I'm impatiently waiting for Sony Xperia Z2 Compact.
Of course with:
- less margins!
- At least 1080 * 1920 pixels, 4.7 inches display
- At least 3000 mAh battery
and Along with other features Sony Xperia Z2.
I just forgot one worst thing about Sony.
They are providing the worst earphone's ever for Indian Region.
Other than that no compromise from Sony.....
I was using Galaxy s5 and switched over to this beauty of a phone.
Here are my opinion and my decision on this masterpiece .....
Note: This is my opinion and I am not a fan-boy of any brand and admire what's good.
Pros Compared to S5(Exynos version):
1. Beautiful & Sturdy Built quality from Sony. Definitely no compromise there compared to plastic & uninspiring design by Samsung .
2. Unlike Samsung Sony is promoting its mobiles with a common spec worldwide(I am from India by the way)
3. Great battery life. One of the best I have used after Note-2.
4. Decent front facing speakers for gaming & Video watching.
5. Best Display by Sony ever on their flagship phones. Crisp & clear display with better viewing angles.
6. Great camera & excellent low light performance, but....
7. Water Proof compared to S5 water resistance built.
8. No non sense & gimmicks like heart rate sensor & not so accurat fingureprint scanner in S5. All useable functions.
9. 3 gb of ram compared to 2 gb in S5.
10. Device heating is not as regular as S5 gets.
Cons Compared to S5:
1. Somewhat low out door visibility in bright sunlight.
2. Difficult for single hand usage as squared edges makes the phone feel even bigger.
3.Rather Dull UI( It might be for me only as I was used to Touchwiz UI from past couple of years, but believe me guys Samsung's few user oriented options are great like swipe to call & text from dialer & contact list)
4. Great camera but can not use it always to its full potential with its superior auto mode as it limited to 8MP and there are no scene modes available if you want to shoot above that size. And even though image quality will be great at 20mp it will look some what dull compare to Superior auto mode.
3. Front facing camera not so good.
4. I don't know how effective the cooling technology of Sony is but Camera Heating & Closing issue even while taking pics, while playing even small games & while browsing on 3G top half of the device will be very hot( hotter than Samsung S5)
5. Cause of both front & back glass need to take extra care & proper handling is required(Not so delicate but feels like)
Final Words: Sony Xperia Z2 one of the best phones till date and any one thinking of buying this dont think twice. This is the best & Beast of a phone.
But I am switching back to S5(Leaving Samsung's gimmicks & Somewhat nonsense UI of apart I like some useable features provided by Samsung)
Camera is also one of the majore feature I use regularly in a mobile so here I can utilize its full potential even though saturation is on a bit higher side It is very sharp & have less noise than Z2 in lot of cases.
No offense here. But this is my opinion.
Take care guys
the phone is really cool and very powerful only if you have large money to invest on your phone the display is very sharp and battery good.you have other option like samsung s5 and iphone 5s in this range
pagan min, 17 Jun 2014This phone make me angry if it hotMost people say about heat issu!
Of course, bigger battery , quad cores and higher 3D games produce more heat!
It is only normal condition,
In Z2: Built_in COOLING tech is made by Sony*****
Normal heat convention goes on regularly and so Z2 has a little warm in using for a long time
BUT, Z2.' s internal materials are always COOL because of cooling technology although external body has got a warm condition
For example, our body produces heat when we play hard games:)
Moreover, galaxy s5 and note3 and m8 has terrible heating issues and they do not have COOLING technology
AnonD-274823, 17 Jun 2014HI people could you give me the easy way of transferring contacts mms photos sms vidz etc from... moreYou can do it with app, xperia transfer ,first instal on your pc, pc companion by Sony and after that you have the app in pc companion, and also it will transfer everthing sms, pictures music contacts videos emails everything :)
HI people could you give me the easy way of transferring contacts mms photos sms vidz etc from my iphone 4s to a sony Z2 as there are so many options and i would appreciate your helpful opinions and correct way of going about this please.ITS driving me mad and is stressing me out as Apple not very obliging
yeah..the problem of this product are..overheat battery,slow function it comes to home screen,i mean open apps then if you want'a go to your home screen..suprize!!!bwahahahahaha...then open apps quickly..suprize....!!
Slayer, 17 Jun 2014Nope. The ear piece is perfectly fine and never had any problem. I also posted a way to change... moreOk...and what about the 20MP camera?? Here in gs marena where they compared z2,lg g2 & note3,lg g2 was declared the winner & z2 was the runner up.
Is this phone suitable for camera shooting using superior auto mode for long time,because i had read the past reviews and knew that z2 will be overheated when using camera after 2min or a short time.Hope your replies,guys...thanks
AnonD-274054, 17 Jun 2014I was watching it's review on youtube today in which they said that it has a weak ear piece so... moreNope. The ear piece is perfectly fine and never had any problem. I also posted a way to change the settings in an earlier post, suggest you scroll back and read it.
I was watching it's review on youtube today in which they said that it has a weak ear piece so it's very hard to hear the callers at crowded places,is it true? I'm interested in buying this phone but this has held me back also a lot of people are saying that 20MP camera looks only good on papers. Suggestions would be of great help,thanks.
i want to buy a new flagship phone. my eyes go toward 2 phones LG G3 and sony Z2. i have xperia C and pretty disappoint with that phone since only provide 1GB memory available to apps and upgrade OS. and i hate why sony because make a partition like that.
we all know 1GB is not enough to put all apps (you buy phone not just for telephone, surfing, and sms)
are Z2 like that too.. i mean since Z2 memory almost 16GB (13-14GB at best) did sony partition its phone too, like 2GB available for device or higher? 5-6GB should be enough to contain 3 years apps at least for gaming, new patch OS, and some apps.
chriz, 16 Jun 2014I want to buy xperia z2 but can anyone please tell me this phone heat or notonly when u using camera otherwise its fine