I am a very happy Z1c owner and Z3c could be my next phone, but the locked bootloader and the inability to flash custom ROMs without loosing basic features is a deal breaker for me.
Apart from that, Sony's compacts are the best things that have happened to Mobile business the last two or three years.
prof1234, 15 Feb 2015I have note 4 it's awesome. I want a small device and I loved z3 compact very much but really ... moreIf you love small and cute device, Z3 compact is the most suitable one!
In Z3 compact pages, 94 percent posts are made by Samsung paid trollers to promote Samsung phones
They bombard you " false story"
Of course, Z3 compact is the most powerful and fastest phone among the 4.6 inches phones
Wow, so many Haters / Trollers in here.
Cracking issue? OMG !!! that's a bullsh*t.
My Z3 Compact is Perfect.
At least, its glass is more durable than my Gorilla Glass phone.
Just 1 Drop and my Gorilla Glass cracked.
Sudden death issue? what you've done Einstein?
do you know how to use a smartphone?
I have note 4 it's awesome. I want a small device and I loved z3 compact very much but really your comments disappointed me very much and 95% of you recommend to buy another brand cause z3c has much problems. So please guys advice me which mobile I should buy with same size and quality.
boggz33, 14 Feb 2015I as got my xperia z3 compact not so long ago (about 1 and a half month) it started to get the... moreMine did similar thing - went completely dead 2 moths old. Sent for repair, had it back for just one week and same thing happened again. Sent it off again saying I wanted a new handset because this one I have no trust left in it. I am told, they have repaired it. My thoughts: obviously they didn't know what is wrong first time!
I have this phone in the white version and I'm getting a little nervous about this because I haven't experienced self cracking issues or black out issues. Early black out issues with phones normally indicate they are a fake version of the phone...anyway I bet the Z4 Compact won't have any of these problems. I'll try to get that phone in case this one cracks or blacks out..
I have really mixed feeling about this phone.
It is a true workhorse, really zippy in all tasks, but Sony apparently has issues with production quality.
Phone has no problem shooting 4K (although it displays a warning that the shooting will stop if the phone overheats), 60 fps 1080p or taking pictures (these need a little of an aftertouch on PC). I like the dedicated two-step camera button.
1. Camera lens is covered with a thin violet-colored film (antireflex) that easily wears off (noticable even after a month of careful use with the protective case). It appears that this problem is not new to Z3, as its predecessors have it also.
2. Watertightness... I returned my Z3 Compact due to the SIM flap not staying closed (it was popping out by itself in a matter of seconds after closing it). Got another phone that was already shipped with SIM flap popped open... Come on, Sony....
3. All the BRAVIA engine saga and unlocking the bootloader... Sony is not reserved in any way by stating all the consequences that may arrise if you decide to officaily unlock the bootloader. I don't like all that bloatware that is installed on the phone and am spoiled by the CMod UI features (I had CM installed on my previous phone).
Seriously 4 xperia phones are at the top all time ranking? This is more like xperiarena. I have the Z3C and I can't tell you how bad the display and fragile it is. It might look good but I wouldn't pay $200 for it, let alone $510. Buyers beware: the glass of this phone, front and back, is no better than the glass you drink with. Sudden change of temperature will crack it and it won't take much. Don't go outside to take your call if the outside temp is below 30F and come back inside in a sudden. 70F inside will crack the phone. Cheap glass aside, the display color and viewing angle are terrible. Sharpness is next to nothing and touch panel grids are clearly visible in direct light. It was a biggest mistake in my life for purchasing this product. Good bye Sony, a bad plague that I'll be avoiding from now on.
I as got my xperia z3 compact not so long ago (about 1 and a half month) it started to get the sudden death issue where it would restart randomly and also sometime not even charge or turn on. Days after it just completely shut down, cannot charge or open, does not hard reset, nothing works. I know a lot of people is having this issue so I just want to warn those that are interested in this phone. Better to get another brand of phone because you will soon be pissed at how long it takes for the repair and if it will work or not.. really sucks that I had to pay a lot of money for a phone that doesn't even work...
I purchased Z3C outright about 3 months ago. Telstra didn't offer the phone outright so despite being a Telstra pre paid customer I had to go to JB HiFi to get the phone. However Telstra provided the pre paid sim free of charge. I am happy with most features of the phone but the following has annoyed me:
- phone is very "slippery". It slips out of my pocket and off any uneven service. I think I would prefer a non slip backing to the phone.
- the speaker isn't loud enough. I often put the phone speaker on for conference calls and struggle to hear it.
- it is very fragile. Within the first 3 weeks I had cracked the screen by sitting on it while it was in my back pocket while driving. None of the local repairers had replacement screens so I had to post the phone to Sydney from North Queensland to the Sony authorized repairer. It took them just under 1 month to replace the screen and get it back to me. Repairs cost approx $250 by the time postage was included. They also wiped all my installed applications and data on the phone. For the month, I got a cheap $100 Samsung and actually enjoyed using it more.
Overall the Z3C is a good phone but I am disappointed in how fragile it is. I now find myself being very careful handling it; which is not in line with the intent of buying an expensive waterproof phone.
DanGogh78, 04 Feb 2015Oh I see, your 'research' is a few people on a forum claiming self cracking glass while postin... moreI just arrived at this forum after googling this problem because it happened to me last night.
I couldn't believe it, I set my phone down on my glass coffee table and I heard a faint crack and had no idea what it was, I thought maybe it was the sound of water between my phone and the table and quickly checked the table but it was dry.
I forgot about it until later that night until i noticed the back of my phone had this crack underneath the top layer of the back cover.
I'm so annoyed, my phone is a month old and it's already cracked and I did nothing to cause it.
I have never cracked a phone before and am usually so careful so this is really unfair
Petrelli, 12 Feb 2015I've had z3 compact since middle of January, its great, but im very worried of all the 'screen... moreTo be honest I too am nervous with it,specially since I like to have the "tap to wake" function but this requires that I put the screen away from my leg when the phone is in my pocket and I worry that I hit it with something... What truly gives me peace of mind is using a wrist strap as if it was a point&shoot camera... One of the best hardware features that Sony includes and the rest ignore. Also the magnetic charging adapter is a must for me.
unknown, 13 Feb 2015my phone is cracked for no reason Maibe in your dreams...pfff... :(
mavz, 13 Feb 2015what to buy?.. z2 or z3 compact?.. pls share experience about this 2 phones.. :)Z2 imo. just for the display which is 1080p and 1 gb extra ram
The Xperia Z3c is just great. The phone is fast, responsive and it just works. I had this phone for 3 weeks now and had no issues what so ever. The camara is great and it loads super fast every time. I have installed tons of apps to the phone and runs smooth just like when new. I will recommend this phone 100%. I work with mobile phones, and I can say this is at the top of the food chain.