The overheating issue is related to snapdragon 810, every single phone has this processor is complaining of overheating.
I bought this smartphone a few weeks ago. It's a jewel as always from Sony!
My honest opinions are:
1. Best battery time charging/consuming ratio for an android device.
2. Best screen quality for the 4.6 inch size.
3. Best cameras for such device.
4. Best sound quality speakers.
5. Best signal reception for 4G/3G/2G, wi-fi, nfc, bluetooth, gps.
6. Sweet design
7. It works under sweet and salty water (maybe my luck).
Few problems still are:
1. Software update is weird and android 6 is lower in performance (sound and camera - bass clipping and digital noise) as android 5.1.1 on this device in my experience (it's flawless).
2. It's getting too hot mostly when I use api camera settings (often under android 6). It's not a problem with me because I use a rubber cover and glass screen protector (this truly reduce warmth). The problem is when it shuts down by itself and some people having no idea what means having a Qualcomm processor device.
3. Sony must do something with lens. Too many problems with corners and focusing. For me it's ok and I can cheat this lens hardware problem, but for many 'first time using a camera' people will surely be a problem.
I wanted to like this phone - good camera, right size - but unfortunately I think it is the worst phone I have ever owned. Sony's version of Android is horrible; receive constant updates on the operating system - latest one deleted my email account; and it gets very hot indeed.
Anyone experiencing the camera is in use by other application error, close all apps running on background will fix it.
AnonD-506060, 01 Aug 2016Do not waste your money on Z5 series...I bought Z5 compact, after only about a minute in pool ... moreThen you should have read the IP rating properly. It's water RESISTANT, not waterproof. It can stand getting wet in the rain. Not going swimming.
It's not water resistant...do not put it under water specially when the phone display is on...don't waste your money on Z5 series
Do not waste your money on Z5 series...I bought Z5 compact, after only about a minute in pool where half of phone was under water, it's LCD was flickering and suddenly the phone went off...
I like the specs and size of this phone but if it gets so hot like others say, I'm afraid 45 degree heat will loosen the glue holding the glass to the frame.
Andrew, 31 Jul 2016Non-removable battery - means after 1.5 years the phone is dead?Why? You can't buy battery and put it inside when there are not picture for you in manual?
This phone is awesome, great camera, great display, great performance, but this phone is ridiculously hot.
I play some game for few minutes and my phone goes up to 45* celcius.
This is first time I upset for buying Sony phone.
The phone is great but when you use an app for too long it heats up and the phone is sometimes almost burning. Never had this with another phone. The problem is known but still sony should do something about it.
Bogdan T, 28 Apr 2016Speakers are really good. Sounds better than Z 3cThanks
Phone is perfect! Compact waterproof, photos look amazing on its display, camera is great too. A more innovative device than iphone and samsung, all say thephone heats up. i never really experienced. camera? music? headphones? displays? its all SONY! Most trusted brand.
Faf, 25 Jul 2016where is the fingerprint sensor? on a button or something?The fingerprint sensor is on the power/lock button.
Press it once to unlock, then softly puts your finger on it again to trigger the sensor and the device will unlock.
NOT Recommended :
- Glass scratched wihtin 2 weeks despite an existing protection. Discovered after that Son'y protection is to avoid glass shattering and not scratches ... not mentioned clearly .
- Battery is a joke and phone heating like hell for any Photos.
A total AVOID for this model
Don't buy the phone it's a total scum!!!
the camera almost never uses 23 megapixels and when it does the factions are so limited.
it's slow and get's heated up really quickly slowing it down even more...
to add to that sony claims that the phone has ip 68 which is far from trusth as mine got busted after i cleaned it under tap watter and the garanteed was voided