, but not great or bad.