Hey, will the planned upgrade to V7.0 Nougat sort out the over heating issue? Coz i am on version 6.01 and the phone is heating more than a generator.
I've had my Z3+ (running lollipop) for over a month now and I can say I'm impressed with it for the following reasons:
1. It's fast and easy to operate, yet to witness any slowdown when multitasking (I use a combination of FB, whatapp, news, email and gps etc.
2. the cameras are good providing you use the manual mode to get the most out of the camera (I took a lot of 20mp photos and 1080p videos when visiting London resulting in a warning which pops up regarding the temperature but yet to experience the app closing because of this).
NOTE- I do not use 4k as I do not see the point as the screen is 1080p and i've not 4k monitor or tv.
3. sound quality is good for watching videos or playing music, talking and listening is good as well.
4. No annoying usb charging flap as on the previous z3 model.
5. The price, I bought this z3+ for £160 at cex with warranty from both cex and sony ( i checked on xperia care and the phone is less than 3 months old so I got a bargain!
The not so good:
1. Battery life is ok, better than a friends samsung s6 as the z3+ screen is only 1080p, stamina mode is useful enabling me to get through a day without the need of a charge.
be warned though - the battery will drain fast using wifi / sat nav gps / demanding games.
2. like any phone it constantly wants to update apps, soft and hardware which can be annoying if you do not amend this in the settings.
if you do consider pre owned / 2nd hand then Check the phone thoroughly before buying as some pre owned phones i have checked had minor problems these are:
1. minor bending to the body of the phone - lay on flat surface and gently press the corners down and inspect at eye level.
2. sony warranty - this could give you an accurate date of the age of the device.
3. both front and rear camera - they may be pitting / marks that could get worse over time
4. the screen - test for response using the diagnostic tools and check for any colour bleeding and dead pixels.
Hope this helps and remember a phone is a phone samsung, sony, apple whatever jus be happy with your choice and enjoy it!
sandy , 08 Oct 2016Anyone confirm the android 7.0 update???Anyone know the updates of 7.0?
Munna, 13 Oct 2016yes there is a restarting problem with this mobile but dont know why does it autorestart??Please do the hard reset. You can reset from the phone or PC using the Sony Companion. By any chance, are you using Go Power Master? I had to hard reset 3x. Only after it stables I reinstalled other apps.
satwik, 15 Oct 2016Guys, don't go for z3plus, hanging n heating issue r thereYou're free to choose which one you prefer but please refrain from making people confused because of those false reviews you're just making.
satwik, 15 Oct 2016Guys, don't go for z3plus, hanging n heating issue r theredon't give all false update i am using these mobile from past one year
It's wao phone. Damn good features,A+ camera.single sim phone. Heating issues wn d user uses it for d long time...
rakesh meena, 12 Oct 2016sonyxperiaZ3pluse single sim ya fir dual sim please tell meIf you are jio user then buy dual sim
Build 32.2.A.0.253 so far has improved battery life, improved thermal management (less heat during light to medium tasks such as HD youtube playback) and also patches the recent quadrooter threat. Overall a very nice improvement by Sony.
Anonymous, 13 Oct 2016Don't get this. Heating issue and phone keeps restating. Bad phone yes there is a restarting problem with this mobile but dont know why does it autorestart??
joban, 12 Oct 2016Heating issue of processor when you use it for long time and also heat in high light means mor... moreThanks . I am already using sony z1 . It also have heating issue . When I talk in whatsapp , it becomes hot .
AnonD-563357, 11 Oct 2016I want to buy this phone . Pls review about heating issue .Heating issue of processor when you use it for long time and also heat in high light means more brightness from performance phone is brilliant