Sony still failed to solve heating problem.. The heat double up in my country(Malaysia)..i went for kayak fishing,phone inside my pocket heating itself without run any application.. I take it out and try to take photo and not alowed to do that..this is not first time,every time doing outdoor activity,this device keep make me regret.. I love Sony..but have to move on... Nova 3I...fall in love.. 😍
Ali, 15 Dec 2018It's battery will not explode I'm using there is no problem u can use it casuallyof course,i had it.but today im gonna change my z5 :)
Brought this phone to a family outing in a resort. Submerged it under water to take some photos. A few hours later, it shut down by itself. I tried to boot it up again, the Sony logo showed up but it shut down again, there were three continuous vibrations after it shut down. I waited it out for hours and finally got to boot it up normally. A few hours later again, it wouldn't respond to some of my touches, until it completely became unresponsive to any of my touches. The screen looks normal though, the fingerprint works fine, the front and rear camera also work fine, and so does the speaker. I can't use it anymore because I have to put my PIN, fingerprint does not work after a boot up or restart. What really upset me is, it was marketed as a waterproof device. But
RODZ, 13 Dec 2018My Z5 becoming hot during gaming, video recording and video playing. I'm so much afraid to use... moreIt's battery will not explode I'm using there is no problem u can use it casually
My Z5 becoming hot during gaming, video recording and video playing. I'm so much afraid to use it maybe its battery will explode.
A summary first for saving time:
Sony did a great job, I'm a big fan.
- Recommended spare phone in 2018.
1. Extremely sturdy, waterproof.
2. Dual sim
3. Good enough camera for 2018
4. Flawless performance for mail, browsing and general communication. NOT a 2018 gamer.
5. Very, very cheap in 2018.
- Bought it since its release and did not want nor need an upgrade up to this comment's date. The phone has been performing amazingly physically and in its UI, it checked all necessities adequately. It started to slow down a bit the last 6 months due to my personal usage and app progression.
- I use it for communication, browsing and mostly music playback.
- I dropped it countless times, got hit in the holding leg pocket severly in 3 accidents and still waterproof, no screen cracks nor side bumper damage.
- However, it will NOT stay super smooth if your usage goes out of regular social media, calls and browsing.
- Next upgrade if you have a Z5 IMO should be an xz2 premium or the next 4K 5G sony flagship if you can wait, an iphone (if you're into it) or a pixel 3 (IF you're a fan but it slows down quicker than the others) because you'd be getting something newer with an edge. Otherwise, IMO any other phone is just a newer much more expensive Z5, with the price of more specs for less.
Sajid , 11 Oct 2018I wanna purchase Xperia z 5 , need some buddy advise????better you buy higher than z5, ex, xz2
Izzuky, 27 Nov 2018I think the problem is in your earphones.Earphones are very good - sony mdr 650.
I have Z5 (501So) softbank version but I can't hot spot on the phone. Any help please...
I have the Rosegold one, pretty satisfy with it.. the only problem is heating issue
Andy, 23 Nov 2018Sound in earphones is not very good and not loud enough.I think the problem is in your earphones.
I bought the dual-version of this phone in 2016, replacing my old Z1, and I am still happy with it. Especially the camera and quality of the music. I hope I can use it for at least another 2 years.
I bought this mobile before 2weeks, bcoz I like Sony. Bt this one have heating issue.. My one heat a lot when video recording.. And closing the application when over heat.
Not recommend this mobile.
Well, I've had two of them. I used one just for 4 months and its dead because of water! so dont alwats trust water proof stuff. Second one I still use but will change soon. So far regular proximity sensor problems. Screen goes blank suddenly and u cant even turn off the call. Its the bloody sensor and it takes few days to repair it in the service. Also back cover breaks very easy but nor a major problem. Headphone jack never works properly. Now, the latest problem these days is bluetooth. As everyone knows heating doesnt even count as a problem on Z5. if u live in a warm climate u dont need a heater in your room on winter! So there are lots of problems with Z5 but its damn fast! Performance is great but relaibility is shit. Its up to u...
I'll go for XA1 Plus now