shubham yadav, 10 May 2014The same applies to the z2 with flaps. You open the flaps, water can enter. Who is saying to ... moreYou are so funny!
Z2 has super built quality and none removable battery
So ,we do not need to open our Z2.
Everyone knows dust will be in the air round about!
Also removable back cover is clumsy way and it show that s5 is a low end phone because Samsung emphasize Quantity instead Quality
There are some serious problem with X2. First there is an overheating issue. Second the camera will not operate until the phone cools off. Another problem when you are on loud speaker it freezes and you can't shut it off. Anyone is experiencing the same issues?
Anyone know if is possible to large menu, especially the text message on Z2?
Writing from sz2 feels great phone dissapoint a bit from camera but overall great phone 5 hours Of use
Anonymous , 10 May 2014Between Z1 and Z2, there have been improvements. The bezels have been reduced, screen Resoluti... moreThe color gamut was initially close to 100% and now Sony added more colors. So the display is more inaccurate now as a colour gamut more than 100% us inaccurate. But yes, it looks more pleasing to the eyes, viewing angles ate improved and the display is much improved than z1. It's the first Sony flagship whose display isn't embarrassing against htc , lg or Samsung flagships.
It was just one small correction
Bhoovi, 09 May 2014Hi all techies and knowledgeable forum nerds.
* How is Z2 better than z1?
* I am able to g... more* How is Z2 better than z1?
- IN everything, esp battery and display.
* I am able to get one Z1 @ Euro 290 (Used), is it good?
- NO, Z1 is the worst phone ever from Sony. Battery is a nightmare. Just ask the seller HONESTLY why he is selling his, its really not worth it.
* How is ~441 ppi pixel density for Z1 not better than a slightly bigger screen of Z2 but with 424 ppi Pixel density? From a laymans view Z1 will have better display?
- Z1 has better theoretical clarity but its not a big difference and is a matter of taste. I would have preferred that Z2 had stayed at 5 inches, theres no need for bigger than 5 inch with this resolution. However, what matters more is that Z1 has an uninspiring display, colors are not great and it has color shift when viewed even from a small angle.
* Why to pay extra when camera is the same?
- Check out GSMArenas blog post about Z1 vs Z2 camera, the camera seems to have improved. Both are good enough though, you are right about that.
* Any other mobile with a better camera specs??
- Do you need better specs? Even 8mp is more than enough, in fact the default setting for Z1 and Z2 is to snap 8mp 16:9 photos.
Anonymous, 10 May 2014Removable back cover and battery means that s5 does not have dust resistance ! Every time you... moreThe same applies to the z2 with flaps. You open the flaps, water can enter. Who is saying to put your phone in sand after removing back. The removable back is am additional aid and no one removes back everyday. And dust still can't enter the internals of the phone even when you remove the back cover. That's important. I don't say the region between back cover and battery as a sensitive and internal region.
Bhoovi, 09 May 2014Hi all techies and knowledgeable forum nerds. * How is Z2 better than z1? * I am able to g... moreBetween Z1 and Z2, there have been improvements. The bezels have been reduced, screen Resolution and Colors are more accurate with better viewing angles. The camera has many new options, like shooting manual mode at 15.1mp, before it was only 8mp. They added 4K video, timeshift and many more things.
shubham yadav, 10 May 2014Thanks for the info but I already knew it. As it is evident from my comment. S5 is more dust p... moreRemovable back cover and battery means that s5 does not have dust resistance !
Every time you open back cover, dust always enter s5
So, The suggestion that s5 has more dust proof is very funny !
Of course, Z2 has excellent built quality
India...it is not coming with noise cancellation headsets !!
They cost xtra 8000 !!
Ridicilous :/ !!
Already its 50K..n now this !
They r providing free smart band n cover case..coz they know..people needed headsets..much more than dey ll need smartbnd n cover !! :/ !
Dat is sooo mean :(
gerisonti, 09 May 2014http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/waterproof-phones-ip-ratings-explainedThanks for the info but I already knew it. As it is evident from my comment. S5 is more dust proof and z2 is more water resistant.
Anonymous, 09 May 2014 you have used all S5 M8 and know Z2 im thinking how many smartphone you buy per year???dont lieSee my response was deleted! The answer is pretty much every top end phone bar the iPhone plus a Vodafone upgrade. Self indulgent and a waste of money but that is my obsession and only vice. Don't judge me by your circumstances and it is rude to call someone a liar when you do not know their circumstances. If I like it, I pretty much buy it and sometimes sell the whole lot to get new phone/s! Suck it up!
This phone is more perfect if the captive buttons on the bezel rather than on the display. There is so much space on the bottom of the phone to place the captive buttons.
shubham yadav, 09 May 2014You are wrong mate. The first digit represents dust resistance. 5 means dust resistant and 6 m... moreS5 fail to perform water& dust proof because of removable back cover
Removable cover& battery are out_ date technology and it shows Samsung emphasize Quantity and ignores Quality
If you open back cover dust has entered s5
So s5's dust& water resistance is very funny
Ament, 09 May 2014ga - when a review of z2???the updated hands on is out. the review is near yet so far lol...
please put the pictures and videos taken by xperia z2.we cant wait more!!