erik2190, 31 Mar 2014Any file manager in this phone?I dont have Z1C but all my Xperia phones came with Astro file manager preinstalled. Anyway, downloading and installing ES File Explorer is one of the first things to do when you got a new Android phone, its a lot better than any crap explorer that comes preloaded on any Android phone.
shiv1783, 31 Mar 2014Would somebody tell me what is battery life of this device based on gaming and music 2 hrs of NFS Most Wanted on max brightness uses around 2/3 of battery life. 1 hr of music (headphones output, low to medium volume) takes around 7% of battery
erik2190, 31 Mar 2014Any file manager in this phone?no, but you just download one from play store
lovely phone. i really enjoy the vibrate feature even better when its jammed in my pink cheerio.
Would somebody tell me what is battery life of this device based on gaming and music
Viwa, 30 Mar 2014Does Xperia Z1 Compact supports TV Out via MHL Cable? As per GSM Arena specifications, it supp... moreYes it does. I tried it with a cheap MHL adapter from a friend who bought it for a SGS2. It worked at least with 720p output. I don't remember if I looked for 1080p upscaling. Note: MHL requires use of the USB charger. No output until you plug it in.
I also used Miracast on an LG TV.
Anomynous, 29 Mar 2014Removable battery has only disadvantages, first of all it (usually) makes a phone less premium... morewow flaws...i just need a smart phone aesthetics and visual candy not priority
After the update (kitkat??) phone drops bluetooth connection in car or speaker simply doesn't switch to car's speaker. Never happened before... fix it!!!
My z1 compact also last for 2 days..and working great. Everything works fine.
This phone could last at least 2 days, so there should be no reason for one not to charge it. Making it with removable battery would be senseless.
after updation(kit kat) voip call not supporting ..(madeenagulf.biz) i am from dubai...any one help me
Does Xperia Z1 Compact supports TV Out via MHL Cable? As per GSM Arena specifications, it supports. Can anyone please confirm me?
About to buy coming friday.
I love SONY. I have every product of Sony only, Laptop, Pen Drive, Sony Bravia TV, Music System, Head Phones, Mobile (Xperia Ray), MP3 Player.
The most common misunderstandings about removable batteries:
1. You can carry a spare
- Not a good reason, a portable power bank has several advantages and if used frequently a powerbank will make one non removable battery live longer than 10 removable ones.
2. You can pull the battery if the phone is hanging.
- Bad reason, you can force a restart by pressing and holding power+vol.up buttons, and Z1Compact even has a restart button hidden beside the usb port.
3. By having a spare you can fully cycle the batteries (meaning fully discharge one before you replace it with the other)
- Very wrong, that was true 20 years ago with nickel batteries but li-ion batteries showuld NEVER be cycled, full discharge is damaging the batteries severely, in fact this is why batteries lose more than 20% capacity after only 300 charge/discharge cycles. Always try to charge when the battery reaches 40%, and even better if you try to never charge it to more than 80%. Get a power bank, they cost less than spare batteries and is your battery's best friend for a long and healthy life.
Finally i like to say, or repeat actually: Removable or not, NEVER cycle a battery, never fully discharge, if your battery goes below 20-30% and you cannot charge it is best to turn off the phone until it can be charged to avoid irreversible damage. Remember, every time your battery is almost empty or almost full it is being damaged, stay between 40 and 80% if you plan to keep your phone for a while.
zayn, 29 Mar 2014what's wrong with the non-removable battery? can someone explain to me?Removable battery has only disadvantages, first of all it (usually) makes a phone less premium, like the mentioned BlackBerry, on the Z10 you can see the line where the body meets the back cover, and it even has a tiny glitch on top and thats bad, it reduces the quality impression of the phone. You dont see this kinda flaws on iPhones and Xperia flagships.
Second, removable makes phones slightly thicker, or like in Samsungs case they dont get thicker but compromises the rigidity. In the same thickness one could have fitted a slightly larger non-removable battery. LG G2 is the perfect example of squeezing in a really big battery that would have been impossible if it were removable.
zayn, 29 Mar 2014what's wrong with the non-removable battery? can someone explain to me?Nothing wrong. In fact i wish my new blackberry had non removable battery, the removable back cover makes it less premium.