rere raafat, 29 Jul 2014plz, note 2 or Sony Xperia Z Ultra should i buy?Obviously your on Sony's post!
I have read lots of comments/reviews/opinions of this phone and made me think twice to buy this phone. I really wanted to know about this phone and finally decided to buy last April. In my days, weeks and months of experience with this phone. I am totally satisfied with its performance. Im a little bit techie and im really hard to be pleased with smartphones, but this one made me "WOW".
Reading lots of reviews wont make me discouraged anymore since i have already mine now and i experienced anything on it. No negatives on this phone. This is a recommended to those you are planning to buy smartphones.
Overall good performance! 10 fingers up!
This phone's been out for more than a year. When is a Z2 Ultra coming out?
Aranax, 25 Jul 2014Had this phone for a year now and can now make an informed review on it I think. Although I... moreThank you for your review aranax.we need more from users like you who share their experiences.I.agree about water resistant the USB lid is not made to last
Anonymous, 25 Jul 2014Oh No... Another made.up.broken screen /phone story. Are you crazy?or just a bitter person?
Why should I lie about my broken phone?
let not your mind be troubled...
i bought this device three months ago, i put it on direct use contest with lumia 1520,...for the camera, office and size, lumia wins but for sleakness, class, water reistance, scratch resistance, thunder-speed in browsing....z ultra wins..
do not get me wrong, i use z ultra more cos it makes my photo-experience better, with detachable lens in dcs-x100....
web browsing and international data roaming makes z ultra a travel-partner.
any questions will be answered with simplicity and user experience, trolling and bias is also part of management.
all - yo!
cris, 26 Jul 2014Buy! This is an opinion post!
.. NOT a cell recommendation site, do your own research and Buy Sony Z Ultra!!!
Aranax, 25 Jul 2014Had this phone for a year now and can now make an informed review on it I think.
Although I... moreThis an opinion post, Not personal Review of phones! Plus depending your location it.was Rarely available in July 2013!!!
So Get.a.Grip Mate.
Had this phone for a year now and can now make an informed review on it I think.
Although I loved this phone when I first got it I have grown to hate it now.
First the good
- Wow what an awesome screen, crisp image great colours not ti mention the full hd display just wonderful.
- Performance wise it is simply brilliant super fast and responsive. What more cam I say?
- Design is great altough some people might not like the boxy shape of it I personally think it's great amd extremely thin is also a plus.
- Steady software updates
- Great camera quality for a phone
- Best sound quality I have ever heard in amy smartphone
Now the bad
- Water proof! well... Yeah it is for the first six months untill the little ruber bits on yhe charger port lid start to tear, obviously those see heavy usage due to the phone's poor battery performance, but I'll get to that.
- Screen problem, oh yes, it's not all fun and games when it comes to the screen as after about 7-8 montgs of usage the screen will either go black when I try to unlock the phone or it goes black with green stripea across. This is extremely annoying if I'm trying to unlock the phone and do something quickly. Also sometimes when I get a call the screen just goes white and I can't take the call. I will probably send it for repair but the even bigger problem of being without a phone for a while is terrifying to me hehe.
- Conatruction quality - this phone has never fell on the floor, even so it is not just the ruber from the charging bit that's ripping, even the lid for the sim card and mem card is starting to come loose. Apart from that the phone is solid but since it's advertised as a water proof phone this kind of takes away from it.
- battery performance, well it's bad and I'll leave a practical example. I'm writing this review on the phone and it is now 12:25pm I left home at around 11 and I now have 72% battery left, and the phone didn't see heavy usage. An app called battery doctor helped to mitigate this a bit but I now carry a portable charger around with a phone that is already hard to find a pocket for.
- Camera issue also been having an issue with the camera as it gives me am wrror when I try to snap a picture and it will only work again after I restart the phone and as most people will understand that might be too late to get the picture.
I think I have covered everything I was hoping and I do hope this review helps other people make am informed decision. I still think this has the potential to be a great phone but the screen problem and the camera issue have turned it into an annoying brick sticking out of my pocket.
Hiiii, guys. I m planing 2 buy z ultra. After seeing all these comments, i m bit confused wether 2 buy or not. Plz, help me.
krassi, 23 Jul 2014my z ultra is in bad condition screen broken and nothing works.What is the worst is that I don... moreThere is phones like the samsung galaxy mega which has a 6.3 inch which is the closest to xperia z ultra or if you wanted a better pixel density and gaming there is the htc one max with a 5.9 inch screen.