Update: 11 months on, here is my personal review:
1) Performance remains strong with no hints of lag, unlike my previous Galaxy S3, which began to lagged when opening apps.
2) Battery remains as good as when I first bought it. Battery life is pretty good, but like I said before, some games drains it up real quick.
3) Its still a head turner, as a lot of people still admires its design.
4) I prefer its touchscreen sensitivity over Samsung’s, I find it more to my liking, but on a few occasions, it went crazy and began opening messaging app by itself. A quick reset solved that issue.
1) Bugs and glitches. I encountered them from the beginning, first, my sound settings and equalizer would not worked and I could only activate Clear Audio. After several updates from Sony, problem still persists. Finally, a factory reset solved the problem. But when I updated to android 4.3, the problem returned. It was solved once again after updating to 4.4, but a new bug appeared, when taking photo on superior auto mode, and it selects night scene, the camera freezes up, and I had to exit camera mode. Seems to appear only when night mode is selected. I previously owned and used 3 Samsung devices and didn’t encounter any bugs and glitches like this. Hope Sony solves these issues on their future products.
2) Lack of flash is something that disappointed me, even more so now that I see that the new T2 Ultra has it, with a better camera to boot. I knew it didn’t have flash when I bought it, but increasing its thickness a bit to include it would have been fine with me. I do use flash as a torch during sudden blackouts.
3) Rubber seals are indeed a weak point of Sony waterproof devices. Its subject to wear and tear, and my charging port’s rubber seal broke off after 7 months. A magnetic dock charger might help prevent users from opening that port again and again, but if you have to transfer stuff from your pc to this device, you still need to open that port. I am reluctant to have it repaired, since I was told that those seals will break again about 6 months later.
Despite these cons, I have been happy with this device in general. Even today, its still one of the most powerful devices around, and if like running demanding games with it, it will do so without breaking a sweat. From my user experience, I give it a score of 8/10.
is it only the white ultra that has the yellowish screen ...the white colours are not true white but yellow ?
Briliant but not popular...coz this ph with out ledflash...if come with ledflash z aultra more popular then z2.....sony lovers....
myZ ultra automatic hard reset twice in one month, already install 4.4.4 , is it because i put inside my pant and press some button for long period? anyone experience like this before? or software glance? thanks
AnonD-146632, 25 Jun 2013Triluminos display what that mean can any one explain
also 343 ppi is that full HD screen or ... morefull HD means it has 1080 x 1920 scren resolution , PPI nothing tells about if it is full hd or not.
if you are going to get the hypotenuse of the screen and divide it to the square root of 1080^2 + 1920^2
you will get the PPI or pixel density
Anonymous, 08 Jul 2014Excellent Cell Phone!Yes agree, SONY Z Ultra excellent cell.
AnonD-280340, 04 Jul 2014isnt the battery draining faster?I too updated to 4/4/2 the day i bought the phone which was y... moreNo madness about battery,you should check your settings or apps you loaded,Better battery back up between all models in market.
No regrets about this champ...
Genius, 24 Jun 2014Hello Lee.. It is my opinion that you buy both the Xperia Z Ultra and if possible buy Z2...... moreAgree with Z ultra,but not not Z2,Z ultra is way better than z2, what the Sony was thinkin'??
try to disable stamina mode and install battery guru from play store...
AnonD-281384, 08 Jul 2014Is there a kitkat OTA update available for the xperia z ultra C6833?Yes there it's for 4.4.2
AnonD-281384, 08 Jul 2014Is there a kitkat OTA update available for the xperia z ultra C6833?yes 442
Is there a kitkat OTA update available for the xperia z ultra C6833?
Paul, 05 Jul 2014here in Switzerland it sells at discount stores for
about 410 CHFWhat discount stores? .
its a good phone i have one black its very amazing phone water resistant is very good but the speaker not loud very well but i recommended for this phone !
zibo , 03 Jul 2014Am in china anhui state and I want to buy Xperia z ultura but cannot any help pls? here in Switzerland it sells at discount stores for
about 410 CHF
Bryan, 04 Jul 2014Yeah, great update. Smoother, but seemed buggy at first but seems to be better over time. Stra... moreisnt the battery draining faster?I too updated to 4/4/2 the day i bought the phone which was yesterday and idk what to say but it seems its draining mad fast,no other problems though