Dear friends, a little bit of research for those who want to buy phones. I discovered that every single android phone is prone to heating and battery life problems, there is no perfect phone. This is what the manufacturers have plagued us with. Also consider the following:
1. APPLE iPhone and ipads have the fastest software on a smartphone, period. However they are quite pricey, and do not use android.
2. NOKIA lumia phones have the best camera on a smartphone, period. However the software on their phones are windows mobile, not android.
2. HTC ONE series have the best lcd display on a phone, period. They offer the best android phone experience.
3. SAMSUNG Galaxy phones have the best amoled display on a phone. But this screen could break easily. Samsung Galaxy Note series are good. It's just a bit lower than the htc one series due to touchwiz interface.
4. XIAOMI phones offer the best phone experience on a budget. Period. If you are on a budget, with not much cash to spend on a phone, get the Xiaomi .
5. SONY Xperia phones have average screen displays. Not bad phones, but too pricey for average experience on offer. Look elsewhere.
6. LG phones have seemingly great specs on paper, but have bad construction and quality of materials. Avoid like the plague.
7. MOTOROLA phones ensure you would be the first to get latest version of android. However be warned that build quality is on par with LG phones. Yes, stay away, the risks outweigh the gains.
By the way this is sent from my Sony xperia z1 compact phone of about 2 years.
I upgraded my z1 compact to marshmallow .if my put in silent mode,notification can't in silent. It always vibrate .it's very irritating. Wat s the solution ???
any one here changed it's battery ? i have been using it from last 3 years no problem but now its battery is draining so quickly .
I absolutely adore my Xperia Z1,it's totally robust, reliable,fast,dead easy to use and has not let me down once. What the hell are you lot giving out about? Get avg sec on your phone and keep your cache clean. I'm an IT worker and this is the first piece of hardware/software I've ever had the pleasure of owning that actually impressed me. End of.
This z1 compact phone is a big scrap. I have mine for 1yr and 4mos. The first 2 months, my plug for headset doesn't work but I failed to bring it on the service center and now it easily drain the battery and doesn't load my messages. I took my fone on the sony service center and the technician told me that they have to change the motherboard and battery that costs for php 13,550. And for 3 weeks, still no progress on the repair because they still have to wait for the approval of the insurance because I paid for 1 yr xtended warranty. I've been using sony phone ever since. But now, I switched to an another brand.
Just bought this phone 2nd hand. Loving it so much until I tried to charge it using the magnetic cable... Too bad I didn't realize the polarities and charge it upside down. Now its burnt and wont start at all. Thats RM550 down the toilet bowl.... 😢😢
Aweful phone. Does not do what it says on the box. IP58 classified but dies from being cleaned with a damp cloth. Screen cracks inside a protecting case with gorilla glass on. USB connection and/or inbuilt battery dies, cannot be recharged, cannot access content. All in 18 months, phone not even paid for yet.
Engineered obsolescence (expensive thrown away phone)
Changing to Fairphone
Just reset your to factory setting if you having any problem. Battery drain fast if the network are weak, just off the lte if no needs of fast data. Not a perfect phone but yet one of the best powerful small phone which are rare in the market right now.
Tm, 17 Dec 2015I upgraded my Z1 compact to 5.1.1 and it started loosing network connection. It indicated conn... moreHey...me too...i updated to 5.1.1 nd i have no network now... Even though phone is reading da sim
I have also lost my camera quality
if u found out anything to make it right...pls tell. . Cause i love dis phone
Why did you throw away your bill??? The most important thing about the shopping is to store all the bills. Because every people who aren't stupid knows that if you have problem with the item you bought they will talk to you only if you have the bill... You are the accountable of your problem, not the SONY.
main board is broken after 1 year and 5 months of usage. no chances of recovering data that is still in the phone :(
Anonymous, 17 Apr 2016Do not buy this, or any Sony phone! After sales service and support is beyond woeful.my z1C has an auto shutdown problem.the phone says it's temperature is too high and it needs to cool down.but actually the device dosen't even get warm.it automatically turns off before a minute after powering on.battery temperature is shown above 70 degrees most of the times.i contacted the nearest sony service center and they were like never heard of it before.so i went to the service center and talked about my problem.but what they told me was the most ridiculous reply i have ever heard.''sony won't repair xperia z1 compact and z ultra and there is only exchange offer available for these two models''.
what ?? what am i to do now ? my phone shuts down by itself for no reason and the people who should repair it are saying they won't do it because sony says so. please someone tell me what to do now.for the exchange offer to be done i must have the bill - which i threw away with trash!!
Thehotair, 05 Apr 2016I have almost used this phone for two years. Now I have a big problem with the battery which d... moreI also have the same problem, battery power burn very fast and the phone become a hand warmer after upgraded to 5.1.1. Then I tried the "restore to factory" in backup & restore and it performed very well now. Hope it can help.