AnonD-314354, 01 Oct 2014HELP HELP HELP..
Hello..M fond of Xperia Z2..no doubt that its the best phone of Sony.But aft... moreI agree.. I'm a Sony fan as well. As I said before, the phone design is amazing. Performance is excellent. Camera is extraordinary.
However, or phones go through hell! We drop them and put with our keys in our pockets, purses, etc..
Sony phones, as far as my family and I experienced, are not that reliable when it comes to ruggedness.
Don't rely on the drop tests that you see on YouTube. This is not a professional way to examine products. Products should be under heavy test doping them simultaneously from different angles on different surfaces.
From our experience, Samsung and HTC are the most durable phones.
Though samsung's phones are made of cheap material, but it lives longer than its Sony rivals.
I love Sony, but they should not miss less people like this. If it's a rugged phone then it should handle heavy drops.
I remember when Sony used to design sports Walkman ( the yellow ones). Now they were really rugged and heavy duty. My brother in law dropped his Walkman and horse cart walked on it but nothing happened to that amazing device.
Now, rugged means a drop from 1.5 m only?
And believe,it got broken from a much smaller drop. And the warranty won't cover it. Also it cost a lot to fix it..
AnonD-317131, 08 Oct 2014you can download in playstore a new launcher, that will make you select those things you are m... moreYes that is true, we can downloaded from Play store but why don't they do that from the box allready like the others. You see thats what boders me Sony wants to be unique but that is why some of the buyers will not buy it.
I still have the C905 Cyber-shot and the K800i Cyber-shot and let me tell you these phone are superb just the screen is to small for the today's purpose.
Well who ever has it i hope that they injoy in it. Have a greate day.
AnonD-305805, 10 Oct 2014Bought this beauty in white colour last week for a little over 400 euros. I've waited for the ... moreIn addition for what you have said i test it under water three times from the first day i bought just to ensure that its not a faulty unit ;) and also make sure that it doesn't have any gaps between the display frame and the body
Got the phone recently in white with 400 dollars but was disappointed on not receiving noise cancelation headphones, everything is fine with the phone. Will give detail experience when i set it up
I left my phone open on my fb account for a while but when I got back, it wouldn't open, why is that? My phone automatically shuts down and I can't open anymore.
Bought this beauty in white colour last week for a little over 400 euros. I've waited for the Z3 but compared to the Z2 it doesn't have a nice LED light, has more prominent stereo speakers, does NOT have accurate colour representation and bluish white screen, (yes you can tweak it with white balance but it degrades brightness and contrast!), a 100 mAh less battery and most important it cost 200 euros more I would say the Z2 is by far the best choice.
About the device: every time I pick it up it still amazes me. The premium build quality feels so extremely well in hand, it's amazing! I bought a Rhinoshield screenprotector for both the front and back and it feels even better, very sturdy. I really recommend it over a hardcase. It's so gorgeous.
- NO sometimes mentioned 'gap' between frame and screen. It alligns perfectly
- NO heating issues when using the camera for extended periods. Haven't tried 4K though.
- Feels great in the hand. It depends on how big your hands are I guess, mine are pretty big so I can even use it with one hand. I just don't find it too bulky as some people mention.
- speakers are quite rich and loud enough, so are ringtones
- noise cancellation headset blew my mind, they work perfectly and provide rich sound and bass.
- battery life is great, up to 2 days of normal/ slightly heavy usage. Not a gamer here though.
- Magnetic charging dock works very well, and eliminates the possibility of broken flaps after a while. Magnetic charging time is comparable to normal charging method.
- A double tap to wake the screen is a really handy feature.
- Camera quality is very good. If you like just take your time to get even better pictures in manual mode.
- No lags and stutters, I find user experience as just as fluid as my iPad Air, didn't have that feeling with former android devices.
- FM radio and Sony's Walkman Player are great
- call quality is fine, handsfree calling goes quite loud.
- Power button doesn't feel nicely. When you press it, it doesn't give you a nice feedback, it is too small. However, you can partly resolve this problem with Tap to Wake feature.
- When playing music at loudest through the speakers, it feels a bit fragile, you can feel the screen of the device vibrating somewhat. I doubt it affects the build quality though.
NOTE: I didn't test if it's really waterproof. I'm not the guy the goes out there looking for trouble and seeking the limits of an electronic device. I like the idea that a few drops of rain won't harm the device but I won't be testing it in a pool or something. If the flaps spontaneously open due to water pressure or whatever you're in trouble.
So, If your looking for a premium build flagship device with great design which doesn't cost too much I fully recommend the Xperia Z2!
lola, 09 Oct 2014hey guys, i have intrests in this phone, but i compared it on gsmarena with galaxy note 3, why... moreZ2's camera is awesome I also printed some of my photos & they really looked good.
lola, 09 Oct 2014hey guys, i have intrests in this phone, but i compared it on gsmarena with galaxy note 3, why... moreCamera is awesome dont compare it with plastic Samsung phones... Sony is way better than samsung. Buy Xperia Z2 its the best.
hey guys, i have intrests in this phone, but i compared it on gsmarena with galaxy note 3, why is there so much difference in camera quality? i find it shocking cuz note 3 is 13mpx nd z2 is of 20mpx! can you guys advice me bcuz im confused..thank you!
How does smart black light control works in z2? I tried hard all the way but didn't find any result. Help me
char24, 07 Oct 2014Anyone upgraded to this mobile from a Samsung S3 or S4? Was it a good upgrade?Yes. I am Samsung S4 user before but I switched to Sony Xperia Z2. Specs of Sony is really great than my S4. It was a great choice for me,
This is a great phone, from top to bottom it was truely amazing.
I was a Samsung S4 user before but when I fell inlove and stay forever with Sony Xperia Z2.
AnonD-35447, 07 Oct 2014It is bad screen so don't badger ok. I have the Nokia 701 and Optimus g pro and the colors a m... moreyou can download in playstore a new launcher, that will make you select those things you are missing in this one...I have been using Nova launcher and it does let you makes those changes.
great z2 i tested it in the sea true water proof and camera very clear.
Prashant, 08 Oct 2014Ok,so what is your opinion about S5?S5 must be a great phone but sorry i can't comment on that as i haven't used it. It's really good to see in today's world that we've so many options to choose from.