Well, I've been a Sony user for a long time and so far, their phones are amazing. I recently did an update to lollipop and the UI as well as performance is just amazing... you guys should try it out. I understand that immediately after installing the new update, it is slightly slow and somehow annoying coz of lagging and heating BUT also I found out that it is running thousands of operations at the background like restoring t your previous data as well as apps. The message app is pretty heavy so be gentle on the phone. Once the restoration is complete, you'll enjoy the new update like never before
Ever since I bought the Z2 I've had numerous issues with the phone! I'm actually thinking of switching over to HTC! I've always only ever used Sony but I'm seriously thinking of switching to another brand now.
- The Z2 I have has horrible connectivity issues! My phone shows full bars for connectivity but no one can get through. The phone busy alert is sent to anyone who call seven if I'm not on a call.
- When anyone does manage to get through the microphone is so bad that they can't hear me and it sounds like I'm talking from far away. Everyone in my contact list complains that the volume is low even with the background noise suppression option turned on.
- The phone heats up really really fast! 5 min call and I can't keep the phone to my ear its that hot!
- Constant connectivity drops in places where there shouldn't be any drops. Everyone around me has full phone signal but I'm down to 1 or zero bars.
Anyone else have these issues with the phone?
kielvin , 08 Apr 20151. I think the volume has decreased a little, optimized for the device. The previous was a bit... moreWhat you mean about caliberation and charge my z2 now battery performance leaks how to fix that ?thanx in advance
Best phone on market.
Cool looks. Super fast.
Great camera and video recording.
Amazing soud especially through noise cancelling headphones.
No problems whatsoever been using for 6 months now.
Well done Sony.
AnonD-67553, 08 Apr 2015Just try to repair through sony companion in pc and please i need you feed back what is happen... moreThere's nth wrong with my phone, jz that Sony's version of lollipop is so.
kielvin , 08 Apr 20151. I think the volume has decreased a little, optimized for the device. The previous was a bit... moreThanks for the information bro! Let's hope better android version in the future for xperia z2.
they fix and reduce the heating problem in lollopop update...its only normal heat now..
AnonD-357627, 08 Apr 2015I just updated mine today to 5.0.2. I didn't get it on the air; instead, I got it updated via ... morePlz..tell about the battery life in lollipop... It has been the best battery life in 4.4.2...when compared to 4.4.4...!!!!
want z2, 08 Apr 2015hey have you tried recording 4k video for 5mins most people comlain its getting ver hot and sh... moreIt swithces off the camera to cool down after filming 4k for ~5mins. The phone becomes very hot, but works well except that camera doesnt work for a while till the phone cools down a little bit.
No match, best option in price range. Never ever heated, my old S4 and one x use to heat and battery drain problem. I'm 100 times more satisfied with my Z2. Truly blessing
vikkygame, 08 Apr 2015Same here.. I din't know this is by default or actually a problem??its a problem ive been reading on sony forum all there complains and no fix thats why i want to ask in these forum also...i really like to buy but i think sony has no fix on overheating
sebiru, 05 Apr 2015Hallo z2 users and those planning to buy it, yesterday I bought a new phone z2 experia LTE,pr... morehey have you tried recording 4k video for 5mins most people comlain its getting ver hot and shuts down is it true pls try if you have z2......thank you
Anonymous, 06 Apr 2015any one having blackout problem with their z2. I am relatively new Sony user. z2 is my first x... morehey did you try recording 4k videoon your sony many complains it gets very hot and shuts down at around 5mins.....is it true?pls reply
is overheating issue and battery drain already been fix ?pls reply im planning to buy..thank you.....
Does anyone have problems with the microphone on this device? The calling party seems to be having some troubles hearing me as my voice sounds a bit low while I'm talking...
I downloaded 5.0 through sony pc companion but after that in installation time it says that " update is not available for your mobile"......... . anybody help me.... Please!
Dragon, 08 Apr 20151. Do you notice that the speaker volume has decreased?
2. I feel that with lollipop the dev... more1. I think the volume has decreased a little, optimized for the device. The previous was a bit louder though you can feel the vibrations on the device strong enough to make me think that it could damage the device or the sheets of glass separate. I found the best volume to be 60% and above (four press-downs from full volume). In general, the sound was put down a bit for optimized use, not a bad thing here. Though it could be of the water that has remained in my device because I dipped it a few hours ago, most likely not.
2. I think the heat is just the same as on KK, though the first time I ran it the installation left my device hot as hell.
Also for some people claiming that the Z2 heats faster, the Z2 does not heat any faster than others. It's just the glass that gets more heat. Talk about heat transfer. Plastic vs glass.
3. I do noticed that the battery has gotten a bit worst from 5 minutes per 1% with WiFi on and web browsing to 3 minutes per 1%. I think a calibration and a few charges should fix this, I had my first charge and it went back to the usual 5 minutes.
4. Yes, the autofocus seems to be really slow for the device. Had tested a G3 and I think it has something to do with its laser and for the Z2, the