AnonD-448830, 22 Oct 2015@ Z1compact owners, any one faced screen cracking or back glass cracking for no apparent rea... moreZ3 compact does not have such issues. BTW Z1 Compact does not have back glass. Back is plastic.
@ Z1compact owners,
any one faced screen cracking or back glass cracking for no apparent reason in z1c?
(which is the case of Z3c)
Cuz Iam goin to buy it. So I thought I shud take suggestions first.
I've heard Z3 compact had lot of overheating, connectivity, and screen cracking issues..
please letme know if this the same case with z1 compact.
I am not bothered about updates. What I want is a (compact)phone which doesn't crack, overheat, improper functionality...and other issues. and I like Sony UI the most.
Anas , 28 Sep 2015I do not like lollipop at all (5.1.1)
Can i get a guide how to downgrade ??
Please anyone... moreflashtool is the tool you need, but you need to download the firmware first
search for tutorial in xda or youtube
AnonD-451649, 11 Oct 2015 I bought it a few days ago and I must say I'm delighted with it. It's very stable, fast and e... moreHello sir I need to upgrade my android version now I m using 4.4.4.... It's sucks the battery.... Wt can I do?! Upgrade or downgrade
Anonymous, 17 Oct 2015And yet the "old" is getting android M and is better than the z3 compactWow! Is it getting Android M? Well, that's great news! Where did you find that info?
Anonymous, 17 Oct 2015If I were you I would have bought the Z5 Compact or Z3 Compact. I mean that Z1 Compact is old.And yet the "old" is getting android M and is better than the z3 compact
AnonD-451649, 11 Oct 2015 I bought it a few days ago and I must say I'm delighted with it. It's very stable, fast and e... moreIf I were you I would have bought the Z5 Compact or Z3 Compact. I mean that Z1 Compact is old.
Upgraded to lollipop 5.1.1 and battery lasted 3 days with minimal use. Only when I used heavy wifi connection that the battery lasted more than a day. I'm extremely satisfied with the cellphone.
AnonD-451649, 11 Oct 2015 I bought it a few days ago and I must say I'm delighted with it. It's very stable, fast and e... moreFor your information the back panel of this phone is plastic and front is dragontail glass. The back is plastic hence gets scratched easily.
AnonD-451649, 11 Oct 2015 I bought it a few days ago and I must say I'm delighted with it. It's very stable, fast and e... moreCame with 4.4 and you expected 4.3? Do you live under a rock? Android 5.0.2 was released in April and 5.1.1 released just last month. Does time stand still forever in your place?
Goüz, 12 Oct 2015question!!...is the display, scrach resistant?, I´ve a gorilla glass (moto), and for me ... morethere is what they called anti shatter film that covers the glass, it is a plastic that can easily scratch. if you will going to remove the anti shatter film the sony logo on the top will be remove also, but you get a shiny glass (dont know if it is dragontail or corning gorilla glass)
AnonD-451649, 11 Oct 2015 I bought it a few days ago and I must say I'm delighted with it. It's very stable, fast and e... morenice review, maybe u should upgrade the phone to android 5.1. I heard it brought a lot of improvement
question!!...is the display, scrach resistant?, I´ve a gorilla glass (moto), and for me works great for it....thanks
I bought it a few days ago and I must say I'm delighted with it. It's very stable, fast and even in movies it didn't heat. But it came with 4.4.4 instead of 4.3 as I expected. Reading some reviews online about how much it literally kills the battery life, I wanted to downgrade, but I waited a little longer to see how it acts.
21h and 14m past since the last charge, I spoke around 70 min. and used the screen for about 2 hours (net surfing, messages and that's all; I should mention that stamina mode, location based Wifi, low battery mode and queue background data were activated) and nou the battery is at 65%. I believe it's decent for any phone user, plus, I don't use the phone that much so this one is ok for me. Oh, and the brightness was set on auto. I also watched the first time I charged the phone at Pixels, to see how the phone acts and how much battery consumes, it consumed around 21% and no heat at all. Now, pros and cons:
- super design, except for the volume button placed next to unlock button, a little small for my taste
- amazing screen, very clear images
- super stable system even though everyone complains about it, fast running, no bugs!
- I don't know if it's implied or not, but I am using nano-sim instead of micro-sim and works like a charm (I believe those types are not the same, right?)
- The back is made of glass, very good to prevent overheating but easy scratchable. It can be corrected easily using a cover (I'm using Nillkin Frosted Shield)
- The 20 mgpxl is a little bit dissapointing in low light conditions, makes good photos even then, but not with the same detail. The front camera is decent.
- Battery was greater in reviews, maybe it's because of the android version. I will try to downgrade in the next few days and see how the battery life will change. But even now, I don't have anything to complain, it's decent for me.
As a conclusion, best buy. I would give it a 8.5/9 out of 10. Cheap and excellent. Good job, Sony!
Anas, 10 Oct 2015will Xperia Z1C get android 6??well, it's not clear yet .. but probably not .. the officially announced list by Sony doesn't include Z, Z1, or Z1C from the Z Series.
However, there are some rumors that we might get it later, after releasing to latest devices first .. who know .. !
I think just Waite for 1month u can getarshmallow operating system will comes soon to Sony products..
AnonD-447936, 05 Oct 2015Well... M4 Aqua or Z1 compact? Which one has the better performance and Battery life? Also, do... morei have both xperia m4 aqua and xperia z1 compact.
xperia m4 aqua huge disadvantages
* overheating (not normal overheating) while z1 compact does not overheat even if your playing hard game.
* poor camera quality both front and back especially on low light (even if you will going to use flash)
xperia m4 advantages
* using ip68 tech as waterproof and dustproof. no need to worry on always removing the cover on the charging port whenever you will going to charge because there's no cover on the charging port but still waterproof.
* loud speaker (but whenever you drown the phone underwater you need to wait atleast 30mins because speaker will go low. [silent, no sounds at all] because of the water on the speaker grill
* good battery life [xperia z1 compact is better]
z1 compact disadvantages
* speaker is low
* small screen 4.3 Inches
z1 compact advantages
* i can say that it can take decent photos both front and back
* better battery compared to xperia m4 (although m4 has a good battery back up)
* nice display
* no lags
for me, i will choose xperia z1 compact. overheating and poor camera on xperia m4 are annoying