cornandbeans, 04 Apr 2014Hi I was the one who posted the original comment. Actually the bigger problem of the plastic b... morefingerprints and smudges would be a problem for black colored units.. but i think white color backs or even the lime would be able to hide those...
Anonymous, 02 Apr 2014I can relate to your reasons but not that strongly. Plastic vack no issue. Bezels yeah but not... moreHi I was the one who posted the original comment. Actually the bigger problem of the plastic back is fingerprints/dust than scratches, if you understand what I mean. Plus the phone is quite thick for its phone size, probably to accommodate the battery and to dissipate heat (remember it has a Snapdragon 800). Even Moto G is easier to hold in hand!
Yes, even as an Android fan since 2010 I have to say the iPhone has unrivaled photo quality for its phone size...it's one thing iPhone can do better than Android phones for sure
Great phone ,for me there is no issues ,would prefer sony of any andriod device
Do we have a floating/split window feature in Z1 C ?
(like we have in Samsung Galaxy Grand 2)
erik2190, 31 Mar 2014Any file manager in this phone?File Commander is pre-installed.
N.A. Sofi, 03 Apr 2014Screen not an IPS panel at all, it is TFT!..IPS is a type of TFT. (the older screens used a TN-type of TFT).
N.A. Sofi, 03 Apr 2014Screen not an IPS panel at all, it is TFT!..You will not find an IPS panel without TFT matrix. Virtually all phone displays use TFT, even AMOLED does, so what is your point?
You should read up on display technology and post back here when you already understand the simplest basics.
Have used this phone for over a week now and I love it because it's excellent.I highly recommend it.
Anil B, 01 Apr 2014Hi Sony, You know i really like Sony products due to their best in class design. From almos... moreU are very rite..thts one reason I ptefer not to use Sony phones....they just dont respect customers
I had bought Z1 Compact on 31st March, in Mumbai @ Rs. 34500. Have been using it heavily from past 2 days.
1. Looks great, feels like a flagship phone (a competitor to iPhone in looks)
2. Awesome display. (720p resolution,Triluminos display,X-Reality Engine and IPS LCS screen working great)
3. Beast in performance. Very fast. Good for multi tasking. Does not get heated on heavy use.
4. Headphone output is great (using headphone Creative EP630)
5. Battery capative is good but not the best. Will have to charge daily if used heavily and will last for 2 days on moderate use.
6. Good gaming experience and Graphics (Played Temple Run, Asphalt and Subway Surfer)
7. Camera works great for shooting in daylight.
1. Both Front Glass and Rear Plastic sides are Finger print and Dust magnet. (really annoying)
2. Front Glass has a plastic coating which is not scratch resistance hence had to use a scratch guard.
3. Though the display is 4.3" diagonally, Phone length is 5". Not that compact. Sony could have saved a lot of space.
4. Speaker is mediocre (Low output and flat). Headset available within the box is not good for Music lovers.
5. Camera is terrible for low light shooting. I have also experienced Flash bleed issue.
6. Have to press Power,Volume and Camera buttons hard. (Will have to adjust)
7. lastly, many of the pre installed application are of no\little use. Whats worse is that we cannot un install\hide them.
Overall its a good phone, but has many areas to improve. My Rating : 7.5/10
looks great with shutter release,we need that for capturing a photo or video.. look like my old phone sony ercson K800, and fyi i just bought xperia z in earlier month huhuhu..
Great mini and very fast. Battery lasts 5 days with normal use! That awesome for a mobile with 2.2 quad cpu. Now, unlikely the other users, i believe that the Camera isn't so good, actually it appears to have very poor quality side by side with my previous iphone 4s,especially at day pictures. I didn't even try to compare it with 5s....! Screen also is not the best on the market. It is also a drawback to me that me battery is not removable. Other than these, the phone is perfect and speedy, so i recommend it for sure.
james2312, 02 Apr 2014Hi, great mini review.
Well still wa1ting for the Xperia Z2 compact. I compared the XZ1C size... moreI can relate to your reasons but not that strongly. Plastic vack no issue. Bezels yeah but not near critical, the display still big enough for the body, not bad.
I cancelled getting the z1c because of android, bought a BlackBerry Z10 and no regrets, maybe i look at Z2C if BlackBerry fails to come up with a high specced compact phone but i dont really wanna go back to android, its good but BB10 is better, and android apps work very well on BB10, its like having android without any of the disadvantages.
Anonymous, 02 Apr 20141. Bezel is too big. I think it is the problem of all Sony phones. This phone is as big as my ... moreHi, great mini review.
Well still wa1ting for the Xperia Z2 compact. I compared the XZ1C size with the xperia S (almost the same) and it really feels big. In my humble opinion people asking for 4,5 or more inches should buy the bigger versions. There are really people (a lot)looking for a compact version, nevertheless I think sony is on the right way. Other companies like Samsung and LG simply cannot offer such specs at this size and are trying to fool customers with their high end phablets. Please don't get me wrong, there is a huge market for the galaxy S5 and co, but please not at such prices. There is nothing special at offering such advance hardware on huge phones. Now back to Sony, I think they could accommodate even a 4,5" inch display in a smaller phone. Well on the Z1C the bezel is simply too big. The rear plastic finish is a very bad solution, if sony could not equal the Z1 material then it should have made the plastic mate. And about the camera, only a few people really complain about it. I think more owners should/will see in time that 20 MP are not such a big thing since sony´s camera software (I do not have another explanation) is doing a regular job. A comparison with the iPhone camera quality is well chosen. To me, the iPhone 5S produces cleaner pics. Well as I said before still waiting for the Z2C. Greetings.
had a hands on with z1 compact a while back and the camera is great.. really great hd quality.. and the features info eye, burst mode, superior auto mode and AR is awesome.. can't wait to have this....
1. Bezel is too big. I think it is the problem of all Sony phones. This phone is as big as my mum's Moto G (4.5"). It does not feel compact at all..I feel a bit cheated. Expecting next phone to be the REAL compact phone.
2. Many people complained about LED bleed issue, but I don't think I have this problem...I expected better camera quality though. I don't really use my phone to take photos, so I don't really mind, but if the next compact phone has similar photo quality to iPhone, I'm sure it will become a bestseller.. I can dream right?
3.I can't believe Sony cheapened out on the material and used plastic.. this is unforgivable tbh. After reading so many comments about scratches I had to be really careful handling it until I got a new case. How can you make a flagship phone this fragile???
4. Speakers are too quiet and quality isn't good either. It's even hard to hear the phone ringing in my bag or pocket. I can barely hear the music when taking shower. Being waterproof is one of the reasons why I bought this phone. What a shame.
5. I think there is problem with focusing! In dark/bright situations, 8 out of 10 times the camera either cannot focus or gets out of focus. Does anyone have the same problem? I have tested with CM and Slim camera.
Anil B, 01 Apr 2014Hi Sony, You know i really like Sony products due to their best in class design. From almos... moresupport you as the z1 compact camera really need to b improved by sony. htc desire 600 is even better though it's just 8mp. the front n back camera of desire 600 takes brighter shot. sony z1 compact front n back too much noise for shots' indoor especially night scene. i say this because i own both the phone. hope sony update the firmware soon to fix!