1. Does this phone have the latest November security update?
2. Is the memory storage the UFS-type? Or something that is slightly slower?
3. Is the memory LPDDR3 or the newer LPDDR4?
4. With the latest camera update does it now open/load up faster? Colours warmer and not cold-looking? Night shots better? Quicker processing/saving of photos? Zoom still noisy? (Had Xperia phones in the past and the same symptoms seem to occur...poor memory management hence the apps load slow, camera takes 1-2 seconds to actually open, photos has a bluish/cool tinge, night shots is poor with a purple/orange tinge when adjusting the Manual setting, digital zoom has so much noise)
5. Heard the speakers sound tiny and muffled compared to past Xperia Z phones, Galaxt S7, etc.
6. And why is the startup/reboot lasts almost 60 seconds?
7. Nougat anytime soon? 7.0 is out Sept/Oct and 7.1.1 out December. Can we expect a major update soon?
8. Still have sign of heating after latest update? (If i'm taking a video it would only be 1080p)
AnonD-621470, 16 Dec 2016i bought this phone and i had problem because the phone is heating in my hand while I'm using... morePhone heating is normal when you are connecting it to a Wifi or mobile data connection because it is consuming a large amount of battery life.
AnonD-621470, 16 Dec 2016i bought this phone and i had problem because the phone is heating in my hand while I'm using... moreThis is a known heating problem. Its due to Snapdragon 810 CPU and the heating problem can't be stopped. It adds to bad battery life.
AnonD-223263, 17 Dec 2016Z5 Premium all the way dude. Best phone evaAgree with you dear but sony always stops updates for 2 years old devices and nougat will be the last for Z5 family this is why am confused
AnonD-183089, 13 Dec 2016Z5 premium or xperia x to upgrade from z2?Z5 Premium all the way dude. Best phone eva
88000 is not bad result(at least om mine z5 premium).its great improvment over 801 who scored 50000
I'd love to hear how did you root this phone.
Is your bootloader still locked? How is the camera quality after root?
What settings have you changed to get 6 hours OST?
i bought this phone and i had problem because the phone is heating in my hand while I'm using in chatting or browsing, and this is minium requirement , i think they have to fix the phone heating problem, many users told me they experience the same problem and i have replaced the phone with non Sony device.
hellsgate, 15 Dec 2016Not a best choice to replace xperia xz over z5 premium. wait for a better and higher specs from sonyZ5 premium much worth it. From what I have seen Even though xperia xz much faster. But still the performance doesn't make any difference. Better to wait sony to come up with a 4GB of RAM.
And last one the score of xperia z5 premium in antutu benchmark is a disappointment. However, I never believe the score from antutu benchmark.
hellsgate, 15 Dec 2016Not a best choice to replace xperia xz over z5 premium. wait for a better and higher specs from sonyBudget wise it is cheaper than XZ and is just 1 yr. old 2015 flagship and Sony's standard will still get Software updates longer than any non-Google OEM.
Also is the only current 4K(UHD) Smartphone to date and maybe hopefully will have a future successor.
Ahmed Abdulsalam, 04 Dec 2016i have same problem in Z2, once i reset factory the problem solved. this problem get because ... moreZ5 is very good for smartphone becouse ram and chipset is nice the engine is quadcore nice
Not a best choice to replace xperia xz over z5 premium. wait for a better and higher specs from sony
AnonD-589765, 15 Dec 2016Z5P hands down. X doesnt even have waterproofing and a weaker chipset compared to 810. But X m... moreAlso i mean future updates as i think that nougat will be the last update for Z5P
AnonD-183089, 13 Dec 2016Z5 premium or xperia x to upgrade from z2?Z5P hands down. X doesnt even have waterproofing and a weaker chipset compared to 810. But X might get Nougat sooner than the Z5 series.
I think this smartphone similar to Premium Dual (Not trying to be rude or complaining) because Premium is better than Premium Dual.