An excellent phone and why are peaple need to record in 4k!!!! You dont have a screen that support 4k yet ( its available in the market but i am sure only the rich peaple have them). So there is no use to record in 4k, just record in full HD now and enjoy the vibrent and excellent quilty sony offers you now in this era. Trust me in the future when 4k will domenait every house which i think at least 5 years, then think of recording in 4k ;)
VanHelsing, 05 Jul 2014I have some questions about this phone. I am planning to buy this phone, but before i do, i ju... more1. That gap is a statistical production fault...every model ever produced by any company has those...when buying just check the phone visually for may be faults and you ll be ok
2. No it isn't. On the contrary it is on top in overall performance, besides S5. S5 has faster autofocus, better daylight photo with somewhat less noise, and video with slightly better pixelization, but you will not notice the difference at all , except if you zoom to max, which few people bother about. On the other hand, Z2 is better performer in low light conditions, and daylight stills capture more detail as it's postprocessing doesn't oversaturate as much as S5, and video has more Mbps so it is more fluid looking, and has stabilisation option which other flagships dont, so videos don' look as shaky... In my preference those details are more important for video.
3. Overheating issue was only reported with 4k video recording, but it is a case with every 4k camera, be it S5, G3, etc....solution is in high speed sc card. But I do salute people recording video in 4k which is a gimmick only, as a minute of it takes about 800 mb or so...You will only use it once and give up on it...Heating is reported on heavy gaming also and processing hungry apps, but as said all phones have that issue... If a game or an app is not well optimised...You will sense more heat on Z2 than on a plastic phone because glass is a better conductor, that is all.( try the heat on front glass panel on any flagship using heavy app, and they all heat up as hell)
4. Sound output with stereo speakers is on par with HTC One, listen to that and decide if it is low or not...;-) . It is not as loud as other newest flags, but it is very very loud and quality is superb.Earphone sound quality is superb, volume is lower yes, but first time you plug them in, Sony prompts you that louder volume can and will damage your hearing, so it is your choice. But if you want loud, go to setting, turn off clear sound, turn on x loud and stereo enhance, and get free app called bass booster from Playstore...and it ll be quite loud. If you preffer it...
And don't buy in negative comments from "real Z2 users" here, cause 90% of those here are false trolling
There, hope it helps ;-)
VanHelsing, 05 Jul 2014I have some questions about this phone. I am planning to buy this phone, but before i do, i ju... moreI have the phone for 1 month now. In my opinion the volume is low but acceptable. The Camera is good and heating issue is much reduce after an update.
For video recording, I m only use once in awhile coz its not important to me.
The gap is small...below 0.9mm I think. Upper rigth and below left of my Z2 but I m not a diver and use it underwater but I m confident its water resistant is intact.
The battery is good.
Its realy up to your preferences and what you used with the smartphone...If camera is your concern, better buy a camera,you can find good camera with half the price of the phone.
My advice is, buy Xperia Z2 that is original for your country, not imported one if you can. Ofcause any phone of your choice have risk and also pro and cons. Theres no perfect smartphone.
Buy a phone that will fullfill your daily use with features you can't live without hehehe
Xperia Z2 picture quality is very bad. i would suggest to go for Micromax Canvas.
Wouldn t be surprised if there is this one person posting under 100 different names writing always the same punchline: " I own/purchased/ bought/buy Z2/ this phone. It is very bad/shit, it overheats/has low volume/ has scren crackinf by itself/ ....bull/bull/bull....Don t buy this phone"
Watch out for this troll...
I have some questions about this phone. I am planning to buy this phone, but before i do, i just want to take the opinion of a "genuine" Xperia Z2 user. Please don't troll. Please be unbiased. It will be much appreciated if you could describe your user experience, in detail if possible, and what type of problems were faced etc etc.
I read the comments but MOST appear to be from people who DON'T actually own the phone.
1) Is there really a gap at the top right hand side of the phone? Does it cause some sort of instability or irritation? Does it hamper its IP58 certification?
2) Is the camera really overhyped? is it an underperformer in most situations?
3) Does the phone heat up more than usual? does it cause some inconvenience?
4) is the volume ample for most of you users out there?
yuukun, 05 Jul 20141st phone come with heatpipe still over heat after record 4k around 4mins nice 1 SONY :)Thats not surprising, heatpipe can only lead the heat away from the chipset to another place in the phone, the heat will still take long time to dissipate since phones dont have cooling ribs or cooling fans to transport the heat out of the device, like laptops have. Theres no magic involved with heatpipe, it will assure that the phone can stay at max performance for a little longer intervals and thats about all there is to it.
Everybody seems to be hating Sony... Meanwhile, Sony's phones are the only android phones which are NOT garbage, in that the quality of materials used to make the phone is actually high (some brands seem to have a contest to see which one uses the worst materials for some reason), the phones are always responsive, the interface is well designed, and, all in all, Xperia phones have always been a joy to use. Compare this to Samsung's crappy plastic and half-assed features...
Unus, 05 Jul 2014Hi guys those who are using this mobile i hav sum questions regarding to it Plz let me kno it ... moreNormal phone heat is normal same with other phones. Yes it supports otg. And yes it has led notification on top hidden in the earpiece like z1 compact
Mohammad, 04 Jul 2014Sony is rubbish... Quality is low, service center is funny!!!Thats not true show me a better phone
Hi guys those who are using this mobile i hav sum questions regarding to it Plz let me kno it will be more helpfull.. :)
1.Does the phone get heat while playing hd games or watching movie? cuz me use to play games a lot.
2. Does it supports otg?
3. Does it has LED notification? i hav seen many video reviews abt this phone but none has shown about OTG and the LED notification where does it blinks...
Plz let me know it will be more helpfull.. thanx.. :)
1st phone come with heatpipe still over heat after record 4k around 4mins
nice 1 SONY :)
I am totally in love with this phone, its one amazing piece of engineering, the only problem I face is while taking pictures, after taking some pics the camera turns off automatically saying it needs to cool down.
I know it happens while recording a 4K video, but why it happens while just taking pictures ? anybody have solution ?
I purchased xperia z2, i fill really bad. this is a worst phone as per its cost... Huawei p6 much better than z2. camera quality is also bad. i suggest to all pls dont take z2 ......
Anonymous, 05 Jul 2014Hi, I just got my Xperia Z2 and I love it!! BUT theres one thing that worries me, I do have a... moreYes, It also has my Z2!
You can happily submerge in water if you buy Z2 from Sony official showroom!
sathy, 04 Jul 2014I depends on youuuu
If u wanted a more primium fell on hand, more on screen animation, camera... moreHa ha:)
s5 is fast on paper.BUT touch wiz is laggy because of gimmick features and useless apps*
It make you sick in your daily use if you really own S5:)
Of course ,Z2 has 3g ram and Z2 is faster and more manageable than s5;
If you have Z2, you will know the best of 20.7 mp camera
You read it and have a happy day:)