The fact at the end of the day is sony has more experience in producing cameras and camera sensors found in most smartphones including apple's iphones..they even produce senso
goodthings, 09 Nov 2014I'm a graphic designer and photographer. You are wrong. Stop using Superior Auto for every sin... moreEven my friends newly bought "LENOVO VIBE Z2 PRO" takes way better pics in low/No light.
No doubt Z3 is a super capable phone but not worth the price sony is asking for.
Anyways, end of the day its all about personal preference,
I like simple fast bright low light pics/videos without digging deep into graves.
Fadz, 09 Nov 2014NO planned upgrade to v5.0 (Lollipop)? Very sad..Read the specs, it's already mentioned "planned upgrade to Android 5.0 (lollipop)".
Fadz, 09 Nov 2014NO planned upgrade to v5.0 (Lollipop)? Very sad..Where did you get your inside scoop info?
goodthings, 09 Nov 2014I'm a graphic designer and photographer. You are wrong. Stop using Superior Auto for every sin... moreWow, Impressive statements and.well said. Just proves the.little understanding most people have.buying a cell.phone, just for its camera! hehe
Like you mentioned they are like toys for pros.that.know photography!
Perfectionist., 08 Nov 2014If you are a frequent party goer,
You will surely notice, how worst the video capturing &... moreI'm a graphic designer and photographer. You are wrong. Stop using Superior Auto for every single shot. Instead, for such specific shots, try raising the ISO number and play with white balance. You'll get decent photos.
I find ALL smartphone photos of poor quality when it comes to photography. My old 8MP Canon S5IS takes far better pics and it's only due to the optics inside. Let alone my Nikon DSLR camera with adequate lenses and lightning. Smartphone pictures are still toys for us to play with and share these days. But even so, Z3 pics are better than almost everything I've seen in such devices (Sharp has something to say here :), not LG, Samsung or Apple. Nokia has a different concept, but it's still too young to rival Sony's depth.).
I understand that you love your LG Pro, it's a beautiful device. I too used LG phones in the past. But don't despise the Z3 just because you don't have the knowledge or the abilities to use it adequately. Such a move is simply counter-intuitive.
goodthings, 08 Nov 2014ok guys, it's been a month now with my new Z3. here's my entire list of pros and cons (for tho... moreIf you are a frequent party goer,
You will surely notice, how worst the video capturing & still images in the parties /pubs/disco..
I just cant imagine how sony engineers did such a mistake.
No doubt Battery & performance top notch,
But Z3 is meant for photography.
Newly in love with my G Pro2 again.
Anonymous, 08 Nov 2014May be! You had LG g pro:)
But, you did not have Z3::D
you did not know "Z3 ... moreBuddy, I just share my personal views about Z3,
for your kind information i'm owning both the phones (G pro2 & z3)..
I didn't say anything bad about Z3, worth INR 49000/-;
The tiny weak LED is really bothering me.
You should try taking pics back to back against G pro2.
specification on sheet & real life experiences are different things altogether.
G Pro2 & Z3 both are having pros & cons;
but personally, regretting , not worth of 49000/-.
Bought 3 of them for my family, the second day while I was out buying cases my daughter shattered her screen, I highly recommend the 9H glass protectors for these phones.
goodthings, 08 Nov 2014ok guys, it's been a month now with my new Z3. here's my entire list of pros and cons (for tho... moreCONS listed are No Big deal,,,
PROS are perfect example of High end Sony Z3!
For those who want a perfect shooter, you better buy Nikon, Canon or Sony Alpha Camera instead of complained and whined around. XZ3 is a smartphone not a DSLR with mobile functionality, There's no smartphone shooter that on par with DSLR. If you want a perfect photo result, go buy DSLR!
has your z2 got Android 4.4.4 mine is Z2 D6503 on Android 4.4.2 EE UK
goodthings, 08 Nov 2014ok guys, it's been a month now with my new Z3. here's my entire list of pros and cons (for tho... moreYes, Yes:)
I am only a Z2 user
Thanks for sharing your real life experience!
Thanks for pointing with real life using:)
Perfectionist., 08 Nov 2014Bought z3 a week back, now using two mobs- Lg G Pro2 & z3.
My G Pro2 almost 8+ Months old... moreMay be! You had LG g pro:)
But, you did not have Z3::D
you did not know "Z3 has ISO 18000 for low light performance"
you did not know "Z3 has amazing battery life" and faster 801 snapdragon chipset
you did not know "LG phones are made with Sony camera sensor"
you did not know "Z3 has stereo speakers with rich audio system and noise cancelling tech"
you didn't know "Z3 is the best smartphone with the highest waterproof tech"
ok guys, it's been a month now with my new Z3. here's my entire list of pros and cons (for those truly interested in this phone). Before that, keep in mind that:
- in the past 14 years,I have been using Sony, Sony-Ericsson, Nokia, LG, Samsung and Sharp phone.
- I have been in contact with plenty iPhones and Galaxy phones.
- I consider myself a power user
- I don't root my phones, but I optimize them as much as I can
- a bit slippery due to the glass on the back.
- I sometimes feel bothered by the magnetic connector on the lef side (I can feel it when holding the phone)
- I would have liked the copper version. Unfortunately, my carrier didn't bother with anything else than black...
- Accessories are a bit overpriced (bluetooth keyboard, for instance, or the bluetooth docking station).
- top notch performance (I can manage my infinite lists of thousands of files (literally) in dropbox with lag-free speed)
- in one month, not even 1 (one!) second of lag. I use my phone for pretty much everything, from high quality videos, to gaming, file management, communication, etc. So go figure.
- superb display (in my perspective, this means that colors are natural AND vivid against sunlight).
- superb battery life (2 days regular use, 1 day if I ask everything from this device, which may include file management for half a day, if i'm on the go). Call management is of zero importance: one of these days, i spent 32 minutes talking on the phone and battery went down from 9% to 7%. What else would you like, candies? :)
- a lovely list of high-end software and hardware implementations:
-- aptX (for truly amazing sound, this is a must - I use it with Creative Aurvana),
-- sony album
-- camera app (well under-appreciated in online reviews: go manual if you want customizations or buy dslr if you want true photography)
-- lifelog and everything it implies
-- reduced list of dedicated apps (yes, Samsung, I'm talking to you)
-- IP rating
- superb design. here, the guys who wrote online reviews are all right: you need to hold one in your hand to understand how classy and intuitive and simple and complex this is. The design is basically the only aspect where Sony has no competitors whatsoever. Z3's design is arresting and compelling at the same time.
- super sturdy
I know it's more expensive than the competition, but guys, if you want something special, this is the phone you're after!
Perfectionist., 08 Nov 2014Bought z3 a week back, now using two mobs- Lg G Pro2 & z3. My G Pro2 almost 8+ Months old... moreYes i do think the single led flash is weak, hopefully sony intergrates a brighter flash or even a xenon flash in the z4...but i gues its a trade off with the awesome battery life of the device as well...so its a gamble.
photography is life, 08 Nov 2014Can people stop saying which camera phone is better then the other? most phones these days hav... moreIgnore what i just said..i didn't even complete what i was saying.... But the point is try to understand and use your smartphone cameras to the best of their abilities.. Stop thrashing sonys cameras, they might have flaws, so does every other camera manufacturers to some extent...
Can people stop saying which camera phone is better then the other? most phones these days have decent cameras that rival most compact cameras, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.....if you guys want dslr quality photos then buy a freaking dslr camera people...untill smartphone camera sensors somehow break the rules of physics, there