Anonymous, 04 Sep 2015the processor is too weak for such a resolution. has to Laging and baging . do not rejoice too... moreSorry but the reviewers who used the Z5 Premium begs to differ. They didnt notice the Z5 premium burning. I'm repeating this again, the Adreno 430 IS 4K COMPATIBLE.
Anonymous, 04 Sep 2015the processor is too weak for such a resolution. has to Laging and baging . do not rejoice too... moreSnapdragon 810 is 4K gaming compatible according to the maker's. https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon/processors/810. Adreno 418 (G4) running QHD provides same performance as adreno 430 running UHD/4K. Please get your facts right next time.
Still space for bigger res, like 8000x2160 - so u can see 4K with every eye in VR gear, so no, this is not the end... its beginning...
Anonymous, 04 Sep 2015dude sd801 is one of d coolest CPU.. u cn use it at it's maximum clockspeed. it runs at 2.5ghz... morethe processor is too weak for such a resolution. has to Laging and baging . do not rejoice too much, with such resolution and processor s810 has to heat as the burner of the stove. I bet it will be a great failure of Sony.gaming performance of z5 premium will worst..
1)Then there sud b no OEM which sud incoroprate the OIS .dude OIS is hardware feature which is ment to get the image stable even with shaky hands.
2) Its clearly visible that z5 premium has the same pony flashlight i am not expecting a xenon flash light but i think i can atleast expect the powerful duel tone flash which i was expecting from a long time.
3) The bezels are seriously too thick i can still forgive that as it has a very premium design.but still sony cud have done a better job with that as its been too long since the xperia Z.
4) Sd810 is a flagship grade SOC i.e sony had no other option at the moment however as theis phone is water and dust tight it will overheat more while running a resource hungry app or using the phone for a long time even if its underclocked. So that worries me
No 240fps slow motion recording? That's really sad, considering the iPhone 6 has it and it uses a SONY camera chip. Dissappointed
Anonymous, 04 Sep 2015Too weak? How do you know? The same thing people said when LG put QHD display on Snapdragon 80... moredude sd801 is one of d coolest CPU.. u cn use it at it's maximum clockspeed. it runs at 2.5ghz n no problem. run 810 at 2.0ghz n see what happens.. specially when u r running a 4k screen.. battery is draining fast n these all increase d heat in no time.. gaming performance of z5 premium will b worst..
Anonymous, 04 Sep 2015No, we don't need another Ultra. Sony released the C5 Ultra. This Z5 Premium is not supposed t... moreC5 Ultra is not a successor for the Z Ultra, maybe you don't want a large phone but there are millions like myself who want a large phablet for all tasks and the Z Ultra was perfect. It would be outrageous if Sony decided to finish the Z Ultra line, it was a very successful device.
Anonymous, 04 Sep 2015Gsmarena found out that the camera is actually 25mp and not 23mp. Sony advertises it that way ... moreNot true. Max res for the Z5 is 23 MP 4:3, and can also take 20 MP 16:9. In Z1/Z2/Z3 it was 20.7 MP 4:3.
Gsmarena found out that the camera is actually 25mp and not 23mp. Sony advertises it that way for the sake of the screen ratio problem. 16:9 and 4:3. We all know what that mean. Our phone have the same problem too. The highest res is always 4:3 but Sony make it 16:9.
mas39, 04 Sep 2015This should have been the Z5 Ultra with 6.4" screen and approx. 684 ppi, where the hell i... moreNo, we don't need another Ultra. Sony released the C5 Ultra. This Z5 Premium is not supposed to be a a Ultra. This, at 5.5", is still a smartphone. Above 5.5" is called phablet. Z Ultra was overkill at 6.4". It was a tablet.
Bob, 04 Sep 20151) there is something call lens-shift image stabilizers on the z5 (It uses the gyro sensor and... moreYes, they have fixed the issue http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/09/snapdragon-810-overheating-solved-xperia-z5/.
This should have been the Z5 Ultra with 6.4" screen and approx. 684 ppi, where the hell is it ? Also can't believe they haven't provided 64gb internal memory. Anyway I shall wait till this time next year in case they release a Z6 Ultra, this is way too small compared to my Z Ultra.
AnonD-100398, 04 Sep 2015This is no king.
Z5 premium is also not without any compromise the disadvantages it has are a... more1) there is something call lens-shift image stabilizers on the z5 (It uses the gyro sensor and a pair of magnets to control the position of the lens) quoted from the preview of the z5 in the camera section.
2) how do you even know how powerful is the flash, the could have increase power output of the flash. Moreover, no one on the internet have mentioned about the flash, unless you went to the sony booth at IFA 2015.
3) you can easily buy a cheap ir blaster for any phone that has a 3.5mm headphone jack(http://vr-zone.com/articles/hiremote-adds-ir-blaster-just-smartphone/77640.html).
4) those huge bezels are to prevent the front and back glass from cracking when dropped. Previous z phone owners reported that the glass cracked easily when dropped.
5) sony fixed the "fixed" sd 810 overheating issue. Yes qualcomm sort of fixed the overheating issue by reducing heat generated by a few degrees but not a whole lot.
AnonD-100398, 04 Sep 2015This is no king. Z5 premium is also not without any compromise the disadvantages it has are a... more1. There is steadyshot. Provides the same functions as OIS. The camera and software were developed by Sony Alpha camera engineers, so they're serious about the camera. 2. The flash on the Z3 is bright enough. Seriously you talk like there's no flash. 3. Bezels? Are you blind? This phone has a screen to body ratio of 71.5%, so definitely not thick. Thick bezels are below 67%, like iPhone 6. Plus the Z5 Premium has stereo speakers. 4. Yes, Snapdragon 810 is causing a lot of confusion. But Sony says they've adopted a lot of new tech and they reckon the overheating problems have been solved. Well let's wait for a review then.
AnonD-280781, 04 Sep 2015the processor is too weak for such a resolution. has to Laging and baging . do not rejoice too... moreToo weak? How do you know? The same thing people said when LG put QHD display on Snapdragon 801 (Adreno 330). If Snapdragon 801 could handle QHD, then Snapdragon 810 will handle 4K. Sony, and LG, do proper research and development, so they know what they're doing.