1. Bezel is too big. I think it is the problem of all Sony phones. This phone is as big as my mum's Moto G (4.5"). It does not feel compact at all..I feel a bit cheated. Expecting next phone to be the REAL compact phone.
2. Many people complained about LED bleed issue, but I don't think I have this problem...I expected better camera quality though. I don't really use my phone to take photos, so I don't really mind, but if the next compact phone has similar photo quality to iPhone, I'm sure it will become a bestseller.. I can dream right?
3.I can't believe Sony cheapened out on the material and used plastic.. this is unforgivable tbh. After reading so many comments about scratches I had to be really careful handling it until I got a new case. How can you make a flagship phone this fragile???
4. Speakers are too quiet and quality isn't good either. It's even hard to hear the phone ringing in my bag or pocket. I can barely hear the music when taking shower. Being waterproof is one of the reasons why I bought this phone. What a shame.
5. I think there is problem with focusing! In dark/bright situations, 8 out of 10 times the camera either cannot focus or gets out of focus. Does anyone have the same problem? I have tested with CM and Slim camera.
Anil B, 01 Apr 2014Hi Sony, You know i really like Sony products due to their best in class design. From almos... moresupport you as the z1 compact camera really need to b improved by sony. htc desire 600 is even better though it's just 8mp. the front n back camera of desire 600 takes brighter shot. sony z1 compact front n back too much noise for shots' indoor especially night scene. i say this because i own both the phone. hope sony update the firmware soon to fix!
You know i really like Sony products due to their best in class design. From almost 4years i am following your phones and really like to buy one of them. Recently i started looking at them and thought to buy Z1 compact. But after seeing all the reviews, i painfully gone to LG G2. I constantly hear two things
1) Camera is not good from a Sony phone
2) Customer support is worst.
See i wouldnt have bothered if camera is not good while release because i would expect it will be fixed. But from lot many people i heard you are not considering the problems of customers. This is where i was needed to move to other phone.
I want to give this feedback specifically because i was forced to not buy this phone due to your bad support for your customers.
I think it is good to have Non-removable battery, because the thing is u dont have to pick up few parts of your mobile phone if it fall on floor :) i know some1 will say that im idiot for saying that, but if your samsung galaxy s4 accidently fall on floor, ull have 3 pieces and easily in crowd some1 step on it and breaks it..its less chance some1 will step on it if its in one piece. happend to me once with my xperia x8 and my back mask was broken ..its just my opinion so dont flame now ty
erik2190, 31 Mar 2014Any file manager in this phone?I dont have Z1C but all my Xperia phones came with Astro file manager preinstalled. Anyway, downloading and installing ES File Explorer is one of the first things to do when you got a new Android phone, its a lot better than any crap explorer that comes preloaded on any Android phone.
shiv1783, 31 Mar 2014Would somebody tell me what is battery life of this device based on gaming and music 2 hrs of NFS Most Wanted on max brightness uses around 2/3 of battery life. 1 hr of music (headphones output, low to medium volume) takes around 7% of battery
erik2190, 31 Mar 2014Any file manager in this phone?no, but you just download one from play store
lovely phone. i really enjoy the vibrate feature even better when its jammed in my pink cheerio.
Would somebody tell me what is battery life of this device based on gaming and music
Viwa, 30 Mar 2014Does Xperia Z1 Compact supports TV Out via MHL Cable? As per GSM Arena specifications, it supp... moreYes it does. I tried it with a cheap MHL adapter from a friend who bought it for a SGS2. It worked at least with 720p output. I don't remember if I looked for 1080p upscaling. Note: MHL requires use of the USB charger. No output until you plug it in.
I also used Miracast on an LG TV.
Anomynous, 29 Mar 2014Removable battery has only disadvantages, first of all it (usually) makes a phone less premium... morewow flaws...i just need a smart phone aesthetics and visual candy not priority
After the update (kitkat??) phone drops bluetooth connection in car or speaker simply doesn't switch to car's speaker. Never happened before... fix it!!!
My z1 compact also last for 2 days..and working great. Everything works fine.
This phone could last at least 2 days, so there should be no reason for one not to charge it. Making it with removable battery would be senseless.