This is the best smartphone ever made for this year 2014 ,I don't understand those people who are complaining about xperia z2, there is no lag, baterry life is perfect I have used the baterry with one charge for 15 hours where 7hours were spend by the screen, with average use I'm sure that with one full charge it will last for 2 or 3 days, I'm using only for 2 days this phone and no regret at any other section except for the heating but The camera is working normally( because there were many comments about heating and camera) , also the sensors about smart calling, smart stay and double tap to wake the screen are working perfect they are so responsible, I'm a Sony fan sience sonyericsson but I have been reading all about Samsung s5 and HTC one and xperia z2 but s5 has unusefull sensors and all of that marketing tricks the touch wizz sucks, about HTC 5 I havent read so much but Sony is Sony, and all those who are waitting soc 805 and QHD SCREEN tell me did you now that the diference between screen resolution can be seen with human eyes at.big screens above 45'? It doesnt matter at all with this smortphone size screens only can drain the baterry ;) .it worth every coin spent about xperia z2... :) I'm sure that one day Sony will be the first smartphone seller, they should spend more money at marketing sector ... :)
"I am waiting for Z3 with 4K display, snapdragon 810 with 4 gb ram, 128 gb internal storage, 4000 mah battery and 5" IPS screen with no bezels". ehueheheh :P Everybody is writing such comments without considering the current technology level and the possibility of occurrence. Continue waiting...
Crazyboys_tp, 18 Jun 2014Hi Guys,
I was using Galaxy s5 and switched over to this beauty of a phone.
Here are my op... moreDo you know the latest performance updates have solved the issues you mentioned?
You say you used Samsung phones for a long time.
So you are friendly with oversaturated colours and you are brainwashed by Samsung that over extreme colours are good:
Oversaturated colours are more extreme than sunlight and so you can use s5 well in sunlight but we are seldom use smartphone in sunlight*
And for indoor use:s5's extreme colours and over sharpness make you serious eye problem in a few years
The effect of cooling tech is that the internal parts of Z2 is COOL although external body has a little warm situation*****
By the way, Notice touch wiz is laggy!
Have a good choice,
I'm impatiently waiting for Sony Xperia Z2 Compact.
Of course with:
- less margins!
- At least 1080 * 1920 pixels, 4.7 inches display
- At least 3000 mAh battery
and Along with other features Sony Xperia Z2.
I just forgot one worst thing about Sony.
They are providing the worst earphone's ever for Indian Region.
Other than that no compromise from Sony.....
I was using Galaxy s5 and switched over to this beauty of a phone.
Here are my opinion and my decision on this masterpiece .....
Note: This is my opinion and I am not a fan-boy of any brand and admire what's good.
Pros Compared to S5(Exynos version):
1. Beautiful & Sturdy Built quality from Sony. Definitely no compromise there compared to plastic & uninspiring design by Samsung .
2. Unlike Samsung Sony is promoting its mobiles with a common spec worldwide(I am from India by the way)
3. Great battery life. One of the best I have used after Note-2.
4. Decent front facing speakers for gaming & Video watching.
5. Best Display by Sony ever on their flagship phones. Crisp & clear display with better viewing angles.
6. Great camera & excellent low light performance, but....
7. Water Proof compared to S5 water resistance built.
8. No non sense & gimmicks like heart rate sensor & not so accurat fingureprint scanner in S5. All useable functions.
9. 3 gb of ram compared to 2 gb in S5.
10. Device heating is not as regular as S5 gets.
Cons Compared to S5:
1. Somewhat low out door visibility in bright sunlight.
2. Difficult for single hand usage as squared edges makes the phone feel even bigger.
3.Rather Dull UI( It might be for me only as I was used to Touchwiz UI from past couple of years, but believe me guys Samsung's few user oriented options are great like swipe to call & text from dialer & contact list)
4. Great camera but can not use it always to its full potential with its superior auto mode as it limited to 8MP and there are no scene modes available if you want to shoot above that size. And even though image quality will be great at 20mp it will look some what dull compare to Superior auto mode.
3. Front facing camera not so good.
4. I don't know how effective the cooling technology of Sony is but Camera Heating & Closing issue even while taking pics, while playing even small games & while browsing on 3G top half of the device will be very hot( hotter than Samsung S5)
5. Cause of both front & back glass need to take extra care & proper handling is required(Not so delicate but feels like)
Final Words: Sony Xperia Z2 one of the best phones till date and any one thinking of buying this dont think twice. This is the best & Beast of a phone.
But I am switching back to S5(Leaving Samsung's gimmicks & Somewhat nonsense UI of apart I like some useable features provided by Samsung)
Camera is also one of the majore feature I use regularly in a mobile so here I can utilize its full potential even though saturation is on a bit higher side It is very sharp & have less noise than Z2 in lot of cases.
No offense here. But this is my opinion.
Take care guys
the phone is really cool and very powerful only if you have large money to invest on your phone the display is very sharp and battery good.you have other option like samsung s5 and iphone 5s in this range
pagan min, 17 Jun 2014This phone make me angry if it hotMost people say about heat issu!
Of course, bigger battery , quad cores and higher 3D games produce more heat!
It is only normal condition,
In Z2: Built_in COOLING tech is made by Sony*****
Normal heat convention goes on regularly and so Z2 has a little warm in using for a long time
BUT, Z2.' s internal materials are always COOL because of cooling technology although external body has got a warm condition
For example, our body produces heat when we play hard games:)
Moreover, galaxy s5 and note3 and m8 has terrible heating issues and they do not have COOLING technology
Readoz, 17 Jun 2014HI people could you give me the easy way of transferring contacts mms photos sms vidz etc from... moreYou can do it with app, xperia transfer ,first instal on your pc, pc companion by Sony and after that you have the app in pc companion, and also it will transfer everthing sms, pictures music contacts videos emails everything :)
HI people could you give me the easy way of transferring contacts mms photos sms vidz etc from my iphone 4s to a sony Z2 as there are so many options and i would appreciate your helpful opinions and correct way of going about this please.ITS driving me mad and is stressing me out as Apple not very obliging
yeah..the problem of this product are..overheat battery,slow function it comes to home screen,i mean open apps then if you want'a go to your home screen..suprize!!!bwahahahahaha...then open apps quickly..suprize....!!
Slayer, 17 Jun 2014Nope. The ear piece is perfectly fine and never had any problem. I also posted a way to change... moreOk...and what about the 20MP camera?? Here in gs marena where they compared z2,lg g2 & note3,lg g2 was declared the winner & z2 was the runner up.
Is this phone suitable for camera shooting using superior auto mode for long time,because i had read the past reviews and knew that z2 will be overheated when using camera after 2min or a short time.Hope your replies,guys...thanks
Slash 25, 17 Jun 2014I was watching it's review on youtube today in which they said that it has a weak ear piece so... moreNope. The ear piece is perfectly fine and never had any problem. I also posted a way to change the settings in an earlier post, suggest you scroll back and read it.
I was watching it's review on youtube today in which they said that it has a weak ear piece so it's very hard to hear the callers at crowded places,is it true? I'm interested in buying this phone but this has held me back also a lot of people are saying that 20MP camera looks only good on papers. Suggestions would be of great help,thanks.