KingReignsSupreme, 18 Oct 2016After reading all the reviews, to eliminate confusion created by all those, I actually hired p... moreHi King... totally agree with you and other people who have actually have or had a hand on this phone....the only issue of overheating is when recording video in 4K mode for more than 10 minutes. After all normal HD recording is as best..thanks to Sony.
Goraany, 30 Oct 2016Hi everybody, just I want to know if its back cover glass or metal and if taking pictures in t... moreHi Goraany...actually the back color is not glass just as have heard and read from many before got my hands on the phone. The back is actually very shiny gloss like. high quality finishing like metal however cant tell exactly what material is that but definitely its a premium material. About the flash taking picture at night, its ok but flash alone wont give much detail in total darkness. You need at least some light for even you to see the intended object and noting appeared on the picture. However the daylight picture..unbelievable, pretty very very good picture.
Nitesh, 30 Oct 2016Hi tazzman which colour looks premium? Pls reply soon cause im buying tomorrow. Hi Nitesh thanks for wanting to know the color, I for my self initially had wanted to buy platinum color that look like chrome, however i missed that color, so i decided to go for gold...men im so happy I'm not regretting at all i quickly forgotten about what color i had in mind. So Nitesh i would highly recommend you go for GOLD. I have seen some other brands with goldish color look, but believe me this one from Sony looks very distinctive. I love and adore it so are all my friends.
tazzmann, 30 Oct 2016Wow that's not true the finger scanner works very very well no flaws at all. Once you have sca... moreHi tazzman which colour looks premium? Pls reply soon cause im buying tomorrow.
Anonymous, 04 Oct 2016is this have heating issue like xperia z5?yes it becomes heat and the phone askes you to stop vidiew recording.
also it isnot water resestant .
avoid using it inderwater
Hi everybody, just I want to know if its back cover glass or metal and if taking pictures in the dark with flash, is the flash appear in the picture?
scachy , 29 Oct 2016Please I need help form users of Z5 premium, am planning to buy this mobile Z5 premium But I h... moreWow that's not true the finger scanner works very very well no flaws at all. Once you have scanned and registered your finger print its all done works perfectly. I have been using this feature and its amazing. the only issue with this phone is recording in 4k. It gets really hot and will quickly tell you to rest the phone so as to cool down a bit other than that this phone turns head to many people its a dream phone. Believe me Sony rocks, despite its very small market share. Many of my friend wants to switch to Sony after seeing mine. Go for it no regret at all.
Please I need help form users of Z5 premium, am planning to buy this mobile Z5 premium But I heard that the finger print scanner is generally bad and difficult to scan n unlock mobile at 1-5 try. Hoe true is this please?
JayD313, 24 Oct 2016I'm planning to buy this phone but the only concern is, is it 4G?!yes it is 4G
this is all the Network Technology (bands) that is support by Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual
GSM / HSPA / LTE
2G bands GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - E6833, E6883
4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 20(800) - E6833
LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 17(700), 20(800), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500) - E6883
Elan, 16 Oct 2016Is it working on 4Gyes it will..
ive gone to shop and checked all specs... the phone is gud and im going 2 buy 1
After reading all the reviews, to eliminate confusion created by all those, I actually hired phone from my friend for two days and tried to review it my self and I was surprised to know that :
1. This phone has the greatest screen display till date and premium looks as its name says.
2. Camera focus is super-fast .. you just touch the screen and picture is captured, it doesn't take any time to focus (initially I though something is going wrong but it was right), though it take a while to save it. Picture quality is great in day light. Yes, in indoor low light it is not as great but more than acceptable (it is not a DSLR). Better to use manual mode for low light, but that needs some practice and knowing of photography...
3. There isn't any overheating issue, as is being said by all reviewers ... I used it two full day and did lots of things but there was no overheating warning or sudden closing of any app or game. It became only warm while recording 4K for more than 10 minutes.
4. Battery life is decent for this 5.5" 4K phone, it is more than enough for full day heavy use and if normally used 50% battery remains at 9 PM.
5. Overall great power packed phone. Don't believe any review, any opinion, just go to store and play for a while with it and you will actually come know what is it.
Finally I have decided to buy it over Xperia XZ, Galaxy s7 and Iphone 6s plus (and main reason, rates have come down a bit in India for which I was waiting for last few months).
I have read almost all reviews since last year about Z5 premium and most of them say it has overheating issue, camera is slow, battery is not good, display not good at 50% too costly etc. etc...
But when I read users review, who actually own this phone, they say it's awesome, best in class, gem, unmatched etc. etc... Even at stores, I have seen this phone on continueous charging for whole day, there isn't any heating issue anywhere on the phone..
Now, I actually want to buy this phone (price has come down a bit in India).. I can wait for another 5.5 Inch from sony instead of buying any other phone.
1. I never play any game on mobile
2. I never shoot any video
3. Rarely watch any live streaming like youtube etc..
4. I take lots of pictures whole day (dont know why)
5. Download lots of songs
6. Web browsing is normal
7. FB and whatsapp... continuously
8. 5.5 Inch is perfect (not less than that)
Reviews on internet are totally misleading about Z5 premium and I am unable to make mind whether to buy it or wait for another 5.5"
I have only three concerns please resolve :
1. Does it overheat on web browsing and downloading.
2. Is it good for photography.
3. Does it heat up while charging.
Thanks in advance for valuable comments.
Wich battery last longer the note 5 or the sony xperia z5 premium. For youtube streaming and gaming. Please help me choose.
its not ideal when playing pokemon go. battery level suddenly drops, at 100% will only last for 2-3 hours. It also have some heating issue, particularly on its upper back area becoming too uncomfortable to hold for sometime. Graphics, performance and camera likewise are superb.